Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    I would be inclined to agree with Flyinghippress myself. Yes, mp cost/use can be a bit frustrating at times but BLM didn't just receive nukes. They also received their own DoT's (which as Flying touched on) are much more potent now that level cap has gone up. Considering level cap is going to go up more, so will the dmg on these enfeebs. I love what BLM can do in Abyssea and I still love the fact that BLM isn't as awesome outside it. This allows for learning different ways to control your job.

For those of you who have at least played since 2004 like I have I think you'd agree with me, whether reluctantly or not, when I say BLM itself has come a long long way! All jobs really have and the mechanics of the game have changed drastically. Personally I'm pretty happy with BLM and have always enjoyed the ability to separate myself from the crappy BLM's because I know how to efficiently utilize spells at the right times and deliver good magical blows where necessary without crapping myself out of mp. BLM has always been a job in my mind where you could show how good you were by being able to properly manage your mp and rest time. Let's keep it that way instead of just letting any noob run around the game and throw nukes around.
    (0)

Player
    I would have to agree with Delvante and Flying. BLM is good just as it is. I have from experiance seen to many players get to use to playing the job only in Abyssea cause that is the only place they have ever played it that they just don't know or understand how to play it to conserve MP and still put out the numbers outside. Its sad that the days of leveling off Mob pets kind of died out, cause it really gave you an idea of what you needed to be doing. With to many people taking the job up in a day or two it really just lets you know who knows how to play the job and who doesn't. A good BLM can get the timing down on when to nuke when to rest and when to use job abilites to rarely ever be out of at least enough MP to get a few sleeps or stuns off. Also Dmg wise as is I still think we can put out the numbers to rival most DDs. We just also need to keep in mind the hate they bring. So I personally am glad the cost and recast are what they are makes it easier to manage and keep track of how much hate I accumulate allowing me to save Emnity Douse for the "panic button" moments.
    (0)

as a blm longer than you ever been, i can tell u right now auto refresh is not necessary. the whole point is to nuke the mob with w/e resistance is weakest. when you are done nuking u rest and regain mp. then its back at it. since blms have high hate, even with ability, u should rest ur mp to lower ur hate. then nuke again. you should know this if you nuked faffy or niddy through out the years, even though u probably never did. just deal with it and know your roll and shut your mouth. LOL.
    (0)

Yeah....except if you're resting, then you're not nuking. If you're not nuking, then you're not doing damage.
    (1)

Every job has a place it fails at.. this is one of blms. Besides the black mage job isn't all about nuking. We have to stun, hold, even sometimes enfeeble monsters at times when there isn't a red mage around.

Also remember you can always offset the mp problem with gil. (mana items like ether)
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 07-30-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    BLM can get 7/tick auto-refresh just from gear if they want to:

Owleyes (Though a lot of people hate wearing this)
    Wivre Hairpin
    Goetia +2 body (2/tick)
    Moonshade Earring
    Serpentes Set
    Stearc Subligar

Certainly a lot better than the 1/tick we could get before Abyssea came out, but yeah you can still burn through all your MP (especially outside abyssea) in no time at all.
    (1)

Character
    Odintius
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Should be a new stance were depending on the day you can call out a elemental which only protect's you like /cover. Once out it give you certain stat's. I know smn be piss but give them the one's ive seen in abyssea :P

-Proc MP Conserve Trait giving you guarantee percentage of lower cost of spell. Further reduction if align with spell of element of that day.
    -Augment's Aspir/Aspir II making monster HP as a reliable draing pool.
    -Enhances Refresh Effect.
    Just an opinion other hidden effect be great but sure some wont agree lol.
    (0)

Player
    You know if they made it posible for BLM to actually mele without haveing HUGE amounts of acc gear Spirit taker would be a very viable option for BLM in a party setup. The trial staffs have very respectable damage on them making them decent for spirit taker damge. On the other side another option for suporting this idea is to sub DRK. I know it sounds wierd but say you got your ice staff on and cast ice magic DRK sub gives you TP propotionate to a percentage of the MP cost. On top of that /drk gets absorb TP and BLM does have a very high dark magic skill making it a worthwhile option. Not saying its the best option just saying it is an option people overlook.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    BLM/RDM can get 10 mp/tick Refresh outside of Abyssea, and 20 mp/tick (more if you're using the wrong atma) in Abyssea. Couple that with Convert, Aspir I, and Aspir II and you've got a massive amount of MP recovery. I've never really had any problems, to be honest.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Imole View Post
    You know if they made it posible for BLM to actually mele without haveing HUGE amounts of acc gear Spirit taker would be a very viable option for BLM in a party setup. The trial staffs have very respectable damage on them making them decent for spirit taker damge. On the other side another option for suporting this idea is to sub DRK. I know it sounds wierd but say you got your ice staff on and cast ice magic DRK sub gives you TP propotionate to a percentage of the MP cost. On top of that /drk gets absorb TP and BLM does have a very high dark magic skill making it a worthwhile option. Not saying its the best option just saying it is an option people overlook.
    Are you Imole from Carbuncle???
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast