Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

A Few Merit Ideas!

Ok well since pretty much most ofthe other merits (except Storm Surge) are kinda.... pointless. Why not allow SCHs to merit into Strategem capacity and Stragem Recharge rate (Much like Sneak Attack). I'm putting this up since I am assuming that new merits (tier 3) are not far from here. Let me know what you think.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would naturally love to have both of these, but the problem I see is that no one would ever pick anything else. Not that there aren't obvious choices for other jobs, I just think for these two in particular for SCH they'd have to offer some pretty amazing alternatives for me to consider not selecting a buff to the most often used and job-defining JAs. In fact, I think I'd just prefer a flat recharge reduction and count increase at 99 without merits, and leave the merits for something else.

I'm actually hoping for something with a little more complexity in 99 merits, like here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...specialization

I like the idea of being able to merit abilities that are divided into different specializations, and being able to swap specializations @Moogle:

Specialization1: Geomancer
    Contains spells and abilities related to weather effects, like tier 2 storms, tier 2 helix, weather related JAs.

Specialization2: Calculator
    Contains JAs that magnify the effect of existing spells based on current parameters. "Parameter: Enmity" magnifies the next healing or enhancing magic spell based on the target's current enmity value. "Parameter: HP" magnifies the next healing magic spell based on the target's current HP.

You'd be able to merit all abilities, but you'd have to pick a specialization in MH that gives you all of that specialization's abilities and none of the others'.
    (0)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 04-29-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    merits at 99 does not fix the problems with the current merit choises.

I can say I have MAB helix 5/5, stormsurge 5/5 and enlightenment 1/5 and call SCH fully merited, the rest of our merits is really bad. (there is little to no benefit to maxing enlightenment)

if MV was not gimped to hell it would be good to merit that but that is not the case anymore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-30-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    merits at 99 does not fix the problems with the current merit choises.

I can say I have MAB helix 5/5, stormsurge 5/5 and enlightenment 1/5 and call SCH fully merited, the rest of our merits is really bad. (there is little to no benefit to maxing enlightenment)

if MV was not gimped to hell it would be good to merit that but that is not the case anymore.
    Am I the only one who loves my sublimation merits?
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Am I the only one who loves my sublimation merits?
    I did not list that becasue i have no mp issues, so they would not benfit me.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    I did not list that becasue i have no mp issues, so they would not benfit me.
    Bullshit, also what else are you gonna merit? grimoire recast?
    (0)

Player
    Bullshit, also what else are you gonna merit? grimoire recast?
    Really? It's bullshit that someone wouldn't have MP issues? Have you played FFXI recently? Sublimation and Convert have both become next to useless for me. Even before Abyssea I never had any real MP problems, with Convert now as well +50 MP on Sublimation is just worthless, screw that, the Sublimation update alone probably suffices.
    As it is Helix merits are the only ones that even do anything, +50 MP is a joke and Grimoire recast is worthless. I'd change it to one of them even though they're worthless but I actually have hope that everyones constant bitching about Modus will actually make them fix the damned thing. If not, I'm still not gaining anything by switching since both are worthless and you're going to have to be a god of persuasion to convince me otherwise.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Really? It's bullshit that someone wouldn't have MP issues? Have you played FFXI recently? Sublimation and Convert have both become next to useless for me. Even before Abyssea I never had any real MP problems, with Convert now as well +50 MP on Sublimation is just worthless, screw that, the Sublimation update alone probably suffices.
    As it is Helix merits are the only ones that even do anything, +50 MP is a joke and Grimoire recast is worthless. I'd change it to one of them even though they're worthless but I actually have hope that everyones constant bitching about Modus will actually make them fix the damned thing. If not, I'm still not gaining anything by switching since both are worthless and you're going to have to be a god of persuasion to convince me otherwise.
    Even inside abyssea I find uses for all of my MP, and more never hurts. Sure if i'm half-ass healing or something I have an infinite MP pool, but who gives a shit.

I frequently run out of mp popping t4/t5 spells (even with parsimony) and pumping convert and sublimation when available.

+50 mp is loads more useful than modus veritas and grimoire recast.
    (0)

Player
    Even inside abyssea I find uses for all of my MP, and more never hurts. Sure if i'm half-ass healing or something I have an infinite MP pool, but who gives a shit.

I frequently run out of mp popping t4/t5 spells (even with parsimony) and pumping convert and sublimation when available.

+50 mp is loads more useful than modus veritas and grimoire recast.
    That's funny, I can main heal (with no support) spamming Cure IV with Rapture and have an infinite MP pool.
    Likewise, I only spam nukes with Ebullience and have an infinite MP pool.

I think you're doing something wrong (the fact that you admit to still using Parsimony makes that much clear), feel free to brag about running out of MP though. 3/4s of our Group 1 merits are worthless, if they ever fix Modus Veritas it's easily the best thing to merit.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    That's funny, I can main heal (with no support) spamming Cure IV with Rapture and have an infinite MP pool.
    By half-ass healing I mean the piss poor job we do of it because of only being able to spam cure4. Even so several accession > cure4s in succession is a big MP drain. Maybe you just low-man everything where you only have to heal 1 or 2 guys, but during LS events I support heal an entire alliance and it isnt easy.

Likewise, I only spam nukes with Ebullience and have an infinite MP pool.
    I think you're doing something wrong (the fact that you admit to still using Parsimony makes that much clear),
    I Only use parsimony once I drop down to about ~50% mp, Cool strawman bro.

feel free to brag about running out of MP though. 3/4s of our Group 1 merits are worthless, if they ever fix Modus Veritas it's easily the best thing to merit.
    Looks who's bragging now.

If you always have infinite MP, even spamming ebullience, then you arent killing fast enough. Do you stop to rebuff after every kill or something?

And If 50 MP is useless, then so are hp/mp merits let's whine about them. If 7INt from stormsurge is uselss then so is 5INT from merits.

I agree we need better group1 merits (sublimation included) and i'm not saying that sublimation merits are the best thing ever, but they aren't 'useless'.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast