Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anucris View Post
    why do abilities have to hinder the player?
    If You're addressing me I don't think you understood what i was trying to say.

I didn't say it "Had" to hinder the player. I'm saying Spirit Link already does hinder the player, So Giving it a Shorter Recast isn't broken as there's already a Limit to how much it can heal and how it effects the Player itself. I'm addressing that as a "possible" Fix to Wyvern pets dying. I don't like that it hurts the player, Nor do i think its "great". I'm only saying DRGs have an Ability to cure their Wyverns, getting SE to adjust that Ability would be more likely than having them add an entirely new system to Wyverns in terms of Curing.

If you're not addressing me, Then Ignore the above, As it would have nothing to do with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anucris View Post
    and the thing with spirit link is that it really hurts your own HP. so in the common situation that your wyvern would die (in a NM AOE situation most commonly) after you SL the AOE will likely kill you. Spirit Link is not the answer.
    This depends on if you're solo or in an Alliance.

If you're in an Alliance, You can always disengage, move back, Spirit Link, Cure yourself, and come back. If you're solo. its more complicated.

If Solo, Your pet should only ever get hit if its by an AoE, At which point you should cure him, and not wait until the next possible AoE. When a Wyvern takes damage you should Spirit Link to recover it. So You should never be in a situation where "My Wyvern is almost dead and the mob is readying an AoE". <Edit: I'm not saying these situations never arise, I'm only expressing they should be rare, maybe brought about by a bad -aga spell > AoE TP move, But in those situations Pet food wouldn't save you anyway>

So I reiterate. I Would welcome the idea of a Pet Food for Wyvern, I'm only saying its Unlikely, not that i hate the idea. And That i agree Spirit Link is in itself a hindering Ability as its Timer is too Long, and it hurts the Player.

I'm Just express my idea that Tweaking Spirit Link Instead of introducing an entirely new job ability and System around a Wyvern-Feed idea Might get more attention/Implementation. I think if we asked SE to Rehaul spirit Link to something like this:

Spirit Link
    Recast: 1 minute
    Drains 1/4th of Users HP. Gives 2x the Amount to Wyvern.

We might get that. It wouldn't be perfect, But it would be a simple solution, easily added, that might make some people happy? Again, I'm not insulting the idea of Wyvern-Food, Infact i like it. I'm only saying its unrealistic, and maybe asking SE for Spirit Link Over-Haul could get is more attention/better results.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-19-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    maybe rethinking spirit link is a decent idea, but i believe the timers is not that main/only concern. there should be a lower cap on how much it takes from the dragoon i.e. 300-400 maybe (without being greedy) if greedy was even an option id say 250 max or less if the wyvern doesnt need to recover much
    (0)

Player
    Why not just make it a straight HP swap? If you only need 50 it takes 50, if 1000 then 1000 (or whatever the desired cap is). SL enhancing gear can either increase the cap of what is healed without taking more HP or decrease the amount of HP taken from the DRG without increasing the cap.
    (0)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    I am more into the idea of sending the wyvern out of the combat circle, even have a bit long reuse time, or even it only send it away for 2-3 sec like we get from super jump.
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    instead of trying to make the wyvern fly away and cause problems and all this why not just give the wyvern an Iron Skin move either short term resist all damage 10 seconds or a longer term -50% dmg ability like 1 min.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3