Character
    Chita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Pet Food to use for Wyvern

Dear SE,
    As the +2 set of Lancer's gear involves your wyvern to be available. I was wondering if it might be possible to make a food or make BST pet food for use for the wyvern. The poor little guy never really stands a chance vs AoE NM's/HNM's.

Thanks for your time,
    Chita -Phoenix
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Unless you set stonesking on your wyvern via spirit link (with empathy) our beloved wyvern don't have a change of survive many HNM or NM AoE.
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't think Wyvern would stand a chance even with food. :S Any one else have any opinions on that?
    (0)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Empyrean Head and Spirit Link are really all we have.. and at most times I feel that's ok. In abyssea atma effects carry over to the pet so that's something to consider in there...

Maybe instead of healing items give us a shortened call wyvern time? Or something similar to what PUP got in one of the last updates.
    (0)

Player
    Speaking of, is there a reason pets can't be healed by the standard healing spells that affect players? They're so fragile as is I can't imagine it being some strange balance issue.
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think that might have something to do with pets tanking? I'm not sure though.
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Player
    But healing brings so much enmity that a pet wouldn't realistically be able to hold the enemy's attention anyway. Wyverns don't have a provoke equivalent of any type, do they?
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Your right that they don't but I was referring to PUP, BST, and SMN. If Wyverns were allowed to be healed then the same rule would have to apply to other pet jobs. For instance if PUP could have someone cure their Valloredge Frame it be more realistic as a tankish role.
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Player
    Seems to me the problem's at the root of how pets are coded, than.

Code wyverns to be healable, Puppets not to be, and treat everything else on an individual basis.

Automatons are machines, anyway, and summoner monsters (dunno what they're called yet) are... ghosty... things....

But wyverns are flesh and blood dragons. Who can't realistically tank, anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wonder how balanced it would be to give the wyvern a large damage resistance trait against only attacks not directly targeting it?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast