Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Food would certainly be awesome, or heck even an enhanced version of Wyvern Feed. I mean come on, this stuff heals what, 60 HP?

That said, while being able to heal our wyverns easier would be awesome, I think some form of passive -PDT would help far more in the long run. I don't think it would unbalance things much at all to increase survivability at least a small bit. Avatars already have this in the forum of -50% PDT, and all a SMN has to do is release/summon and they have a brand new pet at 100% HP ready to go.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dais View Post
    I wonder how balanced it would be to give the wyvern a large damage resistance trait against only attacks not directly targeting it?
    I think it would be a legitimate request for a Pet: Physical Damage Taken -% & Pet: Magical Damage Taken -% trait at least. As far as game balance goes, I can't imagine any situation where that would tilt the odds. It would make the game just that more enjoyable.
    (0)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Player
    I would have to agree with Fusionx, I don't think pet food is really the answer here for this problem. I think if SE were to change the recast from 20 min down to say 5 min or even 10 min it would drastically reduce the problem. Its a little annoying to call my wyvern out just for 3-4 min later I have used up Spirit Link and the AF3+1 Head isn't kicking in and the poor guy dies. Than I'm stuck waiting 16-17 min before I can recall him. Pet food I doubt will do much of anything to help keep him alive. Unlike most of the BST pets a wyvern doesn't really have much defence to help keep him alive against the harder hitting mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Troca View Post
    Seems to me the problem's at the root of how pets are coded, than.

Code wyverns to be healable, Puppets not to be, and treat everything else on an individual basis.

Automatons are machines, anyway, and summoner monsters (dunno what they're called yet) are... ghosty... things....

But wyverns are flesh and blood dragons. Who can't realistically tank, anyway.
    Troca got a point....
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Dais is along the best line of thought here. wyvern simply needs damage taken reduction. avatars get -50% but smn needs them to really fight at all (solo EP) so wyvern could probably use a defense boost and a big magic defense boost. or smaller DT% like -30% DT(might take 3-4 AOE's instead of 1-2 to kill my wyvern) there are more desirable options that i've listed in another section, but pet food just isn't gonna cut it + its just something else to keep angon out of my ranged slot (which if swapped in reduces TP to 0)
    (0)

Character
    Lancil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Swapping ammo items does not make you lose tp, and I don't think the food would necessarily have to be equipped. Why not make it closer to foods or meds to prevent us from gaining a new ability that we can only use every 3 minutes. The new item could possible not just restore our wyvern's hp but also possible increase other stats.

Maybe it's just cause its 5:30 in the morning, but wyvern specific food could give things like increased atk, def, and other obvious stats to increased hp, regen, lower delay, and the ever so hopeful -50% dmg taken we all want. If we really want to use food would could just use our empyrean body right? I personally feel there isn't any food that is cheap enough to use on a regular basis just for the sole purpose for my wyvern only to see it flop to the ground shortly after.

I'll admit the food idea is kind of out there(expensive and unlikely), but having stackable(99) med like items could prove useful. I'm not saying it should be spam-able, maybe give it a medicated 5 min effect so we can spread out the time between spirit links.
    (0)

Character
    Rissillia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd like to toss in my opinion :3

I don't think shortening Call Wyvern would help much nor so i see it happening as they did shorten it from being our two hour few years ago. I'd rather see a way to keep the Wyvern alive such as the food suggestion or shortening the Spirit Link timer without merits because of the "Mini-Level up" (for lack of being able to think of a better term off hand..) bonus. The "Mini-Level up" bonus is great for Healing Breath, any DRG/Mage (or /melee using Restoring Breath) knows this bonus can be life saving.

As for the PDT-/MDT- bonuses, a way you could implement this could be with he Mini-level up bonus. Such as it would gradually build up as the bonus gets higher. ^^
    (0)

I think Introducing a "Wyvern Pet Food" Wouldn't be a catastrophic idea. However, A Better idea would likely be a lowering of "Spirit Link" Timer to about 1 minute, or 30 Seconds. If you think about it its not that broken, Seeing as how it does hinder the player in return.

Reward from BST has a 1:30 timer, but it costs them money, It balances, I think giving Spirit Link a ~1min Timer is more realistic, As it drains your own HP there shouldn't be a long recast on it.

Adding Pet food for Wyverns would be hard to play off. From a Pet-Job Standpoint, if Wyvern got an Ability to Recover its pets HP further (aside from Spirit Link), SMN Would be the only job without an Item to recover pets HP, So Summoners would begin to complain for something as well.

Truthfully i wish the game was "ITS MAGIC I AINT GOTTA SPLAIN S***" Enough that we could just slap BST/SMN/DRG on Pet-Food Biscuits and call it a day, But sadly that would make next to no sense game wise...

Its a tough subject to address...
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    why do abilities have to hinder the player?
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    and the thing with spirit link is that it really hurts your own HP. so in the common situation that your wyvern would die (in a NM AOE situation most commonly) after you SL the AOE will likely kill you. Spirit Link is not the answer.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast