Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Absorb-Speed

I'll start by saying this isn't my idea and i take no credit for it
    (I may of thought of it like alot of DRKs by looking at stuff like Absorb-CHR and w/e and thinking man why can't we get a Absorb-Haste)

I want to consider the idea after the last resort buff allowing DRKs to hit 50% solo haste for 3 mins out of every 4:10mins.

Honestly I think SE should seriously consider this since now it could add a massive amount to DRK but i also accept it has to be balanced.

I'm asking for is others DRKs and even none DRK to consider what the balance should be and by how much the intail haste should be.

I have 3 ideas for this spell.

Idea 1 give it a 3-4% haste value meaning it's still worth casting but isn't too game breaking on DRK but in Neither Void it should be able to reach 10%.

Idea 2 give it a large recast 3-6 mins so that the potency can a decent amount.

Idea 3 give DRK a new Job abilty called "Forbidden Magic" which allows DRK to use 1 of a selected number of spells the recast on this should be on a 5 min timer so we can have around 3-4 very powerful spell which we can only use one.

For example
    Forbidden Magic spell list...
    Dark (High DMG, Enfeebling(Blind,Bio III, Curse/Zombie)
    Drain III (1k Drain that increases max hp)(1k hp should be cap)
    Absorb speed (10% haste (10% slow for mob))
    En-Terror (lasts 5 hits and inflicts Terror on mob)

Anyway thats my take on the spell and what i'd like it to be but i would like to hear what other would like from the spell and how they think it should be balanced.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-27-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    inb4 drk becomes sch
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Ya there are like 30 threads up that bring up Absorb-speed, including my thread which was the first fix drk ideas thread on this forum. As for Abs-speed you'll find the whole drk community wants this as a spell, and who can blame them, the problem however doesn't lie so much in how un balancing it could be for us, but how useful it could be. For instance, abs acc is nice it gives you acc while lowering opponents, so why don't we use it? Its not enough, to long recast, and it doesn't land often enough. The whole dark magic in general in this game is incredibly unbalanced, everything seems to have high resist rates to most of it, hell its hard enough to hit sleep at times. I think SE really needs to reconsider there hatred of drk spells and embrace the fact that we need some balance. Also absorb haste should be at least 10-15% haste/slow to make it really worth it and give drk a good edge, just my 2 cents.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Theres alot of places that mention absorb-speed i just wanted to see what others felt the spell should be and how SE should add it if they could. Also one main place we can talk about it.

Also with my idea i'm not saying it's the best way to add Absorb-Speed because it prolly isn't and really it's up to SE to work it out fully but i'd like to know how others would balance/justify an abilty to add haste to a job that can gain 50% haste for 72% of the time.
    (0)
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

well, with it being like most other absorbs thats balancing enough right there (lolabsorb spells >_>) considering decay rate 15% is fine an nethervoid overshooting it wouldnt be such an issue since haste caps+decay, recast/cast speed are the things to take a look at, should we be able to cast it to keep it up 24/7 or should there be a cooldown on it should it take time to cast cus right there its negatively effecting us(possible balancing act) how much mp should it cost etc

i really want to see this spell in game but im not keeping my fingers crossed on it
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Assuming they fix the abs decay and the super high resist rates to dark magic I can say that having 15% or higher absorb-speed wouldn't be broken, it would count as magic haste and it would be a debuff as well, plus add nethervoid for even more, that makes drk more usefull. Ya some jobs may complain about drk's self haste, but as its been pointed out blu has haste, besides /whm and soon /rdm will have haste, which means easier to get other ppl haste. I for one hope that is abs-speed is implemented then it should be stackable with haste/march/slow to make drk more useful, or else it will be one of those niche spells that whm will love because they don't have to haste the drk lol.
    (0)

Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    Yeah, I see this spell as a necessity. I mean, next to Absorb-TP, it would be the only useful one. The rest of the Absorb spells are a joke as they currently are.
    (0)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Another thing worth mentioning is that this would at least make the DRK mythic a little better

Another thing i have thought of is if SE doesn't make it stack with WHM haste then i think it could still work well cause i'd welcome the day when i don't have to bug a WHM to haste me.

If this were the case the potency could easily be 20% (25% w/ N.void) and Mythic adding another 5% while a little stronger than haste because the the decay it'll prolly average out to be 10%-12% haste.

One thing i want to point out is if it does stack with haste and we could spam it then we'd have more haste than MNK gets when it uses it's 2 hr for 72% of the time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-29-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Player
    Get Desperate Blows, wait for May 10th. Get pseudo absorb-speed, be happy.
    Last Resort is about to get pretty gewd.
    (0)

love how some ppl think the lr update is game breaking, its really not, good update and drk needed it but its not enough to push us into the higher tiers of the dd hierarchy atm, just gets us closer, but as more support is added the less influential it becomes as dart and kirschy have both noted
    (0)
    Respect given turns into respect shown.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast