Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why am I so weak at 90? Help!

Hi,

So.. I'm a level 90 DRK. This is my main job and I had alot of fun levelling it to around 40 then I set up a party and leeched in aby for about 2 days until I got to 90 (I know some people are really against this, but I figured wth). So basically, I feel very, very weak for a lvl 90 and was wondering if anyone could help me figure what the problem was. I was thinking it was just due to skilling up, but I'll list my stats here so you guys can advise.. Hopefully lol.

Wearing all perle gear, which seems to be good (i'm working on DRK paper atm). Equipped Havoc Sycthe, skill is 178 (low I know, but i'm skilling up as much as possible) and using food etc etc. But I still end up with weak attacks and defence. Basically, my damage per hit on a easy prey mob is around 200- dmg, which I think is pretty embarassing. When I use vorpal sycthe the damage is about the same - probably to around the 450 mark, all though this is rare. Is this just because of combat skill? I was in Wajom woodlands and I fought a lesser cobri and it basically killed me, then I saw a 75 drg take it down in less than a minute. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it just purely down to weapon/magic skill or something else im missing? I think I know the job quite well (have all spells, use abilities, sub war etc etc). It's just really bad, because I pt with my friend whos a 60 BLU and he seems to be doing more damage than me lol. If anyone could advise it would be much appreciated Sorry for the long post, and try to be gentle.. Only been playing a couple of months.... Cheers.
    (0)

Get better gear, Perle is fine as a "Stand in" but not the best.. Look into Empyrean Armor+1/+2. Cap your Scythe and Greatsword, Get weapons that don't suck, and eat decent food. You're a DRK, So you won't be the best, but your damage can be good. Full Perle is terrible as final armor, You need to replace it ASAP. look into capping Gear haste (26% in shown Gear).

That should do it.

As far as decent weapons go. Look into something thats higher than level 80. I suggest Twilight Scythe or Woeborn. Magian Scythes are good too.

Edit: Also, Unfortunately, it is likely all your skills being uncapped. Skills determined your acc/atk of your weapon. level Correction helps, But If you cap your skills it gets much better.

Beyond that, You do need a better Scythe as mentioned above.

Cap your skills, and you should be fine. DRK isn't the greatest DD, but can be good if geared right. goodluck.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-06-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Get a real weapon and cap your skills
    (1)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Vorpal scythe

Sounds like your really low on skill/don't have atma.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    Vorpal scythe

Sounds like your really low on skill/don't have atma.
    Right, Forgot about Atmas. Also Abyssites.

You may want to look into getting Abyssites that boost your HP/MP/STR/ETC stats. Theres like 7 between the 2 i think

Also look into Decent Atmas. Voracious Violet, Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, Atma of Apocalypse, Scorpion Queen, etc.

ffxiclopedia.org is a great website to find information on this.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Havoc scythe is a lvl 75 Scythe no?

But yea DRK takes alot of work to get good number out of it u need to cap everything and get at least full af3+1 before you can expect any improvement

Also it's already been said atma ect
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Lvl 70, Also weaker than even Death Scythe (Which i think is cheap now)

But yah :O
    (0)

You're weak because you have 200 less attack and accuracy than you should have at lv 90. This is fixed by skilling up.

I would say this alone has a much larger impact on whatever you're doing than using perle gear vs things that are better than perle.

To put things in perspective, things other players have a 95% hit rate against, you might have 20%. and that's only because it's not possible to have less than 20% regardless of skill level. If it wasn't for that, you might actually have had 5% hit rate. This will always happen if you gain levels without gaining skill up, and it wasn't a big problem before people started leeching.

I know there was people with low levels from level sync, but it was rarely that severe if they made sure to not sync too far down.

Also, get used to not hitting for more than 2-300 damage on mobs (at least outside abyssea), that's just how the game is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    How about not have leveling it for 50 lvls in abyssea and wondering why your magic/combat skills are so low you can hit anything.... But that is just me.
    (0)

You got whacked 'cause you're weak.

Going my way?
    Yes
    No
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast