Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Absorb-Speed

i have to aplogize to charismatic, i wasnt trying to insult you in any way or form, im sorry my wording hit a nerve, very unintentional
    i was refering to the fact that it is a good buff, great one even, but like how ppl have mathed it out it becomes less influential plain an simple with more support added essentially.
    in the future, charismatic, you shouldnt use the term "put words in peoples mouth(s)" when you pretty much did the same (to me) with the remark about me having forgotten "life outside abyssea" and taking rezeaks thoughts on absorb-speed and applying them to my posts (stacking with haste) when i myself have not commented about it stacking with haste to my knowledge
    (0)
    Respect given turns into respect shown.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Oh. Another person to use the word "whine." Really, the only whining I ever see is not from our discussions on topics, but people who come from nowhere and complain that we're trying to discuss it.

Or, in short, the pot calling the kettle black.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but the "outside abyssea" argument barely holds any merit because it's assuming these new Voidwatcher NMs will be at all useful and if the Dynamis update will warrant more use out of the event. Otherwise, there isn't much of an "outside abyssea." As of right now, FFXI is Abyssea. So you can take your condescending attitude back where you came from.
    I sure hope SE never listens to the DRK community if 'what's hot now' is the only thing people want to think about. Sure, Abyssea is what's in now but as they add new content, (and they will) unless we're getting the same buffs as we're getting in Abyssea... things are going to change. They can keep ping ponging us around all day or they can plan ahead and save time, effort and resources.
    Guess which one most people would do.
    (0)

+
    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I sure hope SE never listens to the DRK community if 'what's hot now' is the only thing people want to think about. Sure, Abyssea is what's in now but as they add new content, (and they will) unless we're getting the same buffs as we're getting in Abyssea... things are going to change. They can keep ping ponging us around all day or they can plan ahead and save time, effort and resources.
    Guess which one most people would do.
    Pretty much.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i had a long, well typed up/mathed out post going. But to hell with that.

Pull your head out of your ass and do some research before you spout off.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    i had a long, well typed up/mathed out post going. But to hell with that.

Pull your head out of your ass and do some research before you spout off.
    Who is that even towards? Me or Charismatic?
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    never you kagato. that charismatic guy. Typical come in and knows nothing about the job, but tries to bullshit his way through stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    never you kagato. that charismatic guy. Typical come in and knows nothing about the job, but tries to bullshit his way through stuff.
    at least im not here making him look normal
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I enjoy discussing/arguing with you jar. Lets just keep it mostly civil :-p
    (0)

Player
    The thing that irks me about DRKs who complain about their DMG, and assume they should be the highest DD in the game is that its a hybrid job. Its not a pure caster or physical attacker.
    It never was a pure anything.
    It is more or less, a more physical sided RDM, just with different named spells/effects/weapon choices. Granted RDM excels in its role outside abyssea, and DRK has been lackluster for a few years.
    But, my point is DRKs need to focus less on DMG and assume a more hybrid role.
    I would love to see Absorb 2 spells from Lv.90-99. Very potent, effective Absorb spells that last longer, land 90% of the time, grant greater benefits to the DRK and hinder the mob more.
    I think the only reason the FFXI DRK community took the melee route is because Abs-spells were so damn useless to start with. (well, that and because SE gave them access to all the gear WAR had access to such as ebody/ridill/hecatomb as well as the weapons)

When I see DRKs complaining about DMG, its like seeing RDMs complain about how their Nukes aren't as powerful as a BLM's.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    The thing that irks me about DRKs who complain about their DMG, and assume they should be the highest DD in the game is that its a hybrid job. Its not a pure caster or physical attacker.
    It never was a pure anything.
    It is more or less, a more physical sided RDM, just with different named spells/effects/weapon choices. Granted RDM excels in its role outside abyssea, and DRK has been lackluster for a few years.
    But, my point is DRKs need to focus less on DMG and assume a more hybrid role.
    I would love to see Absorb 2 spells from Lv.90-99. Very potent, effective Absorb spells that last longer, land 90% of the time, grant greater benefits to the DRK and hinder the mob more.
    I think the only reason the FFXI DRK community took the melee route is because Abs-spells were so damn useless to start with. (well, that and because SE gave them access to all the gear WAR had access to such as ebody/ridill/hecatomb as well as the weapons)

When I see DRKs complaining about DMG, its like seeing RDMs complain about how their Nukes aren't as powerful as a BLM's.
    Someone missed the boat.

By a month.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast