Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Nitpick: Spike spells
    yeah I bought that up. I also think bonues like Perpetuance should be able to work with spikes and Klimaform.

same with light enbeebling magic, why can't we aoe slow and such?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    same with light enbeebling magic, why can't we aoe slow and such?
    This bothers me too. I was continually annoyed watching campaign NMs do this when I couldn't. With the level cap raise I was hoping these disparities would disappear but so far I have been disappointed. I want to cast Reviviscence on WHM like Ferrous Coffin and I want to AOE white enfeebles like those horrid campaign NMs!
    (0)

Player
    Scholar doesn't get any White Magic enfeebles natively, why should we be able to do anything special with them?
    (I'm not playing devils advocate, I'm arguing that we should get some more enfeebles)

Accession should read:
    "Extends the effect of your next healing or enhancing magic spell to party members within range."
    And Manifestation:
    "Extends the effect of your next enfeebling or dark magic spell to targets within range."

Removed black/white magic so you can effectively just cast Paralyze while in Dark Arts to do it. Also added dark magic to Manifestation since SE seems to have missed that out to begin with. If SE ever decided to comment I'm sure there's a technical reason this can't be done, though.

Another idea that the "Scholar should get more special spells" crowd would probably love, would be to just remove all enfeeble/enhancing spells from Scholar and give a set of new spells that are effectively the same, just built to work with Stratagems, like a black magic Paralyze or white magic Shock Spikes, etc.
    Actually yeah, lets go with that. Then we can ignore Red Mage merits and get tier II enfeebles.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sotek; 05-02-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    make healing magic skill MATTER!
    I am with you on this Rambus, changing the cure formula to make healing magic skill matter would solve so many problems.
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    I am with you on this Rambus, changing the cure formula to make healing magic skill matter would solve so many problems.

I can hear my already full inventory crying in anticipation.
    (0)

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I would be happy with a Helix type cure. Say it only does cure3ish healing.. but ticks like 4-7 times over the course of a minute~. wouldnt replace cure5 from WHM. but would be useful to have ticking on the tank while you still drop cure4.

i posted in another place some time ago about a defensive dmg spell
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...5585#post55585

This could be changed to utilize enhancing magic, but effectively, it could help the party and not just the sch.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2