Thread: Duel Weild

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95

Duel Weild

Blue Mage at low levels need access to DW. We have very few sheilds to access. We need DW so we are not limiter to Ninja or dnc for subs. I like useing rdm as sub for the En spells and the enfeble spells. We have enough spells that could be combined for a tiered DW.
    (0)

Character
    Andevom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    But why should Blue Mage have access to it at low levels when other jobs don't? If you want that specific perk, you need to use specific subjobs. It's how things are structured.
    (0)

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Blu's have no "need" for DW at low lvls. Nor do they truely need to be concerned with what shield options there are at low lvls. DW isn't a requirement, it's a luxury. We are good at what we do because of the spells we have (and the traits the spell combos give), not because we have an extra sword on us.
    (1)

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    "low levels" needs to be a tad more specific. maybe it's changed since when i lvled it the first time, but from what i recall there was a whole lot of bludgeon'ing around the 20ish range with next to no sword DPS. Dual wield didn't do jack for me, cause all the dmg came from spells anyway.

Around 40ish is when sword DPS started being important.
    (0)

Player
    I really agree with the OP, when i'm opening chests on low level job, dual wielding keys is very useful. We shouldn't have to sub nin at low level blu to open chests with both hands.
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    BLue Mage is not a job primarily about physical weaponry. Therefore it does not make sense for it to have Dual Wield at a low level.

As it stands, BLU can get Dual Wield I at 20 from one sub, 40 from another, and at 80 by itself. Dual Wield II at 50 from one sub, 80 from another, and 89 by itself. Finally, BLU can get Dual Wield III at 90 from one sub. This is a plentiful number of dual wielding options.

Really, just be happy you can get tier II natively, and that tier I native comes before THF gets it.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The first tier of the trait is not that potent. I would be just as happy seeing a str+1, vit+1, def 6 or so shield for blu somewhere in the mid-twenties young blue mages could use for several levels.
    Fencer at low levels would be amazing but I doubt we would ever see that. Hmm maybe a shield with fencer +1?
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I'm lvl. 56 , I like to use rdm as my sub, either better sheilds or dw would help for solo.
    (0)

Character
    Wulfshadow
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spero View Post
    I'm lvl. 56 , I like to use rdm as my sub, either better sheilds or dw would help for solo.
    Solution: level /nin, get hit less WHILE you deal more damage. /rdm will give you practically nothing at that level. If you come up with something you'd rather /rdm instead of /nin for that you're meleeing solo then let me know.
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Guess I'll have to lvl ninja more. I have ninja at 27. I'm having trouble getting some of my spells that I can get at this lvl. Where would be a good place to lvl at 56?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast