Player

Unnecessarily restrictive handle selection configuration

The forums restricts a user from creating what should be valid user handles by restricting any user handle containing the string 'arse', and does not really prevent users from using the inappropriate names it is being meant to.

Example: I am unable to select the user name "Arsenal", "Arsenio" (as in Arsenio Hall), "Parse", "Narse", (my character name; I am posting this from a friend's account until this issue is resolved, as I can't change my handle later on), or anything that contains the string of letters 'arse' (Fopekropgarsekfopwe, for example).

However, I am able to create user names containing 'ass' in them, even ones as blatent as "Dumbass". It seems excessively silly to restrict a user from using the string 'arse' in their name, especially so if they are still able to use 'ass' in place of anywhere they'd use 'arse'. The only people suffering are those that want to use the string 'arse' legitimately. Anyone trying to use it offensively is not being restricted by any means from making offensive names, since 'ass' as a string is not restricted (nor should it be as it is used too commonly in many legitimate words).

Please fix this so I can create my handle using my character name. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Auspice
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Having a similar issue since my character name is Auspice. No combinations of my character name and server are working. It appears that "spic" is causing the issue.

This is ridiculous.
    (0)