Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Elemental Trials - Fire/Light

So, elemental trials are supposed to be a casual way to upgrade various weapons even if sometimes certain weather patterns hamper progress. Got it.

However a major problem exists regarding fire and light path weapons, the corresponding weather patterns just don't exist. Qufim(Tu'lia/Behe Dom) rarely have auroras and only during night hours. Nyzul Isle may have light weather but that's a closed zone.

Fire weather only exists in small pockets across a handful of zones and as an extremely rare occurrence in Mount Zhayolm.

Every other element has at least one zone where weather is abundant.

Water - Alzadaal
    Thunder - Vunk (S)
    Wind - Grauberg
    Dark - Icelands
    Ice - Icelands
    Earth - Altepa

Can weather patterns be adjusted or trial requirements reduced/modified to reflect the fact that these two branches in TOTM require extreme grinding?
    (7)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They already said that they were working on adding more fire weather for magian trials pre earthquake. Sit down and have some patience,
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    They already said that they were working on adding more fire weather for magian trials pre earthquake. Sit down and have some patience,
    Source pls.
    (1)

Sig by Kingfury

Somethin else that got me thinking is some trials require Wamouras, looking through various sources there isnt ANY one place that has Wamouras in abundance. Mount Zhayolm has 10 maximum at any given time and those take an hour at least to respawn, and everywhere else you have very limited chances of encountering them through Nyzul, Salvage, or Assult.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    Somethin else that got me thinking is some trials require Wamouras, looking through various sources there isnt ANY one place that has Wamouras in abundance. Mount Zhayolm has 10 maximum at any given time and those take an hour at least to respawn, and everywhere else you have very limited chances of encountering them through Nyzul, Salvage, or Assult.
    Usually Wamouras refer to the Wamoura family which include the rollie pollies which aren't that rare.
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Source pls.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/search.php
    (1)

Player
    So I ask for a source and you link me to the advanced search, very clever.

Even if what you say is on these boards, it still neglects to address the issues regarding Light-oriented trials.
    (5)

Sig by Kingfury

Sky gets light a lot. I see light a lot in Delkfut and qufim too. Fire is actually quite common in Meriph (past/present), Ifrits and neighboring areas (jungles, Rancor) as well. And then there is the Dunes/Cape/Kuftal/Altep areas too.

It is just that it is SEASONAL weather. As in, summer months for fire. Forget exactly what season light shows up, but there is a short period where it shows up regularly--see it in phases when playing in sky. May be summer months for it too, not sure.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weather
    (2)
    Last edited by RAIST; 04-26-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added link to weather data--has charts for weather occurance by month
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That chart only proves how little the mentioned weather actually appears. As is, you're looking at the Vana'diel year spanning 13 some odd RL days, making the seasons themselves perhaps one or two days within that. If you can't play that day, or it's something more time restricted like Fire between noon and 4, there's not a whole lot you can do other than try to grind it out on a specific day, or what until next game year and hope you won't be busy then, either. I still think Dark is fairly scarce, too.

So really, this takes me back to my broken record requests to either expand the weather frequency or give players alternative methods to help do these trials whenever they want.
    (2)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    So really, this takes me back to my broken record requests to either expand the weather frequency or give players alternative methods to help do these trials whenever they want.
    Id imagine that people having some patience and not wanting everything NOW NOW NOW might help too.
    (5)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast