Thread: Atma?

Character
    Jonzero
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90

Atma?

What Atmas are best to use on WHM? seems most of my atmas are DD related or BLM related.
    (0)

Character
    Amarok
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I use MM, AoA and Rescuer, since the AF3 body doesn't give cure potency I need the 10% from Rescuer to reach the 50% cap. Sometimes I change rescuer for Ambition for more mp and movement speed, or RR when duoing for pop drops (misery + auspice and MMaul are fun).
    (0)

Character
    Kizaza
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Minikin is a defininate i think for any mage. After that, for me, it depends on the reason im in Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Hiroshiko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Yea... WHM atma are somewhat lacking, but there are good ones out there. It just depends on your play style. Ideally, you want to cap Cure potency at 50%. If you can get 40% potency without a Noble's or other body piece then you can equip Atma of the Rescuer or Atma of Harmony to get the last 10% and make Orison Bliaut your cure body. Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity is on all the time since it's the best Refresh atma. Other nice atmas are: Allure (nice boosts to many areas), Matriarch (mainly for fast cast), Apocalypse (Quick magic and perma-RR). There are a lot of others to choose from to fit your play style. Personally, due to my lack of selection and need for procs, I use Voracious Violet (I have to lock myself into Surya Staff +2) for Regain, Minikin, and Matriarch. It's nowhere near the best but it serves its purpose. Once I get Orison's Bliaut I'll switch one to Atma of Harmony.
    (1)

Minikin/Merciless Matriarch/Allure sub SCH. Minikin/Allure/Ambition on RDM sub. Sometimes I'll take either Allure or Ambition off for Voracious Violet.

For brewing with Cataclysm, Cosmos/Hell's Gaurdian/Ultimate.
    (0)

Character
    Amarok
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaralyn View Post
    Interesting, I've always gone the Hexa Strike route on Shinryu, never failed. Usually have about 1 min left on the brew when he's dead, so never looked at the Staff option. (thats with MM, AoA & RR since its duo with MNK/WAR that needs to find blue proc first).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    Interesting, I've always gone the Hexa Strike route on Shinryu, never failed. Usually have about 1 min left on the brew when he's dead, so never looked at the Staff option.
    I've done between 13k-25k with Cata to Dragua. Got Cata after I already had everything I wanted from Shin, but I image it's probably about the same. What are your Hexa numbers? Never tried Hexa. Just brewed everything on DNC before Cata.
    (0)

I don't have too many WHM friendly Atmas, so I use Minkin, Allure, and Ambition. This puts me at about 1900 mp inside of Abyssea and I can literally spam Cure V and VI without running out of MP.
    (0)

Player
    My usual is Allure and Minikin, the third varies. If I'm in a more risky/dangerous situation than usual, I'll use apoc. If I want more fast cast (and magic acc for enfeebs), merciless matriarch. If I want to go for more MND, atma of the undying. All of that is assuming you are capped on cure potency with gear. If you're not capped on cure potency, replace one of those atma with rescuer.

And to the one asking about Hexa strike numbers, this one can vary a lot during brew. RR/GH/SS can help a lot with hexas during brew. I usually average 6-7k with that setup, sometimes over 10k (got a 15k hexa once).
    (0)
    Last edited by Ganukay; 03-09-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaralyn View Post
    Minikin/Merciless Matriarch/Allure sub SCH. Minikin/Allure/Ambition on RDM sub. Sometimes I'll take either Allure or Ambition off for Voracious Violet.

you'll have significantly better results replacing hell's guardian with atma of the smiting blow (tp bonus +100, and better to replace hell's guardian since ultimate has MACC). there's also a lot of promising info suggesting that atma of the griffon's claw is better than a MAB atma, so for best results, go with cosmos/smiting blow/griffon's claw. the reasoning is that the more MAB you have, the less effective adding more has on your dmg. a brew gives huge MAB. cosmos and griffon's claw do straight up damage bonuses and smiting blow increases tp multiplier.

i brewed a couple pantokrators the other day, and my average cataclysm was 30k, using cosmos/smiting/ultimate (as well as pluto's staff, hecate's/moldy earrings, etc. etc.).
    (0)
    Last edited by Martinius; 03-09-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast