Good day, adventurers!
Fujito here.

As we welcome the month of April, it's the start of a new school year as well as fiscal year here in Japan. No matter where you are though, the FFXI team and I wish you the very best in whatever new challenges you may face this year, whether a promotion at work, attending a new school, or just getting started in your career. I hope this year will be a productive one and that you are able to approach each and every day with a smile on your face.

Now, I'd like to talk a bit about the April update. The development period for this month's update is roughly one week shorter than most months, so please note that the amount of content will be on the lighter side this time. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about some events and campaigns that aren't listed in the version update table.
This month's Ambuscade features Anticas and Beasts. For the Anticas, be sure to watch out for the sabotenders that are running about, and also keep track of where your fellow party members are located at all times. Meanwhile, the Beasts start off from where each monster is sleeping. They'll awaken as you progress, so remain calm and take them down in order. However, be careful with the order you defeat the monsters in, since they will inherit the abilities of the ones defeated before them. Both of these monster types have appeared before, so brush up on your strategies for dealing with them while you’re waiting for the update to drop.

Next, I'd like to talk about the Egg Hunt Egg-stravaganza seasonal event and the April campaign details.
This year's Egg Hunt features some new phrases and rewards compared to last year. In addition, we have made a few small adjustments so that the initial eggs are somewhat easier to collect. Feel free to trade eggs with other adventurers, or simply collect them on your own; the event is designed so that you can enjoy it however you like.
We are also planning other events for April, such as an Alter Ego Expo Campaign HQ. I think alter egos can be quite useful in even moderately difficult battles, so take advantage of this opportunity to go up against all of the content on offer!

In other news, I have an announcement regarding the WE ARE VANA'DIEL website.

We have now covered the history of FFXI up to the year 2023 with the recently completed Season 2 of the "Producer Sessions" series. This season shares stories, memories, and other anecdotes from the team's main members during the middle stages of FFXI's development up to the present. The entire series is available for your viewing pleasure on the WE ARE VANA'DIEL website, thereby serving as an easily accessible archive of the game's history. Since we have mostly caught up to the present day, starting in April 2024, we will be reducing the number of articles and focusing on live broadcasts that are designed to invigorate the FFXI community. In addition to Freshly Picked Vana'diel, we are planning to share various types of content to help make your life in Vana'diel even more fun and exciting. The first episode will be made available soon, so please keep an eye out for it.

Lastly, the game will be celebrating its 22nd anniversary this May! We are hard at work on a new episode of Freshly Picked Vana'diel in order to cover all of the latest in-game news and talk about what's to come for FFXI, so we hope you'll join us to celebrate this momentous occasion!

Safe journeys!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
AprilRecords of Eminence・Update monthly objectives -
Content and System-related
AprilAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters -
アイテム関連
AprilPorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items -