Player

Unlocking Weaponskills Trials

I find it difficult to unlock weaponskills like Savage Blade and Mythic Weapon skills like Atonement when you can't find another person to help you unlock the weaponskill through Skill Chains. I usually would have to solo myself or hope for my npc make a Skill Chain with me to unlock it. A SAM has a better chance at unlocking a trial by his/her self.

Its takes one person at least 250 weapon skills to unlock regular quest and 16000 weaponskills (If you have not climb floors but I have the weapon) to unlock a Mythic Weaponskill. I have RNG and COR leveled but I do not feel like wasting 250 Bullets or 16000 Bullets on a WS Trial. Is there a way to make it more possible to unlock these weaponskills more quicker alone or adjust it where a person would not do this for a long duration?
    (0)
    Last edited by Azul; 04-25-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Just some things you might want to give a try if you have the options: A lot of jobs can solo chains now with /DNC at 90 if you build steps and use reverse flourish. You could /SAM for that matter. I broke latent on my club as WHM/SAM back when we were still at 75 caps. An even more challenging thing to do is /SMN and chain off your avatar--but you need a mob it can hit consistently, so you would need to find something like crabs that barely check EP so they can take a bit of a beating while you build TP. I did this breaking staff latent on BLM back before I got SMN to 75 (was only 51 at the time).

As for grouping up to break the latent...are you doing everything in the game solo? Just seems kind of odd if you aren't getting a chance to do chains with other people under normal circumstances. Remember, you can also break latents while in level synch.

If you are having to spam WS with a ranged weapon--use the cheapest ammo you can find. Level 22 bullets run around 600-1k a stack from NPC's, and can be put into pouches for 1 carnation a pouch. The bronze/brass are easy to make if you or someone you know has alchemy around 40 and smith to at least 10, but still probly cost more to make than the ones from the NPC.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Ubasti
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 5
    I broke most of my trial weapons(H2H, club, staff, polearm, sword, dagger) and Mythic weapons(sch, mnk, pup, rdm, drg, dnc) solo,with my NPC in Kuftal Tunnel or The Boyahda Tree. I examined SC charts to find out what weapon had the greatest chance to open a level 2 for the weapon I wanted to break, gave it to my NPC, and went at it. Make sure your NPC is tuned to Fierce Attacker, and set them to tell you before they WS. I haven't done any since the 75 cap was broken, but it seems like it would only be easier now, /sam with Sekanokki and /dnc with Reverse Flourish.
    (0)