Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Is it an oversight that PLD/SCH can't Accession enlight 1 or 2?

Hello!
    I noticed that Enlight and Enlight II are spells that cannot be given to the rest of the party with Ascession via Scholar as subjob. I tested this as with my subjob at level SCH 49, and someone else tested as PLD99/SCH59 (ML50). No luck.

What gives? Would be this so bad or game-breaking?
    (0)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。
    Please do not consider my words to be malicious.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No, it was a decision. They were added specifically for Paladin to help them do their job and were not meant to be available to anyone else in any way.

Design decisions are design decisions, it doesn't have to be "game breaking" or "imba." Sometimes it's merely about identity. You have to consider the purpose for which it was created, as these spells were added very late in the game.

There are lots of things you could give to various jobs that wouldn't be "game breaking," but that doesn't mean that other jobs need or should have them.

There will be many mysteries in the game until the very end, like why Banish IV is on Light Spirit but not White Mage even though White Mage mobs have been casting it forever.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-07-2024 at 04:01 AM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Enlight is a Divine Skill magic spell not Enhancing magic. Accession only works on most Enhancing/Healing Magic spells (Still bummed about SE not applying it to haste)
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    Enlight is a Divine Skill magic spell not Enhancing magic. Accession only works on most Enhancing/Healing Magic spells (Still bummed about SE not applying it to haste)
    Yeah, I think you both might be on to someting. It feels like Divine Magic for players is still stuck in the 75-era and hasn't been brought into the item-level era. I suspect this is the case because SE probably can't give us Banish IV without inadvertently changing the potency of Divine Magic for beastmen as well.
    (0)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Yeah, I think you both might be on to someting. It feels like Divine Magic for players is still stuck in the 75-era and hasn't been brought into the item-level era. I suspect this is the case because SE probably can't give us Banish IV without inadvertently changing the potency of Divine Magic for beastmen as well.
    It kind of is, you're not wrong. But ultimately it is this fact that is the reason why accession doesn't work. (it not being enhancing magic was the design decision- it would probably work by simply being in the enhancing category)

I suspect this is the case because SE probably can't give us Banish IV without inadvertently changing the potency of Divine Magic for beastmen as well.
    Has this actually been cited as a reason? Links if so please. Because, as I noted, Light Spirit has Banish IV (and yes, pets are tehcnically treated like monsters, but the player does have access to it). and there's honestly a rather basic solution: Make an identical but seperate spell for the player. This would kinda go against the spirit of monsters and players largely playing by the same rules, but there are already other exceptions, like Meteor is totally different for the player vs monsters that have it. Heck, it's even different for player controlled monsters in Monstrosity, because using Meteor is an ability rather than a spell there....
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-08-2024 at 10:06 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It kind of is, you're not wrong. But ultimately it is this fact that is the reason why accession doesn't work. (it not being enhancing magic was the design decision- it would probably work by simply being in the enhancing category)

Has this actually been cited as a reason? Links if so please. Because, as I noted, Light Spirit has Banish IV (and yes, pets are tehcnically treated like monsters, but the player does have access to it). and there's honestly a rather basic solution: Make an identical but seperate spell for the player. This would kinda go against the spirit of monsters and players largely playing by the same rules, but there are already other exceptions, like Meteor is totally different for the player vs monsters that have it. Heck, it's even different for player controlled monsters in Monstrosity, because using Meteor is an ability rather than a spell there....
    I am merely speculating based on information that SE shared from an old emergency maintenance many years ago. When SE abolished the character racial discrepancies for stats like: HP/MP/STR/MND..etc, there was an emergency maintenance a few days later where SE admitted that this change inadvertently affected Fomors because they share the same race, as well.
    (0)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    When SE abolished the character racial discrepancies
    well, they weren't really abolished, just drastically reduced, at least as far as I recall.
    (1)