Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don’t read it as there is a lack of management skills but it’s cool to hate on the game I guess.

I’m in a different boat and don’t see the doom and gloom like you lot, but I’m also a returning player and have at least 10+ years of content to catch up on.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    I’m in a different boat and don’t see the doom and gloom like you lot, but I’m also a returning player and have at least 10+ years of content to catch up on.
    That's probably why you aren't seeing the doom and gloom.

You have to remember that most of us have done pretty much all content.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    When I think of FF14's visual and audio direction it doesn't make me think I'd like to see them try to remake FF11. FF11's visual style and ambient, subdued approach to the audio side of things are some of its biggest strengths, whereas FF14 is a cluttered mess with no real artistic style (imagine if that game looked like its promotional art, I might still be playing it!) and obnoxious, in-your-face background music with nothing "background" about it. I don't think I want to see SE making a new MMO either given their recent offerings.

I think them working on refining the software/hardware for the game in its current state is great, and I hope it results in the game surviving for a long time to come. It's probably too much to hope for but part of me also hopes one day one of these backend improvements will contribute to solving the botting problem, though I don't know how much of the current state of bots going unbanned is actually "can't" versus "won't, because they give us money." Then again it seems like in general SE has a pretty low level of respect for their older games unless they can make a quick buck off re-releasing them with ugly, tasteless graphical "enhancements" and phone UI for the nth time. Part of me would also like to believe that if XI managed to attract new players and more $$$ that SE would reinvest into it but... look at FF14: even with how much money that game made/makes them it should be clear to anybody looking at the game even slightly critically that barely a fraction of that income goes back into the game's development.

This company really bugs me. It's like they always have to chase the newest shiniest thing while consistently under-delivering and failing to pay attention to where their real success have come from.
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by chief_bigman View Post
    When I think of FF14's visual and audio direction it doesn't make me think I'd like to see them try to remake FF11. FF11's visual style and ambient, subdued approach to the audio side of things are some of its biggest strengths, whereas FF14 is a cluttered mess with no real artistic style (imagine if that game looked like its promotional art, I might still be playing it!) and obnoxious, in-your-face background music with nothing "background" about it. I don't think I want to see SE making a new MMO either given their recent offerings.
    Agreed, and I definitely liked the FFXIV 1.0 music better than the ARR one, and not just because it was Uematsu making it.

As a sidey-note, if you ever watch(ed) Guin Saga, you might('ve) hear(d) some similarities between the two (1.0 and it, that is). ^^
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Agreed, and I definitely liked the FFXIV 1.0 music better than the ARR one, and not just because it was Uematsu making it.

As a sidey-note, if you ever watch(ed) Guin Saga, you might('ve) hear(d) some similarities between the two (1.0 and it, that is). ^^
    I've never heard of it, but I might check it out.

Same here, also. Most of my favorite tracks in 14 were all from 1.0, I later found out. The theme that plays in the Shroud (or whatever the zone outside Gridania was called) was probably my favorite of the bunch, reminded me a lot of both FFXI and of .hack//IMOQ
    (1)

Character
    Annanda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 45
    Yoshi P. has said multiple times that he plans for 14 to go on "at least another 10 years". With 14 at the height of its success and continually growing, even after the first decade, I would be very surprised if there was another MMO in the next 2 years. That being said, I would love there to be new content for XI since other games of similar age do still get regular updates and even xpacs. However, I am a realist at heart and can see that SE isn't intersted it spending too much on XI despite it having a stable playerbase. Even the playerbase growth seen in the last part of 2023 isn't enough of an incentive to keep producing significant content updates. I doubt the game is going anywhere anytime soon since SE like to make a point that all the mainline FF games are playable. I did find it the mention of archiving XI and related things to be interesting as a means of preserving it but maybe that means there will be some sort of offline version or something? Who knows but I do look forward to spending much more time here and meeting lots more new and friendly faces.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For the record, most if not all of that music is still in the game. what ARR itself added is kinda meh, but all of the expansions offer some really awesome music. FFXIV actually set a world record for most original music in a video game.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Everquest expansions are small like tvr but with a zone or 2 we dont even get a zone lol
    (0)

Player
    TVR might not getting an actual zone. While it does uses existing zones, imo TVR story kinda grand by itself, & personally kinda satisfied on how it delivers. Just recently finished it & boy... it is deep!

Being TVR just finished very recently, think it would be too soon to ask for more content, but that's just me. There's still those prime weapon grinds if you like, since it will requires a total amount of 8.5 million gallies just for a weapon, that is a very long term grind to do, ofc if one does care about it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    technically TVR did add (or at least unlock) a new zone in the Silver Knife. Granted its just a room, but it wasn't accessible til TVR.

Was this area already in the data files since Audolin and just never used? or was it not in the game until they added it?
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast