Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Dark Knight and Magic

[SIZE="5"]DARK KNIGHT, THE MAGICALLY PERPLEXED[/SIZE]

Dear SE and whoever had the foresight to give us Nether Void,
    Please find it in your heart to do the right thing again, unless you were fired. . . . which would not surprise many of us.

First I'd like to start with the following statement:
    If A Blue Mage scrub can instant cast Quadratic Continuum for 2000+ damage fresh off the Abyssea leech wagon, every 24 seconds. . .
    Is it so much to ask that Drain II has a 75 second recast?
    That our Dark Magic be given faster casting speed?
    Or that the potency of a Dark Knight's ability to absorb HP/MP is boosted?

Please, I beg you to consider the above.

PART 1, What Thoughtless Frivolities:

RDM has an Enfeebling Magic rating of A+
    Dark Knight has an Enfeebling Magic rating of C.
    - You don't see DRK having any cool stuff like: Poison III or Sleep III or Bind II, so I guess thats why nobody complains, and rightly so.

Dark Knight has a Dark Magic rating of A-. (Why is this not A+?)
    RDM has a Dark Magic rating of E.

-RDM has a higher tier Dark Magic spell than Dark Knight.
    -Give Dark Knight Bio III. Why does RDM have this and DRK does not (by now)? <--- Seriously, come on.

One could say "Oh because its a meritable ability." Well thats super, keep it a merit ability and give it to us nativley. If an RDM wishes for a spell for a rank E skill level let them merit it. Look at the merit options for DRK, I harbor no pity:

Dark Seal - Lol.
    Diabolic Eye - Haha.
    Muted Soul - I'm looking at things like fealty and getting the urge to punch a hole in a wall.
    Desperate Blows - Well jeeze since the other three sucked so hard I'm glad this one doesn't. But lets be real, it sucked for years, and years, and years and years, and years. . . and it recently just got amazing.

Dark Knight has an Elemental Magic rating of B+.
    RDM has an Elemental Magic rating of C+.
    -Our cap is second only to Black Mages who should be the undisputed masters of pure Elemental damage, and who also posses the highest tier Magical spells.

Why does RDM have Tier IV's and DRK does not, this makes no sense at all. It is almost, but not quite as confusing as the whole Bio III fiasco.

PART 2 SOLUTION:

If you have the intention to make casting magic worthwhile:

1. Give Dark Knight Tier 4 Elemental Magic. <-- MOTHER OF GOD PLEASE, EASIEST FIX, BEST FOR LAZY PROGRAMMERS.

2. Dark Magic spells - mainly Drain II - need to have their recast timers reduced, and Dark Knight needs to be given job traits to reduce the casting speed and increase the potency of Dark Magic spells to make them effective in combat. <--- YES THIS IS ALSO SIMPLE, REQUIRES NO IMAGINATION AND WOULD BE QUICK AND PAINLESS

3. Invert the skill caps and give us B+ Enfeebling Magic, and C Elemental Magic, and give Dark Knight new exclusive enfeebling spells. This would make the caps seem grounded.

-----I can see the option to switch the caps and give Dark Knight new 'dark' enfeebling magic.

-----Or to keep the caps as they are and bolster our Dark Magic list with enfeebling type spells.
    (Because as we've seen with Bio III there's a really weird gap in logic floating around.)

4. Give Dark Knight an A+ rating in Dark Magic.
    (3)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-25-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    With the recent update DRKs main source of DMG will and is melee dmg

At most the magic is ment to augment this.

Now to address some of ur points.

Dark magic A- vs A+ why is this even an issue with a- merits and good gear u shouldn't have any problems with resists it's not a issue.

Merit 2 area

Dark seal is useful for some stuff (drain II before a zerg) but not worrth having more than 1 merit in it if at all
    Diabolic eye in the day it allowed DRKs to wear more offensive gear and so had a use but now it's not worth it but still isn't that lol
    Muted soul honestly -50 enmity for 1 min is so useful espically as when this is up ur consuming ur own hp so taking hate will reduce SE effectivness and may kill you either way imo Muted soul is very useful and i wouldn't trade it for anything balanced.
    Desperate blows - it never suxed this was the one thing u should have at least 3/5 so u could cap ja haste for 30 secs.

Wanting t4 spells.....
    a) DRK doesn't have that much mp
    b) we can't use staffs without losing our tp
    c) w/e DMG u do with this ur gonna lose more with melee time lost.
    Anyway this idea is dumb.

Drain II ok a lower recast is nice idea but Drain 1 recast is low enough anyway th a good amount of haste/fastcast u should have a drain up enough of the time for it to be fine anyway this isn't a problem with DRK (i'd rather have drain III than Drain II on a lower recast)

And finally DRK having some more enfeebling type spells i can agree with this and this is definitely a good idea imo since this could work well with our melee.

anyway summary is DRK getting more enfeebling spells = great idea. The rest of ya post is kinda off

Sleep III,Posion III,Bind II = Nahh.

Break = YES
    Sap (aka DoT on mob and Regen on DRK) = YES
    Terror = Maybe is scaled correctly.
    With Bio III i agree DRK should have it but because it's a RDM merit i feel we shouldn't get it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-25-2011 at 01:00 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    With the recent update DRKs main source of DMG will and is melee dmg

At most the magic is ment to augment this.

Now to address some of ur points.

Dark magic A- vs A+ why is this even an issue with a- merits and good gear u shouldn't have any problems with resists it's not a issue.

Merit 2 area

Dark seal is useful for some stuff (drain II before a zerg) but not worrth having more than 1 merit in it if at all
    Diabolic eye in the day it allowed DRKs to wear more offensive gear and so had a use but now it's not worth it but still isn't that lol
    Muted soul honestly -50 enmity for 1 min is so useful espically as when this is up ur consuming ur own hp so taking hate will reduce SE effectivness and may kill you either way imo Muted soul is very useful and i wouldn't trade it for anything balanced.
    Desperate blows - it never suxed this was the one thing u should have at least 3/5 so u could cap ja haste for 30 secs.

Wanting t4 spells.....
    a) DRK doesn't have that much mp
    b) we can't use staffs without losing our tp
    c) w/e DMG u do with this ur gonna lose more with melee time lost.
    Any this idea is dumb.

Drain II ok a lower recast is nice idea but Drain 1 recast is low enough anyway th a good amount of haste/fastcast u should have a drain up enough of the time for it to be fine anyway this isn't a problem with DRK (i'd rather have drain III than Drain II on a lower recast)

And finally DRK having some more enfeebling type spells i can agree with this and this is definitely a good idea imo since this could work well with our melee.

anyway summary is DRK getting more enfeebling spells = great idea. The rest of ya post is kinda off

Sleep III,Posion III,Bind II = Nahh.

Break = YES
    Sap (aka DoT on mob and Regen on DRK) = YES
    Terror = Maybe is scaled correctly.
    So you don't want Dark Knight to have A+ Dark Magic? Because there's gear etc to boost it?
    Thats cool, I think it would be nice to have A+ cap AND have gear to boost it.

So you agree that Dark Seal has limited use and is not even worth putting more than one merit in, cool.

If one has to use Diabolic Eye, they have a bunch of things they need to fix especially with Absorb-Acc being there. Its a piece of shit, always was.

-Enmity, don't we already have a category for this. This is the BEST thing SE could come up with?

Desperate Blows was limited by the suck duration.

DRK has:

A: That much mp.

B: The third highest INT in the game.

C: Access to an incredible assortment of MAB+ gear (the best in the game actually), and INT gear.

D: If you think that DRK can't do good damage with a Tier IV nuke then you are ignorant to the capacity of your job.

E: One could easily get 20% (This is low-balling with AF3+2 boots) TP from one Tier IV and if they aren't a total retard do about (outside Abyssea) 1500~ damage.

F: There are times when magic damage is preferable, wouldn't it be nice to be able to have that option?

RDM can suck it up, they could always merit other cool useful spells in their Tier II.

The Sleep III, Bind II, Poison III thing was a comparison of the lack of logic being used in SE throwing spells around. It seems like your comprehension of my post is a little off, try again.
    (1)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-25-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Base DMG for Thunder IV is 548 with INT ur looking at like 650-700 lets just say 700 to benifit T4 a bit.

U will need 114 MAB to do 1500 DMG ..... so w/e
    Btw i'm being benfical ALOT to DRK here if ya INT is equal to the mob then u'd need near 200 mab in gear...
    point is don't just throw a number when you don't understand magic.

SCH has better MAB gear in game and i don't know what BLM has access to anymore but i'm sure it'll beat w/e DRk could put together.

Not to mention it take 8 secs to cast in that time i will of gotten 3-4 hits off at about 200-300 each and prolly gained enough tp for a 2k WS.

And DRK has no mp recovery.

I can also guess ur about to bring out we could sub RDM..... we're just getting to the point where you should lvl SCH or BLM if ya want to nuke DRK is a melee job.
    (1)
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Absorb-INT says hello in addition to many many pieces of +INT gear (Twilight/Icesoul/AF3 Boots . . . )

SCH has better MAB gear than BLM? ...Wat? I guess but I find this hard to believe.

8 Second cast time is hardly actually 8 seconds, do you not have a single piece of fast cast gear? Or a fast cast set?

Are you even a career DRK? Do you have the add-on pieces slotted with 5% fast cast for your spells? I certainly hope so.

Its always nice to have options, because options mean utility. Am I sitting here telling you to go out and chain cast Tier IV nukes and not swing your weapon? I don't think so.

Why shouldn't DRK have flexibility in the ways it can deal damage? It would only serve to give the class another role it could fulfill in certain situations.

Gear: DRK AF3 Boots, Twilight Cloak +15mab, or Twlight Armor/Helm for +25 INT, Hecate's, Moldavite, Novio, Relic body, MAB+ rings from Tahrongi [A] etc.

MP Recovery: Aspir1, Aspir2, Meds, Twilight Armor, Bale Choker, Refresh Hairpin, Refresh II from RDM - sounds about like what everyone else has.

As far as subbing RDM:

What about Solo, Duo?

Why is every argument against or for DRK when I am surrounded by fourty-fucking people? Why do I have to depend on other jobs to provide elements for my job and why is DRK expected to basically be everyone's bitch, where it only brings what other people want and 'need'.

I want to go Solo shit DRK/RDM, I think if I had some Tier IV nukes it might make for a nice time.

I don't care if a WHM can give me haste, I might want to sub WHM haste myself and go Torcleaver the piss out of things, after I kite/bind/Tier IV nuke them for TP.

Would it really be so bad with 3 minute 25% balls to the wall JA haste? Because the only really cool thing that came from /SAM was Hasso and Sekkanoki.

60% from Meditate is sort of a joke when you're lugging a 250~ delay 2hander around. 60$ Meditate seems to not really matter anymore with that kind of TP gain.

Now that Hasso is kind of worthless, if you could speed cast a nuke in there that did 1000+ damage and gave you 26% TP return, how is that bad? ? ?

What about instant cast Atma of Apocalypse procs? While you can't count on these as a DRK you should be full timing this atma, so it would form some minimal synergy with that.

And how is having the option of nuking a problem anyway? Maybe I won't cast a single nuke during my melee phases, but how could DRK getting spells it seems to be designed for be a bad thing?

You Melee on WHM but you can't grasp the DRK using Elemental magic when all the cards line up?

Maybe it won't be integral to our damage dealing in a party, but honestly whats the harm?

If DRK can't use it to melee or MOAR DEEPS. We shouldn't have it? What? Why?

By that logic RDM shouldn't have sword skill, and your WHM sure as hell should not be able to Melee, at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-25-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've decided to explain in detail why you missed the point with Teir IV spells or any magic damaging spells.

DRK vs BLU

The DRK vs BLU agument is really bad

BLU need Magic to be functional without magic BLU is the worst job in the game because the main aspect of the job is it's magic.

DRK without magic is pretty close to a DRK with magic because with DRK the main aspect of the job is it's melee.

If you can't see why BLUs magic needs to be better than DRK in magic then forget it just click ignore on me and don't read the rest of this.

DRK should never be about nuking

If SE go down the route of making DRK a more of a mage type job a massive overaul needs to be done.

For example if we became competent magic DDs then SE would have to make DRG SAM MNK WAR more powerful than us in melee because as we get magic buffs they'll get melee buff. This one thing i don't want.

Also the people that play DRK already play DRK as a melee that uses magic to augment it's melee you are asking for something that is job changing as getting DRKs to nuke with elemental magic do you not see it doesn't even fit what DRK is or was in the past.

I mean by the way you see drain as a DMGing spell i see it has a hp recover spell to keep me alive and hance allow me to keep meleeing.

The point nukes have never been a part of DRK and never should be because it changes the job too much and would prolly come at a cost.

Not to mention the stuff i pointed out in the previous post of the large mp cost, casting time and DRKs lack of gear to back the DMG up.

DRKs Magic is really good as it is and we should get more of it.

Drain I/II = Keeps you alive is very handy solo or lowman or if a mage is struggling to keep up
    Drains could be impoved by allowing MAB to increase there DMG and aka Hp recover.

Aspir I/II = Really good if the mob has mp
    the only pro with this is not all mobs have mp

Stun = As spells go this is one of the best in the game stunning magic and tp moves is one of the reasons DRKs can be an asset to have over other DDs.

Absorb tp = Tp = WS = Good plus ur delaying the mobs next tp move = Super win

Dread spikes = Semi useful but we all use it it could use some tweaking but it works ^^

Endark = +50-60 attack and some dmg from melee this is a amazing spell.

Honestly these 8 spells are amazing and work really well with DRK if SE needs to learn anything about what DRKs magic should be it's from these.

I would like to see Break on DRK this fits the job really well outside that i have no clue maybe a Drain III or a Terror spell

Edit : What u talking about Melee WHM and RDM ?? there melee is ok it's not game breaking cause every real melee Job decimates them lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-25-2011 at 03:41 AM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've decided to explain in detail why you missed the point with Teir IV spells or any magic damaging spells.

DRK vs BLU

The DRK vs BLU agument is really bad

BLU need Magic to be functional without magic BLU is the worst job in the game because the main aspect of the job is it's magic.

DRK without magic is pretty close to a DRK with magic because with DRK the main aspect of the job is it's melee.

If you can't see why BLUs magic needs to be better than DRK in magic then forget it just click ignore on me and don't read the rest of this.

DRK should never be about nuking

If SE go down the route of making DRK a more of a mage type job a massive overaul needs to be done.

For example if we became competent magic DDs then SE would have to make DRG SAM MNK WAR more powerful than us in melee because as we get magic buffs they'll get melee buff. This one thing i don't want.

Also the people that play DRK already play DRK as a melee that uses magic to augment it's melee you are asking for something that is job changing as getting DRKs to nuke with elemental magic do you not see it doesn't even fit what DRK is or was in the past.

I mean by the way you see drain as a DMGing spell i see it has a hp recover spell to keep me alive and hance allow me to keep meleeing.

The point nukes have never been a part of DRK and never should be because it changes the job too much and would prolly come at a cost.

Not to mention the stuff i pointed out in the previous post of the large mp cost, casting time and DRKs lack of gear to back the DMG up.

DRKs Magic is really good as it is and we should get more of it.

Drain I/II = Keeps you alive is very handy solo or lowman or if a mage is struggling to keep up
    Drains could be impoved by allowing MAB to increase there DMG and aka Hp recover.

Aspir I/II = Really good if the mob has mp
    the only pro with this is not all mobs have mp

Stun = As spells go this is one of the best in the game stunning magic and tp moves is one of the reasons DRKs can be an asset to have over other DDs.

Absorb tp = Tp = WS = Good plus ur delaying the mobs next tp move = Super win

Dread spikes = Semi useful but we all use it it could use some tweaking but it works ^^

Endark = +50-60 attack and some dmg from melee this is a amazing spell.

Honestly these 8 spells are amazing and work really well with DRK if SE needs to learn anything about what DRKs magic should be it's from these.

I would like to see Break on DRK this fits the job really well outside that i have no clue maybe a Drain III or a Terror spell
    The idea behind this is that it would be nice for DRK to have the option of throwing a Tier IV Magic nuke because we have the:

Gear.
    Stats.
    Skill.

You should really look at the fast cast arguments and the plethora of gear that incinerate your arguments about casting speed and being unable to land spells.

Does your MP pool suck or something? I don't really get why every subpar DRK comes in here whining about an MP pool thats bigger than PLD.

And stun? Its about half an inch from being an absolute joke. Stun needs a rework too, and last a longer duration and not wear before I finish my casting animation.

The idea is that why do we have such high Elemental Magic and nothing to show for it, and if so why don't they change our caps around. If we are supposed to be ALL ABOUT DARK MAGIC. Why isn't it an A+ cap? Why do we not have break already?

I'll say it again, by your logic. Your WHM should have zero club skill because why the shit are you meleeing on it when you could be making yourself useful curing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-25-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How will u recover the mp used?

where did I talk about not landing spells lol?

Nin doesn't have a+ katanas why is it even a issue with DRK

Do pple go o sorry DRK sux cause of A- Dark magic skill.

We have A+ Scythe thats our main skill
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-27-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

where did a talk about not landing spells lol?
    Jesus Christ do you read?

Its also a good thing you can't present yourself in a coherent manner, god forbid any game dev take you seriously.

I have nothing to worry about, everything is in the clear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-25-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

where did a talk about not landing spells lol?

Nin doesn't have a+ katanas why is it even a issue with DRK

Do pple go o sorry DRK sux cause of A- Dark magic skill.

We have A+ Scythe thats our main skill

I think Ninja should have A+ Katana too.

DRK should have A+ greatsword as well.

Alot of jobs should have their caps increased,

I dunno have you seen Redemption, and then looked at Caladbolg? I think its safe to say Scythe isn't our main anything.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast