Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoha View Post
    I realize Zeid could do that, I'm not really poking fun of the OP or anything really (I'm sorry if it came out wrong).

Only couple of Dark Knights comes to mind when they could summon something like shadows, Zeid being one of them.
    Other career Dark Knights in the FF universe couldn't though, to quote Cecil or Gafgarion for example.
    I didn't take offense, no worries. At least your criticisim was intelligent and thought out. Unlike "go level war" lulz.

Your comparison to other drks in the ff universe is exactly the problem, there is none. DRKs from a game like FF:Tactics can be some of the most deadly units in the game. Either the dev team doesn't know what they are doing, , or drk doesn't translate well to an mmo.

Let's look at our job defining ability Souleater and compare it to a few other versions.

FFIII (DS version) - Damages all enemies at the cost of 20% HP.

Damage inflicted = weapon atk x 5 +job level x10 + current hp x 0.9

FFIV - In the DS Version, damages a single enemy at the cost of 10% HP. Attack power doubles and is considered a status that lasts 3 turns. Attacks are also considered dark element. The damage formula for Dark Wave in non-DS versions are as follows.

Damage = Attack multiplier * Attack Power * 1/2
    Damage = Damage + ((Damage * random(100,150)/100) % 256)
    HP loss = Current HP * 1/8

FFVIII - Damage will be tripled and the user will take damage equal to 1/10th of their max HP.

FFXI - Adds 10% (Or 12% with gear) of the player's HP to their next physical attack.

As you can see, as far as I'm aware, FFXI souleater is the ONLY one that bases your damage entirely on amount of HP you have. Bad idea if you ask me.
    (0)

Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    I posted some of my ideas here. I'm tired of having all those spells and not having a decent use for them.

I'd like to see Bonecrusher added to our job abilities. It's from Final Fantasy XII's international version, on the Uhlan's license board (an Uhlan is basically a dark knight with a polearm). You sacrifice some of your HP to instantly kill an enemy.
    (0)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Yes, indeed Neolionheart (almost typed Neonlionheart lawlzy), DRK wasn't a job very present in a lot of FF.
    It's a bit of a "maybe we'll include in this game maybe not". It's a bit generic on what it can do because different FF had different ideas for DRK (only one thing in common: Sacrifice <insert something here> to buff <insert startus here>).

Maybe that's kind of why I like FFXI in the end.
    Corsair is a new job in the FF universe I think. There are based-in-RL-luck jobs like lolLady Luck in FFX-2.. but the whole idea of Corsair was a very nice add.

I do think that the FFXI's Dark Knight is a very unique DRK, and essentially a very well built (in paper) job too. Maybe poorly executed, but well built.
    I guess that's kind of why I really want to see updates and tweaks. It's a shame to just kick the "fuck it" button to this job.
    (0)

I actually really like a lot of those suggestions. The bat thing is a bit much, but the two stances sound like they could be implemented very well. I also like the idea of getting access to more enfeebles through our (currently) useless elemental magic.
    (0)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thank you. Specify which ones please so it can possibly be added to the main suggestion thread.
    (0)

Well, here's an hour that I'll never get back! I went through the whole list and gave my opinions about each part. If I omitted something it's because I didn't think it would fit well.

01 Doppelganger - Summons forth a shadow of the Dark Knight's darkened soul. Duration 1 min 30 seconds. Recast: 120 min.
    [This would just be a shadow NPC named Darkened Soul (Player) that is equal to the player's current level.]

30 Blood Weapon - A portion of each of the user's attacks drains HP from the enemy. Duration 30 seconds. Recast: 5 min.
    [This is just a 30 second, very powerful personal Drain Samba intended to stack with Souleater to make it more usable. Perhaps it would drain 10% of the attack.]

15 Last Resort - Increases user's attack while lowering defense.
    Recast: 5 min. Duration 1 min 20 seconds.
    [I don't think the defense penalty should be removed. I do think the duration should be extended though.]

================================================================
    55 Insidiousness - Reduces an enemy's attack speed and casting speed while in front of the target. Spell interruption rate is greatly reduced. Grants the user a Refresh effect. Max HP is reduced.
    Also grants access to Darkness: Submit. Recast: 2 min. Duration 5 min.
    [This is a team survival and defense-oriented stance. It slows the enemy's actions, gives you access to the support-type Darkness spells, and grants a 3-4 MP/tic Refresh for the casting and support focus.]

70 Malevolence - Increases Critical Hit Rate, Weapon Skill Damage, and TP generation while striking the target from behind. Max MP is reduced.
    Also grants access to Darkness: Channel. Recast: 2 min. Duration 5 min.
    [This is a melee and offense-oriented stance. The Dark Knight becomes more malevolent; scoring more critical hits, producing impressive spike damage (this is where we should be able to call ourselves a top-tier DD. In this stance, a Dark Knight should be able to spike the highest of any melee DD), and using weapon skills more frequently. Instead of messing with casting, toss in a 2-3 TP/tic regain.]
    ================================================================
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    55 Darkness: Submit - Displays abilities and spells available when using Insidiousness.

Job Abilities
    Level Name

55 Elemental Aftermath - Enhances your next Elemental Magic spell to inflict a negative status based on its elemental properties. Status effect potency is increased based spell potency. Recast: 1 min 45 seconds. Duration 30 seconds.
    [EX: Blizzard = Weak Paralyze Effect / Blizzard II = Moderate Paralyze Effect / Blizzard III = Strong Paralyze Effect. -Like it]

76 Impose - Drains the Dark Knight's TP while occasionally striking the enemy with fear. Recast: 5 min. Duration 2 min 30 seconds.
    [Drains TP at something low like 1-2 TP/tic and may occasionally strike the enemy with a fear effect (terrorize) that scales steeply with level check. At level 76 this may last 4-5 seconds on a rabbit in W.Ron, 1-2 seconds on an EM-IT, and a split second on tougher foes. If all TP is consumed the ability remains in effect, but fear can only proc when TP is consumed.]

+ [Give us access to a few more support spells under this ability. Blind comes to mind. This would also be a good way to maintain balance with DRK's casting abilities: Break may only be made available in this mode. Same with Dread Spikes.]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    70 Darkness: Channel - Displays abilities and spells available when using Malevolence.

Job Abilities
    Level Name

70 Deathblow - Guarantees a critical hit on your next weaponskill. Recast: 3 min. Duration 1 minute.

+ [As with the other stance, things may be readjusted for balance. Endark may be restricted to this mode, for example. Perhaps Abs-TP could be restored to its original power and placed here.]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 Abyssal Strike - Delivers a ranged attack to the target. Additional effect: stun. Recast: 2 min 30 seconds. Duration Instant.
    [A Dark Knight "Chi Blast" that does crap damage but provides a moving ranged attack and stun. We've needed another stun to fit into our role (if we even have one now).]

Job Traits
    Level Name

50 Magic Attack Bonus I - Grants a bonus of 10 magic attack.

85 Terrorist - Grants a chance to intimidate an aggressive enemy into skipping an attack when current HP is less than 25%.

80 Magic Attack Bonus II - Grants an additional bonus of 10 magic attack.

Combat Skills:
    Great Sword A
    Parrying C-
    [I'd leave the rest of our skills alone.]

Spell List
    Level Name

70 Endark [Could be restricted to offensive stance.]

80 Bleed - Gradually steals an enemies HP. Spell element: Dark. Spell cost: 34 MP. Recast: 2 min 30 seconds. Duration 1 min 15 seconds.

85 Restitution - Transfer a detrimental magical effect to target enemy. Spell element: Dark. Spell cost: 36 MP. Recast: 2 min

75 Bio III

95 Break [Yeah I think we're already getting this. Like I said further up, though- this could fit well in a specific spell list. Especially if it means the difference between being useless or actually situationally effective.]
    (0)
    Last edited by Selzak; 03-10-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Good work, thats alot of information to take in. Hope they consider a few of these.
    (0)

Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    I remember reading about a job ability to inflict Terror, and I liked that idea. My suggestion was Bonecrusher (sacrifice HP to kill an enemy instantly), which I posted on another thread. It makes sense, since we're dark knights, to get a job ability like this, especially when summoners got Odin.
    (0)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2