Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Another cry for help thread, but with a lot of junk to read!

Wow, SE has official forums now. And they get to hear all my suggestions for DRK.

Over the course of.....let's say a long period of time, I came up with some ideas for DRK that I think people might like. If not, they can discuss it I suppose. I mostly drew inspiration from other "Black Knight" type classes from other games and npc's from FFXI such as Zeid and Shadowlord.

I just cancelled my account recently and it will stay that way until DRK gets the niche and respect that it deserves. Go easy on me plz, I tried my best to keep things balanced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFXI Dark Knight Re-Imagining By Leondimas (Lakshmi Server)

Final Fantasy XI Advanced Job Overview - Dark Knight (DRK)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available after completing the Quest: Blade of Darkness. Dark Knights (DRK) are powerful damage dealers who have the capability to further their damage by using select Black Magic spells.

Job Abilities
    Level Name

01 Blood Weapon - Causes all attacks to drain enemy's HP. Duration is increased to 45 seconds and 15% magical haste is granted.

15 Last Resort - Increases user's attack. Defense is not lowered and duration is extended to 1 minute.

20 Weapon Bash - Delivers an attack that can stun the target. Damage from attack increases in correlation to users level, STR, and weapon DMG.

40 Insidiousness: Reduces an enemy's attack speed, casting speed, and Magic defense when in front of target. Also grants access to Darkness: Submit. Effect scales at certain intervals as player levels up. Recast: 1 min. Duration: 10 min.
    Original interpretation credit to Zicdeh from FFXIAH.com. Revisions by Leondimas.*

50 Call Bat Familiar - Calls a Giant Bat to fight by your side. Inflicts Drain Daze on current target. Uses all Giant Bat TP attacks. Recast: 20 min. Bat Familiar gains effects/job traits when traded vials of blood. Two trades per summon. E.g. Vial of Beastman Blood = Double Attack Trait.

60 Malevolence: Increases Critical Hit Rate, Weapon Skill Damage, and reduces casting and recast time of Dark Magic spells by 50% when striking target from behind. Also grants access to Darkness: Channel. Effect scales at certain intervals as player levels up. Recast: 1 min. Duration: 10 min. *Original interpretation credit to Zicdeh from FFXIAH.com. Revisions by Leondimas.*

85 Abyssal Strike - Delivers a ranged attack to target enemy. Additional effect: stun. Ranged weapon required. Recast: 1 min. Duration: 1 min. Instant.

40 Darkness: Submit - Displays abilities and spells available when using Insidiousness.

Job Abilities
    Level Name

40 Elemental Aftermath - Enhances your next Elemental Magic spell to inflict a negative status based on its elemental properties. Potency is increased based on level of tier. Duration: 1 min. Recast: 5 min.

E.g. Blizzard = Weak Paralyze Effect / Blizzard II = Moderate Paralyze Effect / Blizzard III = Strong Paralyze Effect.

Earth: Slow Water: Poison Aero: Silence Fire: Plague Blizzard: Paralyze Thunder: Stun

75 Doppelganger - Calls a shadow of your own self. Shadow engages/disengages current enemy in reponse to players actions. Shares the Dark Knight's stats. Is affected by equipment haste.
    Is not affected by job abilities/friendly magic/bard songs/corsair rolls/atma. Duration: 1 min or until
    shadow takes damage. Recast: 15 min.

Spell List
    Level Name

52 Terra Absorption - Player Physical DMG taken- / Target Physical damage taken+. Spell element: Earth. Spell cost: 45 MP

58 Torrent Absorption - Player Magic Def. Bns.+ / Target Magic Def. Down. Spell element: Water. Spell cost: 45 MP

70 Cyclone Absorption - Player Movement speed+/ Target Weight effect. Spell element: Wind. Spell cost: 45 MP

60 Darkness: Channel - Displays abilities and spells available when using Malevolence.

Job Abilities
    Level Name

60 Deathblow - Deals critical damage on your next weaponskill. Duration: 1 min. Recast: 3 min.

80 Blood Magic - Causes your next Elemental Magic spell to drain enemy's HP. Effective on Undead. Duration: 1 min. Recast: 3 min.

Spell List
    Level Name

64 Plasma Absorption - Player Increases attack speed / Target Reduces attack speed. Spell element: Lightning. Spell cost: 45 MP

76 Glacier Absorption - Player Magic Atk. Bns.+ / Target Magic Atk. Down. Spell element: Ice. Spell cost: 45 MP

82 Inferno Absorption - Player Physical DMG+ / Target Physical DMG-. Spell element: Fire. Spell cost: 45 MP

Job Traits
    Level Name
    35 Magic Accuracy Bonus I - Grants a bonus of 10 magic accuracy.

55 Vicious Resolve - Grants a chance to intimidate aggressive enemy into skipping an attack
    when current HP < 25%. Effect becomes nullified once HP recovers back to a certain level.

72 Magic Accuracy Bonus II - Grants an additional bonus of 10 magic accuracy.

99 Weapon Mastery - Melee attacks occur during spellcasting when engaged to an enemy.

Group 2 Merits
    Level Name

Merit Desperate Blows - Delay reduction applies to one-handed and two-handed weapons.

Combat Skill Ratings
    Scythe A+
    Great sword A-
    Axe B+
    Great Axe B-
    Sword B+
    Dagger C
    Club C-
    Marksmanship C
    Evasion C
    Shield B+
    Parrying C-

Spell List
    Level Name
    25 Endark (We get this spell way too late in the game)

50 Bleed - Gradually steals an enemies HP. Spell element: Dark. Spell cost: 28 MP. Recast: 1 min.

58 Restitution - Transfer a detrimental magical effect to target enemy. Spell element: Dark. Spell cost: 36 MP. Recast: 2 min

70 Dispel

75 Bio III

95 Break (DRK is supposed to get this next update actually)
    (0)
    Last edited by NeoLionheart; 03-10-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Cleaned things up a bit. I just copy pasted from wordpad earlier. :p

Character
    Gamiina
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    we have an ongoing discussion about this in the thread "Unlike Cecil I'll forever be a Dark Knight~!"

However I really Love this idea: "Weapon Mastery - Melee attacks occur during spellcasting when engaged to an enemy"

and i really hate this one: "Call Bat Familiar - Calls a Giant Bat to fight by your side."
    (0)

@90: Drk/War/Sam/Dnc/Thf/Nin/Rng/Rdm/Blm/Whm/Brd

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamiina View Post
    we have an ongoing discussion about this in the thread "Unlike Cecil I'll forever be a Dark Knight~!"

However I really Love this idea: "Weapon Mastery - Melee attacks occur during spellcasting when engaged to an enemy"

and i really hate this one: "Call Bat Familiar - Calls a Giant Bat to fight by your side."
    Thank you for the input. Honestly the bat idea came from the silly job emote. I also noticed that dark knight type classes typically summon minions, usually bats, zombies, skeletons, etc. My blood idea came from the tons of different vials of blood that are in the game, wanted to put them to use. Thought it fit with the job description too.
    (0)

omg man up and lvl war.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by SP1CE View Post
    omg man up and lvl war.
    OH NOES! QQ!

On a more serious note, we really shouldn't be summoning -anything-. Shadows, pets, whatever, we shouldn't.
    The focus on DRK is cast dark magic and slay enemies pretty much.

By having pets of some sort we'll be a ghetto DRG, and that's not how it works whatsoever.
    (0)

Some good and/or interesting ideas here .. But let's face it, it's not happening, any of that.

Watch SE laugh at us and nerf the job even more .. "Torcleaver was overpowered, we decided to adjust the damage" or something like that XD
    (0)
    Come at the king ? You best not miss

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Cleaned up my original post a bit for the suggestion thread.
    (0)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoha View Post
    On a more serious note, we really shouldn't be summoning -anything-. Shadows, pets, whatever, we shouldn't.
    I can see why you're so against the pet idea, thought for a long while on that one myself. However, it was not my intention to transform drk into a ghetto drg. A lot of my ideas were based around the drk job concept "support your party through weakening the enemy while beating the crap out of it". You could change the bat into a evil weapon or something. At least it would fit with the job quest. I just thought a bat would be awesome. Now for the shadow summoning part, the effect is short and no where close to a wyvern pet. I got that idea from zeid and shadowlord because they can split themselves into annoying clones. It's most certainly related to the dark knight mythos within the FFXI world.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoha View Post
    I'd like to think we could become the lesser versions of a certain DRK that could summon shadow versions of himself to fight. The OP's summoning ideas aren't that farfetched when one takes that into account. The bat thing does sound a little funky, but I like the idea of giving all those vials of blood some actual use.
    (0)

I realize Zeid could do that, I'm not really poking fun of the OP or anything really (I'm sorry if it came out wrong).

Only couple of Dark Knights comes to mind when they could summon something like shadows, Zeid being one of them.
    Other career Dark Knights in the FF universe couldn't though, to quote Cecil or Gafgarion for example.

While it's completely plausible the idea, DRK is a job that fits the role of "front damage dealer". It's iconic that they can cast dark magic and have all that dark aura around them.
    When you put that into a MMO, you see, every job has a role. Some will fit the same role as a "front damage dealer", but there are things called "spotlight".

It's of Dragoon's, Summoner's and Beastmaters spotlight to get aid from a third-party. That was iconic, through out FF history. No exceptions on XI (maybe not DRG, I haven't seen a Lancer summoning a wyvern at all).

However for Dark Knight the emphasys is another: It's ... cast those spells and slay those mobs. Don't base yourself based on what one or two dark knights can do (btw, Ark Angel TT couldn't summon anything, same for the "necromancer" who's just a Dark Knight in the Drachen Armet fight if you've done it). There's a whole history behind all of those jobs. And through out such history, no Dark Knight was able to summon anything.

Dark knight summoning a companion is a "new thing" that only happened in XI.
    I might be wrong, but I doubt SE would implement such thing.

However, it is a nice sugestion that I wouldn't mind being applied really.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast