Character
    Gadanae
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Abyssea NPC's in every major city.

I noticed in the in-game server message that "steps will be taken to lessen the congestion in some areas"...... maybe not worded exactly like that but you know what I mean.

SE, please, put Abyssea Stone and Warp NPC's like Joachim and Horst in every major city. I miss my home nation!.

Thoughts anyone?
    (0)

They had already stated they will be doing this. I'm anxiously awaiting for it to be implemented.
    (0)
    And remember kids, being selfish is a virtue.

Character
    Demonicpagan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Wow, that would be awesome!
    (0)

I would love to see Abyssea NPCs in every city, but it doesn't completely solve the congestion problem.

Even with Abyssea NPCs in every major city, many players will still congregate in a single city. Players will continue to do this because /shouts can only be seen in one zone. Many players will congregate into a single city zone to see /shouts from other players looking to sell items, recruit new members to their Linkshell, find members for a pick-up party/mission/Abyssea NM/etc, and any number of other reasons.

I wouldn't go so far as to implement a true /global chat channel, but I believe a /city channel that facilitates communication amongst all the major cities (in addition to a full Auction House merge, addition of Abyssea NPCs to all major cities, and the ability to quickly move between citites) would encourage players to spread out from Port Jeuno and into the other cities. Personally, I would move back to Windurst if became convenient to do so.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, the only thing Horst and Joachim have accomplished is getting people to overcrowd Port Jeuno, rather than Whitegate. The services they provide are helpful and strongly encourage people to homepoint nearby, but maintaining the proximity of idle players looking to organize content is way more important.

Adding Abyssea NPCs to every city won't solve the problem; if you want to remove congestion, you need to implement a more efficient system for forming pick-up groups. Even global city chat isn't enough; the regional restriction on group invites would need to be lifted, too, because keeping track of 18 people you've never met all over the world and trying to herd them to a given Maw and then sit there and wait is way more of a PitA than it needs to be.
    (0)

Character
    Gadanae
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    @ Eeek. Awesome. Totally awesome. Thank you for your post.

@ scaevola. Another awesome post.

Let's keep this thread at the top guys, Dev's at SE ESPECIALLY need to read this one!.

Also a thought. A stone to touch at a maw that a party leader can "warp" the members to him/her? Sounds like WOW I know, but one can dream.... if they can do Nexus cape, they can do that!
    (0)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And while you're at it, how about putting all these NPC (OT, ToAU, Explore Moogle, Abyssea) all at the same place, just outside the MH, so we can OT/repatriate back then grab another NPC and go to abby or AU Whitegate.
    (0)