Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewp View Post
    High cost? You guys make it sound like there is only five developers and a monkey working on FFXI. I wish FFXIV didn't hog up all your resources
    Could a monkey type with it's feet? That'd like a 100% efficiency increase on a human dev. More monkey-devs please!

To be serious though it does seem a shame that good ideas like this one are being sidelined... I can't decide which is better, fine tuning existing features or adding new content so I'm kind of glad it's not me choosing!
    (0)
    The days of the digital watch are numbered.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by slakyak View Post
    Could a monkey type with it's feet? That'd like a 100% efficiency increase on a human dev. More monkey-devs please!

To be serious though it does seem a shame that good ideas like this one are being sidelined... I can't decide which is better, fine tuning existing features or adding new content so I'm kind of glad it's not me choosing!
    I would pick this > putting high level mobs in areas they do not belong.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I checked in with the dev. team regarding adding the "Wanted" type of feature to the AH. They said that the idea is really interesting, but that they're sorry to report that due to the high cost associated with creating a system like that, it's just not feasible to implement.
    Please tell the dev team not to discount "quality of life" features immediately based on perceived effort:reward ratio. A lot of things that seem to take "a lot of work" go a long ways in terms of improving general playability and enjoyment of a game created in 2002, bringing it more in line with games created in 2011.

I can see how a change like the one proposed here would require a complete overhaul of the game's AH mechanics, but I also refer to overly obnoxious gameplay elements like trophy turn-ins and upgrades and the moogle cutscene before entering Walk of Echos, for example.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by slakyak View Post
    Suppose you just got a new puppy and are housebreaking it. What is more cost effective, grueling, and pleasant;

checking its newspapers every hour or so.
    checking its newspaper every couple days.
    replacing the newspaper every time you notice its soiled.
    replacing the newspaper every couple days.
    putting new newspaper over everything every couple days.

Keep in mind that game development is cost intensive and cash strapped. Also keep in mind that SE has been in some hot water for the past few years. The good news is that SE is also attempting to change. These forums are proof of it and a continued stream of feedback(both positive and negative) will help. Just remember to renew your subscription every month or better yet open a 2nd or 3rd account whenever an update occurs that you like.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I checked in with the dev. team regarding adding the "Wanted" type of feature to the AH. They said that the idea is really interesting, but that they're sorry to report that due to the high cost associated with creating a system like that, it's just not feasible to implement.
    Well I'm glad I don't pay some sort of monthly subscription then. Wait a second...
    (7)

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Well I'm glad I don't pay some sort of monthly subscription then. Wait a second...
    lol "oh that's right!"

You know, in any other job, if you gave the person paying your salary this much rejection, you'd be fired. In this case, SE is turning down everyone's well thought-out ideas for improvements (among the really bad ones) and we're the ones paying them. Well? Let's do something more interesting with the game instead of rehashing the old crap? Perhaps stop fixing what isn't broken. XI is still 100x better than XIV and SE has been milking it for so long now. Just because it's probably the best MMO out still, doesn't mean that it's not still a great disappointment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Harukusan; 04-28-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The ideas suggested are not necessarily all good. Many of the ideas suggested on this forum are downright bad. The most demanded 'ideas' are simply to fix existing features that are broken. The developers are choosing what is the most broken and fixing those things first. How many years have we been asking for an AH merge? They are finally delivering. I think this is progress. The ideas should keep coming, but SE should not be bashed for expressing their dislike of implementing them. We are fortunate to receive a response at all.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    A huge amount of your subscription fee is needed just to keep the servers running.

Part of the reason for the impracticality though, is how badly FFXI was apparently built from a behind the scenes standpoint. Things that we think would be simple are often not. Look at the key item sorting thing for instance.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    A huge amount of your subscription fee is needed just to keep the servers running.

Part of the reason for the impracticality though, is how badly FFXI was apparently built from a behind the scenes standpoint. Things that we think would be simple are often not. Look at the key item sorting thing for instance.
    I've said it more times than I care to remember but I'll say it again. FFXI needs a a technical update. Not a content but an update that fixes all these silly little issues that shouldn't have existed even back when the game was first launched. I can't be the only person who gets frustrated with the way you dance around menus and struggle with the UIs.
    (4)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Raihaku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuaki_Komoto
    PS2 limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki_Ito
    PS2 limitations.