Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sony hacked for CC information

A brief statement was issued yesterday by Sony Corporation that their security had been breached/hacked and that Credit Card information had been stolen/jeapordized.

No further information has been made available to identify the platforms, although we have to assume it's Play Station.

PoL made one of their usual canned postings about Password Security yesterday.

Keep an eye on your credit cards and SE/PoL, please address this issue in more detail.
    (1)

I'm pretty sure FFXI isn't tied to PSN.
    (1)

The REAL WHM AF

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    While there is no evidence at this time that credit
    card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have
    provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity,
    out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit
    card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have
    been obtained.
    This is just to nitpick, but its not 100% that they actually took the credit card numbers. Also as the above poster said, PSN is not linked to FFXI in any way.
    (1)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    PSN and live arent really related to Playonline or FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It still sucks though... I want to blow stuff up and shoot peoples faces off! I want PSN back online! The best thing to do when FFXI is in it's usual "nothing to do, AFK in Port Jeuno or Mog House" crap, is flip on the PS3 and play something that's actually fun for a while!
    (0)

Character
    Lexin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Actually looking like they did not get the CC info. Been following this as a PS3 owner who uses PSN.
    (0)
    Lexin - Pansura
    DoRK - 90
    PLD - 85

I would like "Weapon Bash" renamed "Dragoon Bash" for old time sakes...

While i don't condone what Anonymous did, (in fact i find it abhorrent)

Sony should have known better than to taunt an organization of militant hackers.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    While i don't condone what Anonymous did, (in fact i find it abhorrent)

Sony should have known better than to taunt an organization of militant hackers.
    Anonymous isn't an "organization" it's more like an idea. It's something completely new that we haven't seen before, and it can't be stopped because it has no leaders or organized structure that can be attacked.

Remember the "stand alone complex" in Ghost in the Shell? (the TV anime not the movies).

Anonymous is that, only for real.

Or, if your a Star Trek fan, it's sort of like the Borg (I mean originally before they introduced all the "borg queen" nonsense and ruined a terrifying inhuman antagonist by putting a human face on them)
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-29-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Player
    The hilarious part of this is that it serves as a reason for PS2 players not to switch over to PS3 even if given the option. POL is just not worth hacking, so it is less likely to witness this type of problem (Note that people cannot play online using PS3 atm).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Anonymous isn't an "organization" it's more like an idea. It's something completely new that we haven't seen before, and it can't be stopped because it has no leaders or organized structure that can be attacked.

Remember the "stand alone complex" in Ghost in the Shell? (the TV anime not the movies).

Anonymous is that, only for real.

Or, if your a Star Trek fan, it's sort of like the Borg (I mean originally before they introduced all the "borg queen" nonsense and ruined a terrifying inhuman antagonist by putting a human face on them)
    While the word "organization" has many meaning, one of those meaning is "something made up of individual elements that contribute to a collective function or goal."
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast