Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Matador
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

How can SE make the Redmage frontline job?

give the redmages refresh + haste passive job trait works like aura easy answer
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    . . . oh, wait, you're serious, aren't you?

/sigh

Long story short, no.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Make them better frontline attackers is the simplest and most realistic way.
    (0)

Wow, years of discussion were rendered pointless by one sentence.
    (0)

Character
    Bigboy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Jack of all trades. Master of none. You will not ever be as good of a melee, as a job that was specifically designed for it. Anyone who puts the same amount of effort into their job as you do will beat you. The game is designed that way. Get over it.
    (3)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
    Jack of all trades. Master of none. You will not ever be as good of a melee, as a job that was specifically designed for it. Anyone who puts the same amount of effort into their job as you do will beat you. The game is designed that way. Get over it.
    Nobody is contesting this. I start seeing problems, though, when White Mages start out-damaging us . . .
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Wow, years of discussion were rendered pointless by one sentence.
    I'd go with it, but I'm somewhat miffed at us getting a healer job trait we don't really need.

In all seriousness, though, Refresh and Haste have really turned into a thorn on RDM's side when it comes to accepted roles. Big, big problem.
    Jack of all trades. Master of none. You will not ever be as good of a melee, as a job that was specifically designed for it. Anyone who puts the same amount of effort into their job as you do will beat you.
    A design philosophy that has been proven to fail unless your intention all along was to bait-and-switch the hybrids in question into healer roles. If anything, the developers need to get it through their heads that such a design model doesn't work in MMOs.

If you doubt my claim, ask yourself why so many people are intent on us getting Cure V.
    (2)
    Last edited by Duelle; 04-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Bigboy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    Nobody is contesting this. I start seeing problems, though, when White Mages start out-damaging us . . .
    They get a better WS than RDM. But to do that damage they have to sacrifice a lot more than a RDM does. Even with that, I am able to out-damage an equally geared WHM. They get a 6-hit, and you get a 5. It's not that outrageous.
    (0)

Character
    Bigboy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    A design philosophy that has been proven to fail unless your intention all along was to bait-and-switch the hybrids in question into healer roles. If anything, the developers need to get it through their heads that such a design model doesn't work in MMOs.
    It is only considered a failure by people like yourself that don't understand proper game balancing. If you got your way, what would the purpose be to playing any other job? I can already solo HNMs, I can replace WHMs and BLMs in many situations, and you are upset because you don't get to take advantage of a Paladin hate tactic.
    (2)

...Look at the mods for Hexa Strike, now look at the mods for Evi

...yeah

Did I mention that clubs also have higher base damage not to mention they actually get good clubs unlike Rdm which has only gotten like 2 good daggers since CoP

Not to mention that it's REALLY easy to get a 26% haste with their cheap blessed set while we are still stuck in like 2005 with dusk.

I mean when we were 75 the only thing holding them back was their lack of accuracy. Now that abyssea is here their only weakness for meleeing has been abolished and competent Whms are able to compete with any non-empyrean job.

An equally geared Whm will curb stomp an equally geared Rdm (and a lot of other jobs actually) unless the Red Mage has CDC.

Did I mention Whm is also the ONLY job capable of healing at the moment?
    (1)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast