Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Player
    I have been in a debate with people about rdm as a front line job (DD) for a while, I know for a fact rdm can DD, I have done it. I have kept up with AG mythic sam, aeonic blu, empy drk, mythic thf, aeonic thf, the list goes on.

Rdm is seriously on the verge of being way over powered, the dmg really isn't that bad and SE has to be extra careful on the gear they give rdm or it will become bandwagon on dps.

The only things rdm really needed was m.acc bonus which was addressed with the Feb update, outside that they need to increase the potency of dia/bio, poison, para, slow and make mythic worthwhile. As it stands there is literally zero reason for rdm mythic outside convert and we get convert bonus in gifts, only 1 self cure away from being topped off.
    (1)
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    RDM DD is pretty good because savage blade is a HORRIBLY broken weapon skill.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Don't forget Dragon kick!
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Dagger on rdm? The afternoon weapon is sword not dagger ,not stave, nor club.im ilvl119 maxed and mastered was top notched and the only thing I can do is "grab hate" after that my job goes to because all the merits/master that I've done makes no difference if my capped ablities don't stay on.stoneskin wears in one hit blink is gone in one hit it's like being a newborn once more gimped with no capped Skills u don't care that I don't do as much damage as a melee or blm or heal like a sch/when but damn I'd like to be able to survive a fight without a party of 18 to keep me alive.thats what makes me angry .I'm not a back line rdm I never was.the first 6 starter jobs has rdm.it was front line till pld so what changed?
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've always been a fan of melee RDM but I did feel it was still pretty far behind the traditional DD jobs. That is, until I started farming Omen for Swarts.

I happen to have TH augments on Chironic gear, so I just started farming on RDM (since I don't have THF leveled). On an average run, solo with trusts, I clear the zone with about 10 minutes left on the timer (my best time so far is 13 minutes). I recently leveled RUN and decided I should start collecting cards for upgrades and I found that I was unable to even clear the first room without timing out (my RUN gear isn't the best but it's not terrible I think, using Montante +1 and well augmented herc for DDing). I was like... huh... guess RDM isn't that bad after all.

After that I tested some of my other jobs just to see how they compared. NIN timed out at panopts. DRG was just barely able to clear with less then 5 minutes on the clock. My SAM is pretty well geared and still only managed to clear with 15 minutes left.

This raised my opinion of melee RDM significantly. I realize a large part is due to the recent composure buff (having my enspells hit almost as hard as the physical attack is a huge boost) and that Omen is not exactly the best comparison (the mobs are relatively weak), I've also meleed in Dynamis D up to wave 2 and on Neak in lowman groups and felt that I was at least contributing decently (with BRD and GEO support), but it's harder to make a comparison there without certain *ahem* assistance...

I would still like to see RDM get some further help in this area though, at this point mainly just in gearsets. It would be great to have another set like Ayanmo but with the stats switched around on different pieces so we could mix and match. It would also be nice to see some sort of native attack buff, Saber spell maybe? And for the love of god fix enspell IIs or just go ahead and delete them!
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade_Rewards
    Jhakri Armor Set +2 has high amounts of accuracy and attack for a "mage" armor set.
    Itemization choices are immense for RDM, seek and you will find. One thing i find lacking that could be added is access to +fencer bonus for equipment RDM is tagged for.
    Sub job choice makes a huge difference on un-specialized jobs: /sch /whm /blm will be vastly different than using /war /drk /sam as a sub job selection if your intent is more physical offense.
    (0)

Character
    Merils
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't think supersun plays ffxi.
    (0)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18