Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It would be nice if we could improve RDM without simply stealing abilities from other jobs. Some new RDM-only spells would be good, and the devs already implied that there might be new spells coming via job points, what they are and how effective they might be is up for debate. Some improvements to the elemental magic system would indirectly help RDM, which has also been mentioned by the devs. Unfortunately we probably can't expect much more then that, it's always nice to dream though.
    (0)

If you ask me all SE needs to do is give us access to all the gear we should be able to use and that we get left out from because reasons. For quick reference I'm mainly talking about gear/weapons that THF and BLU can use but RDM can't even though it would make sense for us to be able to. That and the usual B+ Dagger/Sword skill and Shield skill C+ instead of F of course.

Other than that we don't really need more than we already have IMO.

PS > And just to clarify I'm not talking about getting access to ALL of THF and BLU gear, but about the types of items we have access to at lower levels but are magically unable to use at higher levels for no good reason other than holding the job back.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 12-30-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My take on Red Mages has always been since the days they got refresh, in those days the only ones with phalanx, and able to cast weaker spells but faster. It honestly annoyed me that any good exp party had to have either a rdm or a brd because they were the only two with refresh like abilities so you didn't have to worry about downtime and could push the pulls hard and fast. I don't know where in the line of things RDM went astray but I always thought that core identity... one of using magic to close the gaps of the places they lack... was the core identity of rdm. Lack dmg on melee? Use an en-spell. Lack tanking power? Use phalanx. Lack magic power or area effect buffs? Cast faster and have convert and refresh to make it so you have more mana resources. That was perfect. But also aggravating because RDM became too needed to do well and drowned other jobs out.

Now with WHM's that never go oom, who needs a refresh. Or a convert. It made whm's useful again but it drowned rdm's utility that it was sought for. And alot go scholar anyway for sublimation and faster cast times. And scholars out specialize rdm in casting time and fast cast gear is very easy to cap. Which pretty much made rdm's chainspell not so great anymore as well as their fast cast trait. Gear is too loaded and too much of the rdm unique powers are now common place, to the point rdm's only remaining gig is their unique spells and the fact they have it all in one package. But it isn't enough. I always felt having rdm as more a mage than a melee was smart. Red mages aren't red fighters, they're red mages... they use swords instead of staves and have black and white magic both. If it weren't for mp not being an issue anymore, and fast cast being so prevalent, I think rdm would still have a valid identity that was not drowned out. Because right now it is drowned out. And that wasn't the case. As power level increases it becomes harder and harder to know what to give to each job to the point it feels like at some point everyone has everything and then what's even the point anymore. Either SE has to take away all the ridiculous fast cast gear and unlimited mana pools which would piss off a ton of people, or give RDM a unique set of skills and identity back and make content harder again.
    (0)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 02-08-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Character
    Poisonwraith
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    RDM gets access to some of the best weapons in game. To say it's not a frontline job is a slap in the face. With the correct tweaks you can go toe to toe with the higher parsed jobs np.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Erm the last post was 2 years ago, the game was quite different then.
    (1)

I hope someday they at least add Temper II and that it gives triple attack instead of double. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    I hope someday they at least add Temper II and that it gives triple attack instead of double. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Or perhaps allow Temper to target party members... <_<;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    they did add temper II, its a job point spell, and it does give triple attack
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    they did add temper II, its a job point spell, and it does give triple attack
    That was sarcasm.
    (1)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    That was sarcasm.
    I didn't get it either.
    (0)