Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Anyone Remembers Garrison?

During these days I'd read lots and lots of posts asking for improvements and begging for solutions that can carry low lvl characters outside Abyssea, that made me think of an event i used to enjoy with my old ls group: Garrison.

I remember waiting these Saturdays at OP gathering with my comrades in a really good mood, planning how to overcome the "thread" of beastmen that would attack the Op soon, and hoping to get that garrison stuffs, i really remember having lots of fun doing it.

As time has passed, this event has been totally forgotten and now anyone is doing it anymore (maybe because the rewards are not that great and because they are no needed anymore because of abyssea).

So, this is where I started to think: What if Garrison receives an improvement and is reborn being more rewarding for those in the low and mid-levels, I think this kind of events could get people of these levels out of abyss if are given a good reason to do it (like ex armor for low mid levels with nice boost, added exp per horde killed, etc, etc).

This could be an excuse to start new ls's comunities and start doing old-fashiones events, more attractive.

I would like to know what you think about it, and as well if DEV team also cares.
    (7)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    At the very least, Garrison should be buffed to give consistent rewards worthy of the effort it takes to arrange a Garrison in the first place. If for nothing else than for me being able to get some dang Mannequin Legs in the mean time. >_>
    (2)

Thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. My LS used to do Garrison regularly pre Abyssea. Best fun ever. Yes SE, could you possibly look at ways to re-vamp it? Pretty please?
    (1)

Garrison and EF adjustments (Yes Please)
    (2)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I just hope more DEV team consider it in further updates.
    (0)

Character
    Flamehero
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 50
    Yeah, a lot of quests around starting cities have been almost completely forgotten. I remember Eco-War was very popular when Garrison was, but since most of the character base is high level, no one wants to stick around for it anymore because of the low reward. I hope Garrison makes a comeback one day, maybe an increased threat of orcs to attract higher levels or a bigger reward.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    They could have higher tier mobs for higher leveled players, as well with eco-warrior quest, we still have plenty of content to be revamped
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    And i think not many players cares about it T.T
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Boring, pointless, no thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Boring, pointless, no thanks.
    I am not sure if you are commenting on Garrison, or on this thread, but either way I disagree.

Garrison is a fun event for a lot of people - and people taking the opportunity to reflect on that, and muse about the future is pretty much what forums like this exist for. Additionally, something that has renewed some of my faith in SE with the creation of this site is that there is a budding dialogue building between the development team and the playerbase. So in effect, this nostalgic pining might actually bear fruit. Is it likely? That cannot be said, but it is certainly unfair to state that it is pointless.

There really is no need to be negative about the discussion or the event, at least not in this blanket manner.

Were SE to include higher level Garrison events, that would be fun. Instead of merely changing the rewards to be in line with Abyssea's power level, focus the Garrison rewards toward aspects of the new leveling paradigm (by making Garrison pay out in "increases skillup gear," etc.); that would give people something to do with all their keyed jobs - and they might actually learn how to play them better in lower-leveled events they want to do to flesh out their skills (or whatever).

Any number of changes can make this great game even better - and while we cannot believe that they will bend over backwards to suit our every request, we should keep these kind of "ideas" threads coming!

After all, MHMU is always watching...
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast