Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kenthedeviant
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[DEV1000] Walk of Echoes: What happened?

It was mentioned months ago that Walk of Echoes would be updated and "better" but I've heard nothing about this since then, and it doesnt look like it's slated for an update with the May 10th major VU. So, what is happening with WoE? I'd like to take a moment as an active player of Walk of Echoes to explain the current situation to the Dev team.

A lot of people simply arent interested in WoE, so fewer and fewer people are showing up every day, making it harder and harder to get a "win" and a chance at pouches containing multiple coins, and no matter how good your friends are, you can only rope them into coming with you so many times before they get sick of seeing no progress for you or themselves. The biggest issue, in my opinion, is simply the fact that you can get the "win", earn first place 20x in a row, and still not get even a single coin of what you're after, much less a pouch of coins. I understand the CONCEPT of "game balance" and the "random nature" of the game, but at what point, does balance and random nature because frustration and imbalance? Is it when the guy who hid in a corner and lotted the pouch you need wins lot, takes off and finishes his trial weeks before you? Or perhaps when you feel you've mastered walk of echoes, can place first every time, and never actually get anything you need from your private award coffer?

I dont understand why the WoE system for coins cant be switched to a KI voucher system, for example, earn vouchers for wins, depending on how you placed/ranked in the fight overall, and then you can redeem those vouchers for the coins you actually NEED. Dont like that system? No problem! How about making it like Einherjar: where points are awarded for completions, instead of exp/limit points, and then those points can be redeemed for whatever you want. Still not liking either of these ideas? Well how about just creating alternate ways to actually earn the coins you need, perhaps entirely outside of WoE since no one seems to be interested in it anymore anyway. WoE is dying.... quickly, and something needs to be done soon or players really wont have much of any opportunity to get the coins they need to EVER complete their trials. Lets call a spade a spade here: the majority of us who chose to do WoE are usually people who do not have the time or opportunity to complete a TRUE empyrean weapon, so we go the WoE route due to our limited time and resources, but if we can spend weeks or even MONTHS there, working our butts off, then whats the difference... or the point?
    (3)
    Last edited by Kenthedeviant; 04-24-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    I'm not trying to be rude but if you don't "have time" for an empyrean weapon, um... You need to spend less time in woe or maybe you don't want to try because completing an empyrean weapon is solely up to you. It's very casual.

Sure, it can go really slow but, it's really up to you, and it's not hard.
    (0)

Character
    Kenthedeviant
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anewie View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude but if you don't "have time" for an empyrean weapon, um... You need to spend less time in woe or maybe you don't want to try because completing an empyrean weapon is solely up to you. It's very casual.

Sure, it can go really slow but, it's really up to you, and it's not hard.

First of all, you ARE being, rude, and missing the point entirely. Not only did I mention time, but also resources, meaning not having the setup to consistently farm empyrean weapons. Only certain KI's can be farmed from Gold Pyxides, and if you plan to solo NM's that drop KI's to pop Empyrean weapon NM's, then the chance to proc red is entirely based on luck since only a few select jobs can do this, and war certainly isnt one of them (for the majority of red procs). Try reading it again, and instead of complaining and whining, try offering something constructive.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kenthedeviant; 04-24-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You had me until you took it outside WoE. The bottom line is simply WoE needs to be fixed.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Player
    Way to completely miss what makes WOE terrible.

The fact that there is no option to reserve a conflux is the reason sucks. The way it is now a group of five can be robbed of rank chest by unneeded leeches. And before people come and say that there not leeching you need to realize that leeches can not win without us and we don't need them to win thus they are leeching.
    (0)

Yup, conflux reservation for your group (lower the player limit to 18, and give a BCNM icon just like the "faint hum" did for Limbus), and a lower limit on how many wins are required to unlock new tiers.

Simply put, WoE has such a limited following due to mediocre drops and a system that prohibits progress to the higher tiers. I mean, Diabolos hasn't even unlocked flux 4 or 6 yet, and WoE has been out for a long time now. Lets not even talk about unlocking #7.
    (0)
    Sovereign of Diabolos
    http://www.etherealls.com

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know, I know this will seem like a waste of time to point out but I think it's very valid: You could spend a fraction of the time obtaining an Empyrean if you joined a linkshell dedicated to blocking everyone else by spamming NM pops. Sorta why less and less are wasting their time with uncertain WoE progress and I'm not sure any amount of fixes will help when you could go the cheap route to obtaining an Empyrean. And yes, it's effing cheap. And it's even more cheap to use it to your advantage when trying to get 9 year old weapons upgraded to be better.

You could lead it yourself for any run time of your choosing. If you have time for WoE then you have time for empyrean farming. SE seems to have given up on it so we should, too. But hey, I see a major change in the future for WoE that's in line with the Dynamis change.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Zetonegi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 1
    I think that's the point Vold. It should be available for people who don't want to spend time to get full out Empys. The problem is, with maybe a few exceptions here or there depending on server, the Empys are just plain easier to get. This is an event that gives you strictly worse rewards for clearly more investment when it was meant to be the cheap easy option to empys. Some people don't want sit in Guku's Aery trying to get Sobek triggers while others just don't want to organize or join an Empy LS. You can disagree with them but the worse 'easier to get' option should actually be easier to get.

WoE's being terrible comes down to 2 things::
    1) drop rate on coins sucks(can't solo farm em efficiently in the slightest)
    2) people can easily leech on your work without even though they aren't needed for you to clear a flux and there's nothing you can do about it
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    My LS does WoE for the money drops (and to get ppl coins), so i just lot the freebies. Also, 50 glavoid shells? 50 kukulkan skins? 50 bukhis wings? No thanks i'll use the crappy WoE versions. Thats a lot more headache than i care to bother with.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    My LS does WoE for the money drops (and to get ppl coins), so i just lot the freebies. Also, 50 glavoid shells? 50 kukulkan skins? 50 bukhis wings? No thanks i'll use the crappy WoE versions. Thats a lot more headache than i care to bother with.
    You forgot two-leaf Chloris bud's...
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast