Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post

Also I'm sorry Fyreus, your argument appears to be "we get to DD out of AoE range". Yeah, great, except you still need to run into 15"ish to fire your WS unless you're using detonator/empy arrow. And Most dangerous difficult mobe where you'd want RNG have AoEs that span either 15" or 20" (more often than not, 20")
    What i said was misinterpreted and there was no argument, purely how things look from an angle that isn't ours as the player. What i'm saying is looking at how things work and the updates (atleast the english notes) SE is considering slower enmity gain over time and SE is aiming in that direction but they too are trying to ws at 20). I think there's a mechanic in mind we don't care to see or can't see that they don't want to trip up while tip toe around sorta like smn bp timer. I can see them tweaking what we have but maybe not until they show us what's up next content-wise.

Dousing or shedding is nice but like i stated in my third paragraph proper fixes to what we have would be far more likely since arrow enmity hasn't changed since most of us first picked up rng and they haven't mentioned any of the sort. An active stealth shot we can pop and fire off ws > sekk > ws > SS+Ba >ws under -30 or 40 enmity under a short duration seems sexy to me without having a bandwagon or rng alliance insurgency (again). Fully active camo we can shoot/ws behind is icing on my cake.

We gotta realize they won't help us but will throw us a bone.
    (0)

I'll repeat myself, similar to how PLD should get a higher enmity cap, I think RNG should get a lower enmity cap.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    I'll repeat myself, similar to how PLD should get a higher enmity cap, I think RNG should get a lower enmity cap.
    People complain that the game has no challenge now but something like this would guarantee it. Ranger's enmity problem isn't Ranger's enmity problem. The enmity system as a whole is stuck at level 75.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    People complain that the game has no challenge now but something like this would guarantee it. Ranger's enmity problem isn't Ranger's enmity problem. The enmity system as a whole is stuck at level 75.
    How would changing PLD and RNG enmity make the game less challenging? By making those jobs not have to level NIN, THF or MNK to be useful? Its about job balance which typically takes a jobs weaknesses and adjusts them to make them more useful.
    I'm not sure adjusting enmity caps for different jobs would do that but its not the most ridiculous idea. Certainly less ridiculous than allowing MNK's 4k HP and WHM's unlimited MP.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    How would changing PLD and RNG enmity make the game less challenging? By making those jobs not have to level NIN, THF or MNK to be useful? Its about job balance which typically takes a jobs weaknesses and adjusts them to make them more useful.
    I'm not sure adjusting enmity caps for different jobs would do that but its not the most ridiculous idea. Certainly less ridiculous than allowing MNK's 4k HP and WHM's unlimited MP.
    Allowing a tank job to exceed other job's total possible hate is similar to giving a healer infinite MP. The challenge that a lot of people keep referring to was pacing, anticipation and micro management. Nowadays you just zerg because total HP and cure spells exceed the possible damage a monster can do to you and because a single weaponskill can pretty much cap your hate.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Allowing a tank job to exceed other job's total possible hate is similar to giving a healer infinite MP.
    Exactly. Then things would be balanced again ;p

But seriously, there many things that allow enmity to change in a fight, such as monster abilities that reset hate and damage taken by the tank. So a higher enmity cap doesn't ensure the mob stays adhered to the tank, nor does it ensure said tank can stay alive. But it does allow DDs to be a bit more free flowing with their damage which is really the point of getting the best gear. If you have to intentionally gimp yourself to maintain hate on the tank, then what's the point of great gear? Look at me I have superior gear but I can only shoot an arrow every 30 sec or I'm dead. I'm so much better than the guy in average gear that can shoot continuously for just as much damage.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Better idea (I think), keep the hate generation as is, but give ranger the ability to transfer their hate to another party member, kinda like beast with snarl. 1 minute cool-down would work I think. And why not a thief-like ability, isn't that what Bounty Shot is? Seriously, this would give ranger back some much-needed love in the player community. And all the enmity down in the world is meaningless solo, unless you sub a pet job or are using NPC.
    (1)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Faster decay with camo UP.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    That reminds me...

What is bounty shot? Is it TH for rng? the update says it improves TH and my screen says the same thing but i wanna know if its similar type, different type, weaker type, or if its a suppliment ja. Going to gather test screenshots between gloves off, +1, and +2.
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    It's the same as THF TH only in JA form.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast