Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

What Vanadiel would we be in.... if SE DROPPED PS2!

Alright guys lets get a list of people's post on what the world of Vanadiel would be if SE Dropped PS2. I'll start this off with:

We will actually get new content that is worth adding by means of expansions rather then excuses and add-ons.
    (1)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

oh wow really? People still carrying on about this? Yes it needs to happen but not because we need "more content". What we have is a broken mess that needs fixing before anything else.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

hmm... let me guess, the 2010's?
    (0)

Oh no, not this again. Moderators, could you please flag this, lock and/or remove it before we get a bunch of PS2 hate posts. Thanks.
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If they ever dropped PS2 I would demand a graphical update first thing. That's a Vana'diel I want to see in the future. But seriously the PS2 can't last for as long as FFXI... systems die eventually. Sony can't support the darn thing forever. So eventually they are going to have to make a choice. Drop PS2 or FFXI. It'd be a damn shame to drop FFXI without testing peoples will to play by making them jump to PC. Toss subscribers on PS2 a free PC download and see how it goes. And be all like, look, if you guys jump ship to the PC, we'll update this game to something better. It cannot hurt to try. I bet most if not all of the FFXI player base are packing computers that can run this game, and if they aren't then daaaaaamn I thought I had it rough.
    (3)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    lol, yeah... It really doesn't take much to play FFXI on a PC... You can even play it on a low-budget laptop...

The thing is, though, and I know people hate to think about it... but FFXI is drawing to an end... FFXIV is out, and they're working really hard to make it meet everyone's standards and get more people into it... I don't think they're planning on FFXI surviving for more than 2-3 more years...
    (0)

I find it funny that looking by topic names, even the japanese want to move off of the ps2.
    (0)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Look at God of War II for the PS2.

Same hardware... way way way more graphical and RAM intensive then FFXI...

They take away PS2 version you will see less ppl playing. And nothing more. You want that?

Oh I guess you'd then start blaming 360 for things...
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Alright guys lets get a list of people's post on what the world of Vanadiel would be if SE Dropped PS2.
    There would be almost no JP players.

The End. (And the reason why this "Drop PS2 Support" idiocy needs to freaking stop. Square-Enix prefers the JP playerbase, and will cater to them as necessary.)
    (2)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I personally play on the PC, always have... in saying that, I completely and utterly disagree with this post.

All games eventually run their course--FFXI will be no exception. SE made the correct move in creating FFXIV in that you'll have a Final Fantasy game capable of so much more than SE was able to deliver with FFXI primarily due to the system constraints--(and please spare me w/ the ...oh but look at what happened to FFXIV)--we all know what happened with FFXIV but that's not the point of my post... anyway...
    ...any company deciding on dropping the support on a platform, which it was originally released for... (keep that in mind, FFXI was created for the PS2 and only later migrated over to the PC and XBOX360)... would be completely shutting out a significant chunk of it's consumer base.

All-in-all this thread should be locked... and any thread suggesting such a thing should be locked. If you want an updated pseudo-version of FFXI, then look to FFXIV... if not please stop suggesting something you know, will never happen because it is "INFEASIBLE".
    (3)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast