Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    You have no idea what the community's financial situation is...
    Right, but they manage to pay for a monthly subscription to FFXI as well as a monthly fee for their ISP.
    If you're so financially destitute that you can't afford a $200 laptop to run FFXI, you need to rethink you're spending habits.
    (2)

Well NINTENDO coming out with a new system. If possible the system is better then a standard PC or PS3/Xbox 360 they should really think of making a (FFXI-2) I would get it to upgrade this game which I enjoy. Add new features some general ideas... maybe crazy..

*Updated facial features that I can upgrade to as I play though the years.

*Characters have Capes on that can be seen....

*Quivers That can be seen on the back in arrows in them...

*A form of wagon or carriage take you from city to destination...maybe attacked from time to time.

*Other forms of "Saddle beast" then chocobo's some new option doesn't have to be fancy.

*Chocobo's that are raised by the player should not run off when dismounted, players should have a option to send them off magical to the stable or remain.

*Swimming and Climbing, Jumping... and can we possibly can we walk over pebbles this time...

*Region that are beastsmen controlled should be outlawed land making player versus player.

*Players caught Rmting or botting should have a wanted sign in let player hunt them and place them in Sandoria jail so I can "lol" all day at there faces...Ahem sorry lost myself there moving on.

*Corsairs or "players" should get there own ship >.> If they have the funds to maintain them.

*Naval battles and pirate attacks would be nice if I had my own ship ahem.. I mean players had there own ships...

*Mini-Region(zone) where players have there homes with grass or mountain or what ever option scene they choose.

Just a few ideas... but of course not everyone will agree.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shadobi; 04-28-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadobi View Post
    Bunch of stuff
    Stop suggesting new and exciting things! We need to be more focused on stagnating and remaining insular.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Stop suggesting new and exciting things! We need to be more focused on stagnating and remaining insular.
    Understood >.> sorry lost my mind there. I am back now though..
    (0)

Character
    Nephilipitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Look at God of War II for the PS2.

Same hardware... way way way more graphical and RAM intensive then FFXI...

They take away PS2 version you will see less ppl playing. And nothing more. You want that?

Oh I guess you'd then start blaming 360 for things...
    That's a horribly flawed argument. I doubt there are that many people that are like "If I can't play FFXI in SD on my PS2 then I dont' want to play it at all!" so most of them will probably just get onto the PC version if they care that much.

What Square Enix really has to worry about is not getting enough new people because the game looks too stagnated, and has issues that they could fix, but would require PS2 to be dropped. Fact is, if they did Drop PS2 support they could redo the whole Interface and make the game feel and play not only differently, but better and more updated.

What will kill FFXI is the game being too dated to get enough new people to cancel out all the people leaving temporarily or permanently. While the PS2 userbase is substantial, it's not like it's cost prohibitive to play on PC. I mean imagine seeing cool down timers rather than highlighting a spell or ability. There are countless things they could do to make FFXI not only look more modern, but seem reinvigorated. Someone might give FFXI a chance if it looks like it's going strong, and a new UI makes it look strong.

The compromises we have to deal with from the PS2 just make it look dated and stagnated. Besides there is a valid argument to the content that they could give us without PS2. In fact, there are far less valid arguments to keep the PS2 than to ditch it. Most of the "keep it" argument are just people who don't like change, and I'd say 80 percent of them left because of Abyssea.

Besides, a second hand computer that can run the game at the same specs or better than the PS2 version is hardly anything. People that don't have a computer really can't argue very much on these boards as they aren't available on PS2 and so you kinda need a computer. FFXI costs 150 a year plus expansions give or take. To say that they can't afford a PC that low end, kinda means that they probably can't afford to be playing FFXI anyway. Their PS2 will fail eventually. Their hard drive on their PS2 will fail eventually. Every year the chance of failure for a hard drive increases about 10 percent or so. How much longer do most of those hard drives have left anyway? 1 year? 2 months? Some might last 5 years more years from now, but eventually they will all stop working and then what? They don't care because FFXI servers are shutting down, because they can't breathe enough life into the game, because of how hard it is to persuade people to spend their monthly fees of FFXI versus (insert competing MMO here)
    (2)
    Last edited by Nephilipitou; 04-28-2011 at 04:09 AM.

All i gotta say is, if you have no money to buy a pc or 360, then how are you posting on here? And if it's your workplace then you should be working harder instead of reading topics about a video game. Want more money work harder want less money stay at Burger King.
    (1)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Why should I buy another system,when I have a computer, a ps3 and a ps2. I like playing ffxi on my 46 inch hi-def tv. If se would upgrade to the ps3 , it would be ok for them to do away with ps2 support. I'd have no complaint, but I can't see buying anothet console just to play a game I've played since 2004.
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    In my case, I have a computer,a ps3&ps2. I prefer to play ffxi on my hd tv, which is 46 inch. I will not buy another system to play ffxi on my tv. I prefer playing on a consol,so if se would upgrade ffxi to the ps3, I'd be happy with that. I will not buy another system just to play a game I've played since 2004.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Spero View Post
    In my case, I have a computer,a ps3&ps2. I prefer to play ffxi on my hd tv, which is 46 inch. I will not buy another system to play ffxi on my tv. I prefer playing on a consol,so if se would upgrade ffxi to the ps3, I'd be happy with that. I will not buy another system just to play a game I've played since 2004.
    Nobody is arguing that you should be forced to buy a specific platform. They are arguing that development for a specific platform (PS2) needs to end. I suppose that subsequently you would need to buy a new platform but the new platforms in question are generally PC,Xbox360 or a PC.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Just an fyi, there is 30-42 inch hd monitors for pc. I currently play at 2560 x 1900. Also I am saying PS2 support really needs removed so the game can get a fresh rebuild and may attract people to return or purchase the game. Ps2 is like 20 years old. the way technology is today ps2 would be the atari 2600 of this era. I have no issues with 360, ps3 or pc users, why should we all suffer cause of people who want to hold back the future of FFXI.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast