Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88
  1. #11
    Nothing is infeasible, all they really need to do is release the game in ps3 format. I am almost 100% sure that most ps2 users have a ps3 or a pc or a 360. I even know people who no longer play cause they can't even find replacement hard drives or other items they need for ps2. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your gaming system. You will be much happier.
    (2)

  2. #12
    Player Octaviane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    530
    I do not have a pc or an xbox, nor do I plan on getting one. I do have a laptop, but it is for work purposes, not gaming. All you crybabies who have more money than sense need to realize that there are some of us who have larger priorities in life than buying/having/needing every system/game so you can be more of a couch potato than you already are, who whine because their account is suspended because they don't have the money on their CC to pay FFXI fees, those who have no jobs, can't pay bills, yet can still afford to buy and play games all day long, those whose parents foot all the bills, thanks, I will stick with my trusty PS2 until SE decides to stop support for it. Then what will happen is that you will all complain that xbox and pc's are holding back the game and so it will go on ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
    (1)

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    I do not have a pc or an xbox, nor do I plan on getting one. I do have a laptop, but it is for work purposes, not gaming. All you crybabies who have more money than sense need to realize that there are some of us who have larger priorities in life than buying/having/needing every system/game so you can be more of a couch potato than you already are, who whine because their account is suspended because they don't have the money on their CC to pay FFXI fees, those who have no jobs, can't pay bills, yet can still afford to buy and play games all day long, those whose parents foot all the bills, thanks, I will stick with my trusty PS2 until SE decides to stop support for it. Then what will happen is that you will all complain that xbox and pc's are holding back the game and so it will go on ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
    I'm retired I served my country and raised my family so it's time to enjoy my remaining years.
    (1)

  4. #14
    Player Twille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    290
    Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I fully support dropping PS2.
    (1)

  5. #15
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Probably a Vanadiel where people didn't beat this dead horse every week.
    (3)

  6. #16
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Nothing is infeasible, all they really need to do is release the game in ps3 format. I am almost 100% sure that most ps2 users have a ps3 or a pc or a 360. I even know people who no longer play cause they can't even find replacement hard drives or other items they need for ps2. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your gaming system. You will be much happier.
    And people think I'm a sanctimonious prick.

    Look, you may not have noticed, sir, but I would almost think that anyone who could upgrade, would.

    It's clear that you want to leave the better number of players, especially in Japan, in the dust.

    Facts are facts: Their preferred playerbase is Japanese, and it's largely PS2.

    Issue -- settled.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    I do not have a pc or an xbox, nor do I plan on getting one. I do have a laptop, but it is for work purposes, not gaming. All you crybabies who have more money than sense need to realize that there are some of us who have larger priorities in life than buying/having/needing every system/game so you can be more of a couch potato than you already are, who whine because their account is suspended because they don't have the money on their CC to pay FFXI fees, those who have no jobs, can't pay bills, yet can still afford to buy and play games all day long, those whose parents foot all the bills, thanks, I will stick with my trusty PS2 until SE decides to stop support for it. Then what will happen is that you will all complain that xbox and pc's are holding back the game and so it will go on ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
    It all comes back to the concept of the likes that they believe they are the only players entitled to play.

    They don't want us around.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Catsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cat!
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    All games eventually run their course--FFXI will be no exception. SE made the correct move in creating FFXIV in that you'll have a Final Fantasy game capable of so much more than SE was able to deliver with FFXI primarily due to the system constraints--(and please spare me w/ the ...oh but look at what happened to FFXIV)--we all know what happened with FFXIV but that's not the point of my post... anyway...
    ...any company deciding on dropping the support on a platform, which it was originally released for... (keep that in mind, FFXI was created for the PS2 and only later migrated over to the PC and XBOX360)... would be completely shutting out a significant chunk of it's consumer base.

    All-in-all this thread should be locked... and any thread suggesting such a thing should be locked. If you want an updated pseudo-version of FFXI, then look to FFXIV... if not please stop suggesting something you know, will never happen because it is "INFEASIBLE".
    It would be difficult to make this any more wrong. Many online services are thriving on old game sales. Droves of old MMOs are still going strong. FFXIV failed and might have taken FFXI down with it if SE didn't experiment with Microtransactions and a few pushes forward with their development.

    You should have seen FFXIV in alpha and beta. FFXIV tried to be completely different FFXI and tried it in an oldschool way. There was so much missing and so much that development refused to change that it is really no wonder why it failed so damn hard. The days where you can cling to an idea or mechanic that you think is awesome or sneak it into game and call it done are long, Looong gone.

    The community is partially to blame too. There is literally nothing stopping a PS2 user from moving to PC,xbox or ps3 besides their own stubbornness. They've had the better part of a decade to either upgrade their computer or get a newer console. No, it's not selfish or inconsiderate to expect them to either since the community as a whole benefits from a push to newer technology.
    (3)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

  9. #19
    Player xiozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San'doria
    Posts
    292
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    There is literally nothing stopping a PS2 user from moving to PC,xbox or ps3 besides their own stubbornness. They've had the better part of a decade to either upgrade their computer or get a newer console. No, it's not selfish or inconsiderate to expect them to either since the community as a whole benefits from a push to newer technology.
    This is a very very ignorant comment. You have no idea what the community's financial situation is...no one person possibly can... as such your point is completely lost and you should just stop posting... PERIOD. Anyone reading this type of comment can't possibly take you serious... and how dare you force your position onto others. As one person previously posted, he/she cannot afford to upgrade...end of story. So /palmface... I have no more patience to chastise you any further. THE END.
    (0)

    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

  10. #20
    Player Catsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cat!
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    This is a very very ignorant comment. You have no idea what the community's financial situation is...no one person possibly can... as such your point is completely lost and you should just stop posting... PERIOD. Anyone reading this type of comment can't possibly take you serious... and how dare you force your position onto others. As one person previously posted, he/she cannot afford to upgrade...end of story. So /palmface... I have no more patience to chastise you any further. THE END.
    Yes, how dare I assume that members of the community work for money, buy new things and hope for pushes forward in the games they enjoy.
    (2)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread