Character
    Dawnwarrior
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90

TNL Suggestion

TNL Adjustment

I was curious if there is an adjustment for our experiences points required to level coming after we hit level 99. At the moment it seems a little odd, in that we start jumping by huge amounts per level in the 60-70s, but then slow down again once we hit 75+.

Here was a way I thought it could be balanced out.

This keeps the overall experiences points required to hit level 99 the same, but adjusts the experiences points required to be more uniform between levels.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vandalhart; 04-23-2011 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Copy Paste Error

Character
    Dawnwarrior
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Sorry for deleting the old thread. I'm a forum noob and didn't know how to add tags to the other topic.
    (0)

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm not sure if I'd be pleased or not with this. On one hand you could level jobs to 30 or so (about where your TNL model requires more exp per level than the current model) quickly, but the low levels are perhaps too fast if that makes sense. 200 TNL from 1 to 2 is at most 2 mobs. More or less the same for 2 to 3. You'd go from level 1 to 10 in roughly 10 minutes I think, assuming you weren't using a new weapon, in which case you'd level quickly and suddenly find that you have no combat skill. I think the gaps in the later levels (75+) could stand to be greater. I suppose it doesn't really matter much. Abyssea has made me numb to main job exp. I'm sitting at 1 TNL on my main job with 20 merits and nothing to do with them until the next update.
    (0)

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    That's true, Abyssea does make exp basically a non-issue now... This model might have been a better idea pre-Abyssea. I do like the idea of an even tnl increase with levels, though.
    (0)

yeah...i'ts kind of a moot point with the introduction of abyssea. Even soloing via Dominion the exp comes pretty quick for the last 5 levels now (5-10% of your tnl as a bonus after every 5th kill). I expect it will be the same for the next 9 levels as well, especially if they continue with the current TNL increases.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Dawnwarrior
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Yeah, this was an idea I had back before we had the most recent XP adjustment so it may be not so great now. I thought I'd just post it to see if got any attention.
    (0)