Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Simple solution: Make it cast what you want to cast instead of silence. You have that capability.

My automaton doesn't ever cast silence on anything unless I signal to it to use enfeebles.
    you hack your AI bro? shit doesnt work that way.... if you have a light and darkness up or even any other maneuver other than wind once it lands that 1-2 debuffs than if the mob has MP; immune or not it WILL cast silence because silence is above everything else on the priority list.. maybe your just blind and dont see what your pets casting.. tho.. you seem to be blind about alot of things....
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nope, I don't "hack my AI." I just know how to use my automaton. Now stop insulting me or I'll report you for personal attacks- I will not allow myself to be defamed by you when you are attacking me baselessly. My automaton doesn't cast silence because I don't allow it to cast them. If it's soulsoother, I want cures, statusna and regen- I can make it do those things and not cast silence, and anyone can do that. On spiritreaver, all other spells are easily prioritized over enfeebles. The auto was fixed from casting silence on mob types without MP and that's enough. OF COURSE if you prioritize enfeeble, it may cast silence. Simple solution: Don't prioritize enfeebles! You HAVE CONTROL over this! If you have light or dark maneuvers up, the automaton should be casting cures, regen, na spells, dia, bio, or drain/aspir (depending on head). If it's casting silence under those conditions, then your automaton is broken and should be taken to the nearest authorized service provider.

You not understanding something, doesn't make me blind. I even went so far as to record a video of myself spamming ice manevers and onehsotting puddings to show that can be done. I know what I'm talking about. Do I really need to tape my automaton not casting silence? Or is most of the PUP population aware that you can prioritize certain spell categories?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-10-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Character
    Xanaduu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    i still get confused on maneuver combos sometimes though my auto hasnt casted silence on mobs in a while save for when i deploy w/o any maneuvers up. it may help to list what maneuvers / attachments ur useing to gain that amount of control though so it wont cause grounds for arguments or "personal atks", if some1 doesnt understand something, help em out @.@, if they make an "atk" at u... take the high road and explain what ur saying in better detail. not much else to say.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've already explained part of it, and this information is available at every major FFXI resource (copy/paste link in my sig for an example).

Spells cast by the automaton are grouped into categories of priority. What group is prioritized depends on maneuvers and the enemy's HP % (for instance, with the BLM head the automaton will always try to finish off a mob that's at very low HP with a nuke) or its own HP or the HP of you/your party members. Cures are prioritized by low HP and light maneuvers- light maneuvers with the damage gauge also raise the HP threshold for curing to make it easier to get it to cure. If not in the HP threshold but HP is not full, it will cast regen. if HP IS full, it should cast dia/dia II (if a dark maneuver is up, it should cast bio/bio II under those conditions, regardless of head)

Other maneuvers can prioritize enfeebles; the problem here, which I hope the other poster is alluding to, is the fact that you can't choose which enfeeble, except by having certain enfeebles on the mob already (which can't be done if the mob is immune, of course).

On BLM head, ice maneuvers prioritize (and generally enhance) nukes; however, the automaton will prioritize Drain if its HP is below 75% and Aspir/Aspir II if its MP is below 75% (In both cases, if the recast on those spells is up- besides the casting delay, the automaton has to wait the same amount of time as anyone else to cast spells)- this is the other sticking point among PUPs because while these spells are useful, there doesn't seem to be a way to override the aspir/drain priority.
    As with the whm head, you can get dia/dia II with light maneuvers and you can prioritize Absorb-INT, Bio/Bio II and (I believe) blind) with dark maneuvers.

The use of the scanner causes the automaton to prioritize specific nukes based on what it thinks will land the best, but this often causes the automaton to cast absolutely nothing instead if it thinks nothing will land, either due to immunities/resistances or low magic skill on the automaton.

At any rate, the point that I was getting at is you can avoid some stupid things like the auto casting silence when it won't work by simply prioritizing something else instead with maneuvers or HP/MP conditions. If you prioritize curing/regen/dia, it won't cast silence. If you prioritize nuking or the automaton's HP/MP is low or you prioritize other dark magic, it won't cast silence.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-10-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "My automaton doesn't ever cast silence on anything unless I signal to it to use enfeebles."

the confusion I think comes from this line. You don't signal it to use enfeebles, the whm head defaults to it, unless you signal for it to start with something else first. But, if you are full hp, or mob is below dc, you really can't do anything but have it cast enfeebles. Its then when you decide what enfeeble to start with first, silence, bio, dia, blind etc.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Exactly- so you either put up an appropriate maneuver, or, even simpler, do not deploy the automaton until it will cast what you want it to cast. This also gives you control over the timing of the cast. Don't have the automaton deployed when it doesn't need to be casting anything.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    that is where it would be handy if whm auto had ability to buff you. Make haste default cast instead of an enfeeble when you first deploy unless you put of a manuever for slow or silence etc. Defaulting to silence sucks.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    that is where it would be handy if whm auto had ability to buff you.
    Now that is what would be REALLY nice. But as I said, just don't deploy the auto until you need something, and you'll get what you need. The silence thing is really only a problem on NMs but it's still easily avoided by not immediately deploying.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Now that is what would be REALLY nice. But as I said, just don't deploy the auto until you need something, and you'll get what you need. The silence thing is really only a problem on NMs but it's still easily avoided by not immediately deploying.
    first id love to get reported it means I'm right because you don't know how to reply to what ive said <3

Also you shouldn't change your story to you can make it not prioritize to i just don't deploy because they are totally different things and the fact that we have to recall our pet would make this something I would like fixed.

also good for you for being able to nuke 1 time every min with full ice maneuvers bro not impressive in the least and still didn't disprove my arguments basic statement in the other thread. "pup cant out nuke blm"...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    also good for you for being able to nuke 1 time every min with full ice maneuvers bro not impressive in the least and still didn't disprove my arguments basic statement in the other thread. "pup cant out nuke blm"...
    You know, I almost pictured that exact sentence in my head before you posted it. You're just looking for someone to slander. You said if you spammed ice maneuvers you'd overload. I uploaded that video to prove to you that it can be done without overloading. Which I successfully did. When you can oneshot mobs with 6k nukes like a BLM, the time between them doesn't matter, the mob's already dead. None of my close friends play BLM for a living, so this comes in real handy. You can hate on it all you want, but it's still useful, and you're pretty much the only person here that has argued otherwise. You even post stuff you copypasta'd from the wiki to sound smart but then you still get it wrong. Every argument you've made on this forum has been given a valid counter and you just pretend you didn't see it.

Also you shouldn't change your story to you can make it not prioritize to i just don't deploy because they are totally different things and the fact that we have to recall our pet would make this something I would like fixed.
    There was no change of story. It's what I was getting at from the beginning. From maneuvers to timing to considering the status of the battle, there is a way to get the automaton to do what you want. Why are you even here complaining about it casting unwanted spells? You constantly speak against any non-DD use of the job, so you shouldn't be using mage puppets at all or you're a hypocrite. If you're using the healing head, you want healing. Why have the auto deployed and casting a spell you don't want when you could just wait til you need a spell and will get it? That's part of controlling your puppet.

Also, the fact that you're inviting and encouraging people to get angry with you and report you just proves that you are the troll. A troll is a person who posts something controversial or something otherwise intended to trigger a strong reaction from others and get attention for himself. And that's what you're doing. Therefore, to prevent this forum from being contaiminated with more nonsense, I'm going to deprive you of that pleasure from this point on. Good luck.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast