Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    Has anyone told Kingfury that emotes only work in the game? I want to stab my eyes out whenever I see him "/stagger"
    ----------------------
    lol I think I've responded to this comment before, but the simple answer is so long as I'm using them among folks that play FFXI, they work just fine here on these boards. They would make no sense at all to another gaming community that has a completely different set (or syntax) of emote commands, but everyone here on these boards know and understand them. Beyond that it's just personal preference when using/not using them outside of the game. For me, it's sometimes easier to just respond via the emotes I've used for the last 9 years when responding versus having to describe something in detail. I'm sorry the use of them agitate you so though...

-----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    They don't? /shock
    I am truly /staggered by this revelation.

Anyway on topic:

If anyone should get an aoe provoke, it's paladin, not warrior. Perhaps Flashga would be more appropriate, however.
    ------------------
    I agree with both of those suggestions for PLD actually, but would still want WAR to get an AOE Provoke too.

-------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    AOE provoke would be useful for nothing at all. Learn to supertank. Retaliations (and counters) don't put you on the hate list, so you can even kill monsters without getting on their hate list. If you want to build hate on multiple targets, Fell Cleave is going to be much more effective than Provokega.
    --------------------
    Yeah Supertanking is cool when certain situations allow it, no doubt, but even after the sexy Fell Cleave was birthed there are still instances where 1 or more of the monsters can be missed by the weapon skill (just one of those random things really) and dart off to the healer and cause the WAR to have to run around with 5+ monsters just to whack it back into the group, or cycle through the group to target it for a direct Provoke. That gets messy when you're dealing with lots of monsters.

Though there is the infamous "hate reset" garbage that burns my soul with a unique brand of hatred where even after you have spent a good weapon skill to the face of the monster and used a timely Provoke, things can still get messy. I personally wouldn't mind an AOE Provoke that could be a tad stronger than the 1st one to fall back on is all.

Are there ways around this problem, of course there are, but like I said they're just not as clean as a new Provoke would be most times if you're dealing with stragglers.
    (4)
    Last edited by kingfury; 10-11-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    After speaking to the development team about this, they confirmed that they're planning adjustments for a wide variety of weapon skills, which will include the break-related WS, too.
    ----------------
    Updated Weapon Skills
    A solo tear begins to well up in Kingfury's eye...
    I've been waiting for this update for years (literally), but it finally came. Can't wait to test out everything.
    (1)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-14-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33