Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Please Rework "FULL BREAK'S" effectiveness + other GA ws's like it DEV TEAM /wave

Hey Dev Team ^^/wave

Break Weapon Skills: The Problem
    From the moment I got access to this weapon skill years ago, to now, I've been greatly disappointed in the effectiveness of Full Break on monsters across Vana'diel. The supposed listed weapon skill effects "Lowers accuracy, weakens attacks and defense, and impairs evasion of target." had me very excited as a young WAR a couple of years back, but I'm sure nearly every WAR+DRK (non Full Break ws's for DRK) out there would agree that this weapon skill has very subtle/weak returns when using it.

GA's Design: The Cause
    GA's intended design as based on it's weapon skill list would constitute an enfeebling weapon that can equally cause some of the most powerful melee damage in the game. Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever seen a visible difference in "Lowered" accuracy, -attack/defense, or the evasion after using these ws's, and that just begs the question of, "can it be reworked?" The lower Break ws's inform us that the duration of the effect varies with TP, but increasing the duration of a super weak enfeebling effect doesn't really do much to excite the user. The only thing I can think of in regards to the inefficiency of these ws's is that their potential haven't been revisited since their introduction >< lol. The fixes would be rather easy in my thinking, and would just need feedback from players to adjust the power and balance of these ws's. I would love to be able to use the GA's intended design as an enfeebling weapon that can also break bones at high levels! ^^

Suggestions: The Solutions
    - Add new high level Job Traits that drastically enhance the potency of "Break" weapon skills.
    - Increase the potency of Break weapon skills based on GA skill
    - Multiple uses of the same Break weapon skill (Shield, Armor, Weapon, Full Break) on a target would stack to increase the potency and duration. A maximum amount of uses could be determined.
    - Add a new GA weapon skill ("Skull Smash" or something) that drastically enhances the potency of Break weapon skills.
    The Dev Team has reworked major systems in this game based on player feedback that called for progressive change before. So again, to reiterate my point, at the base of what I'm proposing, I'm calling for action to rework a system that is causing up to four ws's(and potentially more enfeebling ws's outside of GA) to be considered useless by a LARGE number of players. That is a real problem, and such a problem deserves attention. Thanks for listening /salute

Another possibility: Bolstering stats for party members
    -What if, after inflicting a set amount/percentage of a particular enfeeble at the point of striking a target with one of the 4 Break weaponskills, they then worked similar to how DNC's Steps function? For anyone that doesn't know about how Steps works:
    -Steps are used to enfeeble an enemy, while at the same time generating the Finishing Moves required to perform Flourishes. The enfeebling effects produced by Steps can be stacked up to five times. The more times an effect is stacked, the more powerful it becomes.
    Perhaps directly after you use a Break weaponskill, Armor Break for instance, the more you land successful melee hits on the target the more bolstered your melee damage would become. The ws would still cause some damage upon using it, but after inflicting the initial enfeebling effect, it would have a bolstering of stats effect so the concept of the enfeeble can become more apparent over time. It could still of course have a determined duration window of effect, but once it's effect duration has reached it's end and worn off the bolstered damage would also disappear. It could even have the "Defense down" effect animation added to each melee hit to the target similar to how most additional effect enfeebling weapons function. The same goes for the other corresponding ws's.

So then, Shield break once landed on a high evasion monster would see a percentage drop to it's evasion and improve Accuracy to the players over the course of the user successfully landing hits on the target. So this would bolster +Accuracy per successful melee hit to all party members within the area of effect.

-Weapon break once landed would see a percentage drop in Attack and improve -PDT% over the course of the user successfully landing hits on the target. So this would by effect bolster -PDT% per successful melee hit to all party members within the area of effect.

-And full break would be a drop to all 3 attack, evasion, and defense at the point of using the ws, then bolster damage, -PDT, and Accuracy per each successful melee hit to the target to all party members within the area of effect.

So perhaps you could still allow the current base enfeebles already in place with the ws's that are used to calculate set percentages upon 1st impact to remain, then allow the bolstering of stats effect to further make idea noticeable for all party members. This would create a new and "VISIBLE" way for these ws's to function. Plus all the current battle code could remain untouched since the ws's would now in essence be more of a "Bolstering to stats" set of ws's based on the way they would enhance the enfeebling concept.
    -------------------------
    Update*

This thread received an answer on page 24 from the Community Reps on 4-27-2011: Post 235

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    After speaking to the development team about this, they confirmed that they're planning adjustments for a wide variety of weapon skills, which will include the break-related WS, too.
    ----------------------------
    Update*(2014)
    Dreams do come true...you just have to be patient
    Updated Weapon Skills
    (8)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-14-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd go for scaling based on GA skill with a minimum and capped effectiveness. The damage of the WS themselves could use some love, as if a Break and following TP phase and stronger WS do not result in higher numbers than just using 2 of the stronger WS, it'll be a lost cause for a lot of people despite the potential utility in large group/alliance settings.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I'd go for scaling based on GA skill with a minimum and capped effectiveness. The damage of the WS themselves could use some love, as if a Break and following TP phase and stronger WS do not result in higher numbers than just using 2 of the stronger WS, it'll be a lost cause for a lot of people despite the potential utility in large group/alliance settings.
    I am agreeing with Seriha
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-23-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    agreed, not enough letters, etc
    ------------
    "letters"? Whatcha mean?
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    ------------
    "letters"? Whatcha mean?
    you need to say 10 letters or something, i dont like the retarded 11234567890 or w/e people do

fixed post
    (1)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-23-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    you need to say 10 letters or something, i dont like the retarded 11234567890 or w/e people do
    --------------
    ><; I'm still lost here! 10 letters in regards to what? /confused
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    -------------------
    Agreed. I wouldn't mind an increase in damage to these weapon skills, but even if we didn't get that and these became hard core enfeebling ws's their use would then benefit every DD in a group setting thus allowing for more damage over all. If everyone could see a clear drastic change in their damage over a duration of time, I'm sure Full Break would be the new request at the start of Zerg moments and heavy DD moments.

Since TP is so easy to build up these days, one could easily build a quick 100-200 TP to pop a Full Break and follow up with multiple powerful Ws's. The added plus is the damage spike would be felt party wide each time, thus making every DD in the party feel like a temporary superstar.
    (0)

Shield break was the shit until sturmwind, yo.
    (1)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Shield Break was the shit until Raging Rush, yo.
    FTFY.

-40 Evasion is powerful stuff, yo.

As a Red Mage, I can only wish that I got an enfeeble of that caliber, much less as early as you guys get Shield Break!
    (1)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    FTFY.
    -40 Evasion is powerful stuff, yo.
    As a Red Mage, I can only wish that I got an enfeeble of that caliber, much less as early as you guys get Shield Break!
    --------------
    Yeah but now we need the next level in that enfeebling power! ^^ Here's what the wiki quotes:

"Lowers attack and defense by 12.5%, evasion by 20 points, and estimated to also lower accuracy by 20 points."

I'd opt for tripling these values at least so Att and DEF would be -37.5%(or just a clean -40%), EVA -60 pts, and Acc -60 pts
    (1)
    Last edited by kingfury; 04-25-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast