Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Adjustments

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    3 min last resort without any gimping of it..drk is prolly gonna be broken outside of abyss, combined with a reduction of hp consumption by se, and it gets stronger the higher your level
    (0)

Character
    Therin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I have a feeling that DRK is now the best DD outside of Abyssea. Unfortunately, it's still mediocre inside.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    F#@%ing love it. Though I wish Drain II and Absorb-STR/DEX/VIT etc. would stack with Cruor Buffs. Regardless, I couldn't be happier with what we're getting as is.

Also, for those saying we're still going to be mediocre inside Abyssea, we should be taking this detail into account:

• VIT will play a role in calculating damage taken from critical hits.
    This might mean Crit WS could be getting a nerf. If that's the case then the spotlight will probably get shared with us in Abyssea. It's purely speculation at this point though, because it could be something else entirely.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 04-23-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Character
    Raesvelg
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selzak View Post
    The JA itself pulls a lot of hate, that's probably what you're noticing. Having the effect probably won't get you the attention that you think it will.
    1300 VE spike, I'm aware.

2-3k Torcleaver, followed by a lot of 1k+ crits in the resulting aftermath tends to pull a hell of a lot more hate than a single less-than-one-Provoke job ability.
    (0)

You can't say drk sucks anymore. Stop complaining.
    Now a well merited dark with muted soul5/5, desperate blows5/5,Last resort effect5/5, and Soul eater duration 5/5
    can do some great damage inside that minute and 3 minute time period.

The addition of a vit calculation WILL reduce crit hit damage in a lot of scenarios. So big + for drk.

i mean with war sub for 3 minutes on 2 minutes off u will have +50% atk (puts a lot of drks i know over 1k atk without food or temps or songs or rolls) +25% haste(50% solo with gear added in) +25 accuracy

and for 1 min on 5 minutes off u will deal 10-12% of ur hp as damage and have a -50% enmity reduction.

And so what if your survivability is crap with warrior sub. The healers have been bragging about their cure5/6 spammage. Let them put up or shut up.

The only thing u could possibly complain about with this update is the fact that there was NO mention about last resort scaling down as a subjob. But i doubt any wars would actually sub drk just for another 15% atk boost. They like their X-hits too much to lose sam sub i imagine.
    (1)

6. 04-23-2011 03:16 AM
    Reason
    nevermind

Through all the horrible trolls:

Quote Originally Posted by Afrohatch View Post
    DRK should be removed from the game, because no matter what SE does to buff it, you guys are going to whine lol
    Through all the lack of encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    yes scythe needs a boost the rest of you guys are fucking crazy tho.
    Through ALL of the pointless bickering among DRKs:

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Nothing like complainer DRKs complaining.
    Ladies and gentleman, I declare this day as a victory for Dark Knights everywhere.

When I started the original topic, I wanted everyone to come together and share our woes and hopes in order for SE to hear our demands. And you know what? They listened and delivered...in more than we expected!

Not only did we want a longer LR duration, it was the #1 request from all Dark Knights. We all even would have accepted a full minute! Two minutes was a dream! But guess what? They gave us 3!

To all of you who said we were pointless in requesting such a thing, to all of you who said SE would never listen to us, guess what...they did! They even STRENGTHENED what we originally asked for with an even longer duration than even we asked for. You know what that says? It says even SE knew it needed to be done. They wouldn't do anything that would unbalance the game. They say so all the time: "Keeping Game Balance in mind, we..." blah blah blah.

So, to all of you that supported me and supported Dark Knights everywhere, I say thank you. For those of you who only wished to keep DRK from getting the adjustments it so rightfully needed, I have one thing to say:

http://captionsearch.com/pix/pijobf4e8h.jpg
    (6)
    Last edited by Kagato; 04-23-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    My thoughts: Voila.
    (0)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We all need to learn to ajust to our jobs. stop thinking we can solo everything yeah DNC is a hybrid but whats the point they never use cures sambas or anything else. just ws so they are glorified thfs.

Love the drk abilites and am glad SE pays attention to the players if you dont like not being able to do everything your self GO BACK TO WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    Duration of Last Resort will now last 3 minutes and a new JA that reduces the Amount of HP during Souleater at 45.

What do you think, its a start.
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

I'm kind of curious to see how much this will affect new subjob possibilities other than /SAM. I'm sure /SAM will probably still be the overall best for DDing, but with a 3min Last resort and a reduced timer of 4 minutes, 10 seconds (assuming you were smart and 5/5 this), that's just a 70 second downtime between Last Resorts.

Since Job Ability Haste caps at 25% and 5/5 Desperate Blows reaches that cap, Hasso's haste pretty much becomes null. We'd essentially just be using Hasso for the +6STR and +10 ACC.

Then there's Zanshin, which is nice if we miss a swing, but anyone really find themselves missing enough times for Zanshin to be noticable or make a difference? I'd rather have Double Attack.

That basically leaves Seigan, Third Eye, Store TP, Meditate and Sekkanoki.

Still looks pretty good, but I feel like there's room for experimentation. I don't know about everyone else, but I kinda wanna see how DRK/WAR does again after this update.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    but with a 3min Last resort and a reduced timer of 4 minutes, 10 seconds (assuming you were smart and 5/5 this), that's just a 70 second downtime between Last Resorts.
    You will get way more damage out of 5/5 soul eater timer and 5/5 last resort EFFECT.
    Than u would off of any other combination of T1 drk merits. Not to mention a synergy of timers as everything would now be put at 5 min timer.

And yes Double atk+ agressor + berserk
    vs
    seigan/thirdeye+ Xhit + meditate + store TP + siegan

will definately be an interesting decision.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast