World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

PUPdate is a fail ;_;

Crit ws is fine but i hope there is more for us than what was said ;_;

4 new attach and no one is nearly similar to what we asked for years ;_;
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    one good attachments and a crit based ws. Only good from that. And the attachment are annoying elements forcing you to give up something. I can see me only equipping the new wind attachments.

WHERE ARE THE AI FIXES SE ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO KEEP IGNORING THIS FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Without the ability to 'choose' ws I dont really think adding a 4th was the right idea.

Not to mention none of those attachments seem that needed.

Burtts makes the fire one useless
    mm atma and DEA makes the ice one useless, not to mention it will only be used on nuker not white mage
    barrage is nice for the sharpshooter
    lightning is good for VE tanking, with burts and dark maneuver

I really wish the SS one was the crit though, not the VE, being as the SS is supposed to be the DD
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    Crit ws is fine but i hope there is more for us than what was said ;_;

4 new attach and no one is nearly similar to what we asked for years ;_;
    Ok, let's look and see what has been pro-offered:

# The following automaton attachments will be added:

Name Description
    Heat Capacitor A fire-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Erases all Fire Maneuver effects to restore TP.

***This attachment, as described, will allow your automaton to literally spam weaponskills...combined with the inhibitor, you're looking at multiple skillchain opportunities...combined with the Burattinaios---your tp is practically unlimited...combined with the Heatsink is pure win, for fire maneuver spams.

Power Cooler An ice-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Reduces MP cost in proportion to the number of Ice Maneuvers in effect.

****As well know, most of us use 3 Ice Maneuvers to increase the Magic Attack Bonus of our blm automatons... this attachment "should" allow a significant reduction in the amount of MP used per nuke---as a direct result, the automaton will ASPIR spam less often than before. D.A.D will always be used when doing the hate-less nuke strategy but with less mp being used per nuke... I'm loving this!

Barrage Turbine A wind-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Erases all Wind Maneuver effects to occasionally grant a Barrage effect.

***Barrage = Firing multiple shots at once... + Burattinaios... we're talking a whole new level of hurt...depending on how occasional the Barrage effect is granted, assuming you are using 3 wind maneuvers in order to capitalize on the Barrage Turbine attachement. I'm excited about this and curious to see how its implemented.

Galvanizer A lightning-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Increases chance of countering in proportion to the number of Thunder Maneuvers in effect.

***Valor Edge just got better---we're talk' combining this with the Burattinaios for Bone Crusher lock, and 3 Thunder Maneuvers up, with the Coiler and maybe, depending on slots available, the Dynamo for additional critical hit rate increase... can turn into a formidable buddy.

# The following weapon skills will be added for the Valoredge and Sharpshot frames:

Skill Name Frame Effect
    String Shredder Valoredge Delivers a twofold attack.
    Critical hit rate varies with TP.
    Armor Shatterer Sharpshot Delivers a fourfold attack.
    Additional effect: Weakens defense
    Additional effect duration varies with TP.

****All of the weapon skills sound like complete WIN... i'm curious to see how awesome a 4-fold ranged attack comes out...assuming it is a ranged attack...but since the ranged attack penalty was removed some time ago, it's always a good idea to have the sharpshot deployed within melee range anyway... of course with the Burattinaios equipped this isn't entirely necessary.

GREAT GREAT GREAT SE!!!! I look forward to the implementation.

****The player base is as unforgiving as always... you don't get what you want you cry... you get what you want but it's not what you want because you're always changing what you want.... you ask for something to be done, and it's implemented ...but wait, it's not the exact way you wanted it implemented, so you cry... more adjustments are made based on what the majority of the players want and some other players who are not part of the initial player base that cried, starts crying..... Moral of this story: You can please some people some of the time but not all the people all of the time.
    (8)
    Last edited by xiozen; 04-22-2011 at 09:55 PM.

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    First, they still didnt fix the AI issues.

If these attachments are 3 elements, they are useless because you have to give up a lot to equip.
    the fire one. this is exactly what will happen. Puppet has 100 tp, put up fire man for the dmg boost from the other attachment. But this attachment activates, erases the fire man, giving puppet 120 tp say, puppet ws, does less dmg. Attachment garbage for DD.
    (0)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Barrage is fail, because it eats maneuvers. :/ If it didn't do that it would be hot.

MP Reduction is great, but only outside abyssea.

Counter is great as well, although it sucks that it's lightning and not earth, fire, or dark, or even water, which all have other attachments that are defensive and commonly used on VE.

Fire one.... meh. Again, losing fire maneuvers sucks, and it also means you can't use flame holder along with it, not that it's that great, and you also give up some fire slots normally used for attack for this, which means you lose out on DoT.

As far as the weaponskills go, on the other hand. <3 Just wish that valoredge's weaponskill restored HP, and was actual HP restore and not drain, so that it would work even on undead.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Xiozen, you seem to be way over estimating this:

Fire Attachment sounds like:
    Consumes 1 fire maneuver to add 10 tp on deploy
    Consumes 2 fire maneuvers to add 25 tp on deploy
    Consumes 3 fire maneuvers to add 50 tp on deply

All of which are rather pointless since you will be giving up wind maneuvers for barrage or dark/lightning maneuvers for cannibal blade, and if you have burts your going to have 100 tp by the time you get 3 fire maneuvers up anyways.

Verdict: Total fail
    Suggestion: Change to regain
    0 - 3 fire maneuvers adjusts regain from 1 to 10

Power cooler
    Only viable for blm, and i cant stress how pointless that is. The blm is typically used for deploying with 3 ice up to nuke then deactivating, at best you use 2 nukes before you peel agro and have to deactivate before getting hit. If you use this with whm it will prioritize spells other then heals which you dont want, and cure vi would benefit far more for this then the blm does.

Verdict: Partial fail
    Suggestion: Should have been a light attachment.

Barrage
    No comment
    Verdict: Total win, stacks with other wind based maneuvers to enhance Sharpshooter. Only thing better would be if it didnt consume maneuvers

Galvanizer
    Only really good VE since you typically use SS with wind and VE for melee. That being said, it is a welcome tanking attachment and will go well with burts.
    Verdict: Partial win
    Suggestion: Only thing better would be if we could control pet WS, aka this with cannibal blade would be complete win

String Shredder
    Great in theory.
    Verdict: Depends, see suggestion
    Suggestion: Since Fire, Light, Thunder, and Dark already trigger ws this will be Ice, water, or wind. All of which make me so very sad since it will be harder to trigger since none of those are used with VE. I cant stress how badly we need the ability to pick ws.

armor shatter
    Seems to have potential. Wind maneuver is still free as a trigger, which would completely rock as the trigger, and at 4 hits were looking at 3-4k since armor piercer is already 2k.
    Verdict: Potential for complete win
    Suggestion: Will have to see how defense down compares to ignores defense, but again this will depend on the maneuver to trigger, again we totally need the ability to choose triggers for ws.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dfoley; 04-22-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Ok, let's look and see what has been pro-offered:

# The following automaton attachments will be added:

Name Description
    Heat Capacitor A fire-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Erases all Fire Maneuver effects to restore TP.

***This attachment, as described, will allow your automaton to literally spam weaponskills...combined with the inhibitor, you're looking at multiple skillchain opportunities...combined with the Burattinaios---your tp is practically unlimited...combined with the Heatsink is pure win, for fire maneuver spams.

Power Cooler An ice-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Reduces MP cost in proportion to the number of Ice Maneuvers in effect.

****As well know, most of us use 3 Ice Maneuvers to increase the Magic Attack Bonus of our blm automatons... this attachment "should" allow a significant reduction in the amount of MP used per nuke---as a direct result, the automaton will ASPIR spam less often than before. D.A.D will always be used when doing the hate-less nuke strategy but with less mp being used per nuke... I'm loving this!

Barrage Turbine A wind-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Erases all Wind Maneuver effects to occasionally grant a Barrage effect.

***Barrage = Firing multiple shots at once... + Burattinaios... we're talking a whole new level of hurt...depending on how occasional the Barrage effect is granted, assuming you are using 3 wind maneuvers in order to capitalize on the Barrage Turbine attachement. I'm excited about this and curious to see how its implemented.

Galvanizer A lightning-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Increases chance of countering in proportion to the number of Thunder Maneuvers in effect.

***Valor Edge just got better---we're talk' combining this with the Burattinaios for Bone Crusher lock, and 3 Thunder Maneuvers up, with the Coiler and maybe, depending on slots available, the Dynamo for additional critical hit rate increase... can turn into a formidable buddy.

# The following weapon skills will be added for the Valoredge and Sharpshot frames:

Skill Name Frame Effect
    String Shredder Valoredge Delivers a twofold attack.
    Critical hit rate varies with TP.
    Armor Shatterer Sharpshot Delivers a fourfold attack.
    Additional effect: Weakens defense
    Additional effect duration varies with TP.

****All of the weapon skills sound like complete WIN... i'm curious to see how awesome a 4-fold ranged attack comes out...assuming it is a ranged attack...but since the ranged attack penalty was removed some time ago, it's always a good idea to have the sharpshot deployed within melee range anyway... of course with the Burattinaios equipped this isn't entirely necessary.

GREAT GREAT GREAT SE!!!! I look forward to the implementation.

****The player base is as unforgiving as always... you don't get what you want you cry... you get what you want but it's not what you want because you're always changing what you want.... you ask for something to be done, and it's implemented ...but wait, it's not the exact way you wanted it implemented, so you cry... more adjustments are made based on what the majority of the players want and some other players who are not part of the initial player base that cried, starts crying..... Moral of this story: You can please some people some of the time but not all the people all of the time.
    without new slot for attachment or new elemental slot capacity and not knowing how much elemental slot this new attachments need (and i bet 2-3 is a given) al of this new attachment are probably useless

not talking about the fire manuvers -> chimera ripper (if the new ws is not fire too and have high priority)

yes, having new toys to play with is cool...but there were other issue to be resolved first (imho)

and the pup playerbase is far from whining...and it seems to me we all agree to some point like the ai fix
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Unless SE decides it's necessary to allow more attachment slots on the frames or increase the number of elements each frame may allocate---we'll have to make some sacrifices. I personally have no problem with that. If someone can explain why you feel it's necessary to have everything you had before in addition to what has been added... that doesn't make sense to me.

Even now you must make sacrifices to equip our automatons'; not enough ice maneuvers, ok... remove something and add something else to compensate for the loss. The addition of these new attachments is really no different than anything else we already have to do... we make sacrifices in order to equip our automatons...

What this really boils down to is... Player A has gotten "use" to using his/her automaton a specific way... albeit, mage frame, ranger frame or other... Player A gets new attachments to play with from SE... Player A is "SHOCKED" that the new attachments means, he/she can't attach his/her favorite well used attachments... so Player A is confused as to how Player A can incorporate the new attachments AND keep his/her favorite well used attachments in play... OH BUT SHOCK... Player A can't keep all of the attachments Player A is use to keeping because Player A's automaton doesn't have enough slots... so, Player A grumbles and spits fire in frustration that SE delivers such "Trash"... Player A is upset because Player A doesn't want to go back to the basics of assembling his/her automaton again... Player A considers it too much work...

Adjusting is never easy...get over it. As you learned many, many levels ago to work with what we're given and MAKE IT WORK... you'll do the same with this new combination... that's all it is, additional attachments to be "COMBINED" with our automaton to create a new way to play. Experiment and have fun doing it.... don't knock it until it's implemented... try to stop passing such negative judgment prior to implementation.
    (4)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    but there were other issue to be resolved first (imho)

and the pup playerbase is far from whining...and it seems to me we all agree to some point like the ai fix
    The key word, you mentioned ...is fix... it doesn't make sense to me to include a "FIX" in an update announcement. SE has a history of "fixing" issues but not annouceing such fixes in these types of announcements. We're assuming the AI correction isn't being addressed primarily because it's not being announced. I believe enough of us have spoken about this issue and SE is already aware... why whine about something that is so glaringly obvious.

I suggest waiting until post-update to determine if a fix has been implemented "Ninja-style"...
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast