Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

15+ " WS range failed , so they call it range attack ???

Dear SE,

You gave us a Ranger with ranged attack, who miss WS at range .......

Could you please extend the limit to WS a bit further, loosing TP because of a quick 15+ WS. make the job so .......... so so......... you know what i mean.

So will be nice to get an extension to WS range please, do you rng agree ?
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    This reminds me of the time doing Dominion Ops and staying at max WS range from the dolls in Altep and when a Black Mage took hate and he steed out of that I'd lose my precious TP. D:
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Think they want it at this range so you can take an aoe to the chin for pure giggles. We're pretty frail so we should be able to ws from even 20' (how far can war ws from? lol why are they even able to ws from over 10'???).
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    Think they want it at this range so you can take an aoe to the chin for pure giggles. We're pretty frail so we should be able to ws from even 20' (how far can war ws from? lol why are they even able to ws from over 10'???).
    Get Voracious Violet, Drifter and Stout Arm and use Refulgent Arrow instead of Sidewinder (it doesn't have the Accuracy penalty). With some good STR atmas it does more damage than Sidewinder at 100% TP despite the lower damage multiplier because it has a 60% STR mod vs Sidewinder's 25% AGI 16% STR.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    you do know range ws have different ranges right?

I do not know what "15" or "20" means I use no 3rd party tools but the ws have different ranges

blast arrow is like point blank range, then sidewinder is longer, then you have Empyreal Arrow that can outrange sidewinder.

I think spellcasting is longer then any range ws, then the actaull range attack ( shoot arrow) is even longer then player spell casting distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    that is one ws and it is not even that good, it is like qqing over cannonball.

also bst can use it:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mistral_Axe
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-23-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

iirc this whole sweet spot stuff was an intentional nerf of ranger about 6 years ago because they were out-damaging blm by a wide margin (the then highest damage class-after ranger). SE has never to my reccollection repealed a change they made, they just fiddle with stuff to un-nerf the job until they get something acceptable. Beast was destroyed as a job for almost 2 years to kill off MPK. Drg used to do just STUPID damage, but you could only get a new Wyvern every 2 hours, etc. Good luck on this change.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    years ago we'd sit at mobs with a dagger or two and swing between shots if timed correctly. The main issue was really those kraken guys though as archery and str was on their side. so now with gun adjustments keeping them in melee range it makes me wonder why archery didn't get a bigger boost...

rambus there's no QQ here my point was that other jobs got a ranged ws and they can sit just outside most aoe ranges but a job with range in mind may often have to step into range. i havent tested the distance as my windower is a bit broken and i cant see yalm distance but i remember anything over 15.0 yalms was a bit screwey at bird camp or maybe i just had bad flukes happen.

also thanks for the tip atomic_skull i really havent tried messing around with that yet ws and 60str... lol i should pay attention! it looked like another blastshot ws which rng normally ignore o_O my main goal is jishnu's radiance but i will keep that in mind the next time i do abyssea
    (0)
    Last edited by Fyreus; 04-28-2011 at 06:11 PM.

15.8" is the maximum distance for most ranged WS. 17.7 is the max range for detonator/empyreal arrow.

And yeah it does sort of defeat the point of a ranged job and being able to stay outside of AoE range because a lot of mondters AoE TP moves generally reach 20" away.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I dislike how some mobs post 80 now have larger aoe ranges >_<
    (0)