Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Too easy!

Player

Too easy!

While I appreciate everything you are doing to the game to make it more enjoyable and fun you are making it way too easy. Everything now a days is higher drop rates, higher drop rates, higher drop rates. Hey lets increase seal/card drop rates in abyssea so every one can have them in 1-2 days. What happened to taking time and patience to aquire the best of the best? Every single post I saw on the Q/A were complaints that drop rates were too low and you (SE) are feeding right into people's lazyness. While I understand that certain mobs were not dropping properly and needed to be fixed lets not go overboard and think that is an end all solution to maintaining a player base. Bring back the original FFXI and give us some challenges and by challenges, yes I mean difficult to kill monsters (which we have some of) and the challenge of testing people's patience like the original FFXI MMO was.
    (0)

What do drop rates have to do with difficulty? Do you want real difficulty, or fake difficulty?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    What do drop rates have to do with difficulty? Do you want real difficulty, or fake difficulty?
    Reread what I said; I believe I answer that.

Edit: On a side note what is "real" difficulty or "fake" difficulty. If fake difficulty is patience and persistence to achieve one's goals(low drop rates) then is that not real?
    (0)

4. 03-08-2011 11:58 PM
    Reason
    Removed due to inflamatory content.

wtf? not every1 has lots of free time or want to dedicate much to getting seals, stones and cards. easy is good since there are many other stuff to do in life other than ff.
    (0)

There are still plenty of difficult to kill monsters in the game. Especially if you don't insist on having the best setup and proper numbers. Is there an NM that requires a whole alliance to kill? Not really, but was that really what made things difficult?
    Certainly even though Aby NM's aren't as likely to wipe the party, I find I'm definitely thinking more through the fight than I would in a Kirin zerg. Paying attention to proc messages. Watching for magic and physical resistance on the NM's. Stunning certain TP moves and -gas. THe system is far more fun than the old zerg or gtfo strategies of old.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdogg View Post
    Reread what I said; I believe I answer that.
    You were inconsistent. You started out complaining about the increasing drop rates, then jumped over to harder fights.

I agree we need some more challenging fights, like rani/shinryu (except maybe outside abyssea, where brews are not available, or else maybe something in abyssea that would still be difficult even with everyone spamming brews). However i don't see a problem with higher drop rates.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    You were inconsistent. You started out complaining about the increasing drop rates, then jumped over to harder fights.

I agree we need some more challenging fights, like rani/shinryu (except maybe outside abyssea, where brews are not available, or else maybe something in abyssea that would still be difficult even with everyone spamming brews). However i don't see a problem with higher drop rates.
    I didn't "jump" over to harder fights I merely gave another example of the ease at which the game is. I also do believe I state that we already have difficult mobs. No inconsistencies there.

You don't see a problem with higher drop rates but I do. We both have our opinion.

In regards to Sp1ce, you're right not everyone has time due to RL myself included. I however do not believe the goal of an mmorpg is to "have it now". Take the time, play 2hrs a day, get your gear over a slightly longer period but enjoy the challenges (yes I said challenges) and reap the rewards of something that has taken effort(time) to do.
    (0)

Player
    Time does not equate to difficulty, it's just more time. If you really want difficulty, increase the monster health and damage output so it's actually harder to fight for your drop.

I actually like increase drop rates and the more the devs can increase, the better. Time sinks != fun
    (0)

10. 03-09-2011 12:27 AM
    Reason
    Removed due to inflamatory content.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Time does not equate to difficulty, it's just more time. If you really want difficulty, increase the monster health and damage output so it's actually harder to fight for your drop.

I actually like increase drop rates and the more the devs can increase, the better. Time sinks != fun
    Time may not directly equate to difficulty but as a whole package it is all relative.

I commend you and the one ore two others that gave opinions about the thread topic instead of flaming my opinions. It makes for a more productive thread if there can be a general "vote" about the feeling of which the original post was about.
    (0)

Character
    Xairos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 91
    Higher drop rates won't mean getting a seal each Dom op or quest. And to add to what sp1ce said, the ultimte goal is to have
    reward be equal to effort.
    I would not have them change the drop rate IF we could filter what drops for the player (I.e. I will only see smn seals).
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast