NPC Ajitham not reacting to trade?

Sometimes when trading 300 gil to this NPC for warp to Whitegate he doesn't do anything unless you click on him again then his text starts flowing. This was on PS2 version haven't tried it on PC.
    (0)

Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Some NPCs haven't been responding on initial interaction, and trading seems to have the same issue. Is it only Ajithaam who does this for you? Mostly it's Abyssea-related NPCs that have this problem with me. I'm on PC version.
    (0)

Nope no problems in Aby. The one Bastok rent choco npc doesn't seem to freeze you anymore. The porter storage moogle doesn't freeze you anymore either unless it's really rare now.

Ya I can trade 300 gil to him a dozen times and he does nothing until I click on him to get his "Oh hey thanks here's your warp"
    (0)

Is that NPC the one in upper jeuno? if so I would imagine that it is because of the congestion in jeuno because of abyssea, after SE puts NPCs in the starter cities I would try again, if it works the problem could be a server side programming issue on the allocation of resources.
    (0)

Character
    Latka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i'm sitting here froze trying to take asuran fists quest thank god this game is free because i would be extremely pissed two times now i have tried to log the quest and both times i have froze god i love how all these little bugs go unfixed
    (0)

I've had this problem in Bostok chocobo stables NPC, aht urgan warp guys in jueno and in bostok Tenshido sales NPC also seen this with abyssea NPCs.. I usually think my system is freezing up only had this prob with my PS3 though which I haven't had any probs with the PS2
    (0)
    (A)-GERM