One of the luckiest guys in FFXI? (Excluding anyone who just got a Dring)

So you know how much of an a-hole kirin is. Not through the difficulty to farm his pops (althouth I maintain Seiryu is still a very difficult mob to duo Thf+Whm. I've only managed it once), but through his desire to not drop W.legs!

So After farming two sets up (thank you SE for making gods drop 2 kirin seals now!) and waiting for my LS to hold an event, we have 3 pops. The first was my friends (because SCREW YOU POTS!). Treause pool has one item: W.Abj. Legs. Next are my two pops. Second has W.Abj.Legs and K.osode. I take W.legs obviously and give osode to my friend. However, slow passing, plus not paying attention, I drop to wild card the bard's troubadour, realise wlegs haven't dropped, wait for re-invite to main ally but too slow, w.legs lost. That's pretty shitty luck. Especially concidering I'd previoudly wiped to seiryu in another attempt at Thf+Whm duo the previous day (I want to HQ my Crimson Hands). That was horrible, he Dispelling Wind'd my shell, then followed up with an Aeroga III, doing 500~dmg (even in Thf's 23% MDT set) and immidiately followed with Deadly dive, killing me. All in 15 seconds. Anyway, as you can see, I've not had great luck the last few days. So I'm feeling pretty shitty now, especially as losing the last wlegs was my own damn fault.
    Pop again, kill again. W.legs drop again. W.legs, pole and s.cloth. Success. How lucky is that?

Last time I farmed a kirin set to pop with the ls all I got was 2 s.cloth. No osode, no aby, no nothing. Back then they were like 10k. I was pretty pissed. But now with everyone fapping over whm, s.cloth sells decently too! Tonight, even through my failings, was a good night!
    (0)

Player
    Cool Story

(Bro >_>)
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sounds like the kind of luck that I have most of the time.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    Cool Story (Bro >_>)
    What? Forum full of bitching messages to devs that wont get read? Thought some change would be ncie.
    (0)

Player
    This forum isn't your personal blog,Live journal of Facebook High school reunion page.... The phrase "Cool story bro" has never had more of need then in this topic right here.
    (1)

lrn2rd.
    General discussion forum. Not a bitch and feedback only forum.

Reading is hard I know.
    (0)

TEAMcat 4tw.

(I assume you're a member of TEAMcat from your avatar)
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Gallus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm not one to chew someone out, nor do I care to make an argument about what I'm about to say. Heck, I just clicked on this thread to find a story and I'm certainly not clicking on it again to read the further replies. That said, this is definitely LiveJournal material here and is really just taking up space. What's to discuss? "Lawl guys I goofed and still got drop" "Omg how lucky! how'd you do it!?" "I dunno hahahaaha!!1" I'd hate to find any General Discussion forum turn into a bunch of threads like this. That said, I'm glad it worked out for you and wish you all the best. I've burned myself with simple goofs and it always sucks.
    (0)