Thread: Drop Rates

Drop Rates

Hello everyone, and welcome to the new FFXI forums I hope you're as excited as I am.

I want to have a little discussion about drop rates (also I didn't see a suggestions area :P)

I think some changes are needed for drop rates on certain items. I can understand good gear being very rare, I won't dispute that (though I would love to get my hands on a kraken club). What I have an issue with is none gear drops, namely tier 4 spells.

The other night I spent 4 hours farming Aero IV with a 90 THF before it finally dropped. Total time farming Water IV thus far has been 8 hours, still no drop (again with the 90 THF).

I don't feel that 2 people should have to invest a full day to getting a single spell. Drop rates like this are a bit uncalled for in my opinion. Maybe I'm just impatient, but 8 hours is a long time to invest. Like I said before, I could understand if it was gear, but spells are considered a necessity to play the job. Gear can be replaced, spells cannot.

Yes I understand I can go farm the gil to buy it, but that's not the point of this thread :P

How do you feel about this?
    (0)

Yes I understand I can go farm the gil to buy it, but that's not the point of this thread :P
    Why not? It seems like a valid solution to me.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Why not? It seems like a valid solution to me.
    I'm using that as an example of how some drop rates are just horrid for no real reason.
    (0)
    And remember kids, being selfish is a virtue.

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's the challenge that makes the success feel so rewarding.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

I could see that, but slaughtering quadav isn't really a challenge :/
    (0)
    And remember kids, being selfish is a virtue.

Character
    Lowkey
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 90
    Doing tedious, and repetitive tasks over, and over, for hours on end, is not challenging. It's autism.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai View Post
    It's the challenge that makes the success feel so rewarding.
    Here here!

Stop adjusting drop rates on every item because people want it now! You spend gil when you want items now. This is FFXI not WoW. This is an MMORPG not an FPS. This is you waiting for mommy to cook dinner not running to the fridge because you have to eat now.

Point being is that the game is supposed to take time and effort to achieve the goals we want.
    (0)