Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Black Belt items [dev1009]

this seriously sucks. i was having no luck with getting a black belt already. now it has been made impossible without doing ksnm 99, which i really really did not want to do.
    (1)

I Don't wanna go through all the things i typed out, But I'll paraphrase.

get friends.

If you can get even 4 friends to help you, You can do the KSNM99 5 Times (you +4 of them).

KSNM99's drop BB Items, So while you build pops for the "NQ", you have a shot at your BB item.
    **Also note, the SE update say "At least 1 will always drop" implying 100% chance of "upgrade", but also chance of more than 1 pop item per KSNM/Faf/beh/etc

So now you can pop Faf/etc 5 times back to back, and according to the notes, get 5 pops for King guy. then pop King guy 5 times back to back.

Do you see what I'm getting at >.>? basically with just you and 4 friends, you get 10 chances at a Black Belt item in 1 sitting. Its a lot better than it sounds, It just requires friends to help. Most people i know have been sitting on hundreds of kindred seals (because frankly most KSNM's suck for gil these days)... But if yours don't i can understand how upsetting it must be :|
    (5)

What he said ^.

For anyone who was using KS99s to get BB items in the first place, they basically gave you a "Second Chance" now. Each time you do a KS99, you also get a pop for Fafnir, which drops a pop for Nidhogg, which has some % chance at dropping a BB item.

In reality, this greatly increases the drop rate of BB items for players who do KS99s for them. The people who had their drop rates shot are the ones who were camping the HNMs for them, but I'm not sure how many people actually camp HNMs and don't have BBs at this point. For people unable to claim, this works out better anyways.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There's already multiple threads for this, lols.

And @Karbuncle, most people, including myself, are simply irritated that they attempted to fix a problem, but created a more common problem.
    Getting outclaimed on NQs is something that eventually works itself out.
    Gathering people to do KSNMs where you're likely the only one receiving anything worthwhile, is a bit more tedious.
    It may be a less stupid system in general, but the idea still remains stupid.
    (4)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    There's already multiple threads for this, lols.

And @Karbuncle, most people, including myself, are simply irritated that they attempted to fix a problem, but created a more common problem.
    Getting outclaimed on NQs is something that eventually works itself out.
    Gathering people to do KSNMs where you're likely the only one receiving anything worthwhile, is a bit more tedious.
    It may be a less stupid system in general, but the idea still remains stupid.
    Never said it was a perfect Solution, But its better than 21-24 hour NM. I may be in the minority, But I'm sitting on at least 5 KSNM99 orbs, and thats just me, not including friends :|
    (3)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Never said it was a perfect Solution, But its better than 21-24 hour NM. I may be in the minority, But I'm sitting on at least 5 KSNM99 orbs, and thats just me, not including friends :|
    My group has plenty of KSs, and plenty of time to do this. It's not about me wanting an easy mode, because for my group this is actually easier.
    However, they intended to bring us a solution with this update, and while some things were solved, some problems still exist and more were also created.
    Previously, a lucky MNK could get claim on Adamantoise, get the BB item and be done.
    Now you're forced to do the annoying ass KS99, which is much MUCH more annoying to kill, and obviously impossible for a MNK to solo. It'd be pretty difficult to get a PUG for this too, as I'm pretty sure most would simply fail, and those that would succeed would probably not want to do this at all, since there's not much in it for them other than helping someone they probably don't know.

So yeah, technically this is easier for anyone who has friends and KSs, however it's simply a stupid idea for a solution.
    I wouldn't be against it at all if this was the original system, but it's not, it's a terrible attempt to fix something.
    (1)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Again, its not a perfect Solution, But I think Its enough that I'll have a Black Belt within a ~month of the update :X

So its a positive for me, But i can understand how its not for everyone. absolutely.
    (0)

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    This just cracks me up to no end. SE gave all the "newer" mnks exactly what they asked for, along with people in the general threads about making xp outside abyssea useful again, and y'all are still crying.You wanted hnms claims, more hq claims, you got em. You seriously didn't expect SE to just hand this to you did you? My god they hand out +1/2 like candy now and going to make that even easier. Quit complaining and enjoy the fact that instead of 1 shot per day at the item you can now have many shots at it.
    (4)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

i cant wait for all the people to wipe to nid / KB and let me claim it. as a monk with black belt this update made me laugh so hard. its like kids begging SE for a cake and when the cake isnt the flavor they want they still complain.
    (4)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Henihhi View Post
    This just cracks me up to no end. SE gave all the "newer" mnks exactly what they asked for, along with people in the general threads about making xp outside abyssea useful again, and y'all are still crying.You wanted hnms claims, more hq claims, you got em. You seriously didn't expect SE to just hand this to you did you? My god they hand out +1/2 like candy now and going to make that even easier. Quit complaining and enjoy the fact that instead of 1 shot per day at the item you can now have many shots at it.
    Say what? They gave us nothing of what we asked for. We never asked for this to be easier. This has nothing to do with XPing outside of Abyssea either.
    You don't show the slightest bit of intelligence with this post.
    They made an annoying method of gaining a job specific item, a different type of annoying.
    When they told us they were going to solve the problems with HNMs, we expected lower respawn timers [as 24 hours for these things is simply ridiculous, this is the only game I can think of with such respawn times on anything.], not this.
    Sure, it doesn't harm me in the slightest. This doesn't mean SE made a smart move.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast