Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Player

[Dev 1009] Force Pop HNM's FTW

[dev1009] New Trigger Conditions for Notorious Monsters

* [dev1009] New Trigger Conditions for Notorious Monsters

o Trigger conditions for following notorious monsters will be adjustedto spawn by trading specific items to the “???” in the respective area.

Fafnir / Nidhogg: Dragon’s Aery
    Behemoth / King Behemoth: Behemoth’s Dominion
    Adamantoise / Aspidochelone: Valley of Sorrows

- The ”???” will respawn a minute after the battle is over.
    - The NM will despawn if unclaimed for 90 seconds at the spawned location.
    - The feature wherein the level of these monsters will increase after battling them for a period of time will remain unchanged.

o How to obtain the trigger items:

Fafnir: Treasure from “Early Bird Catches the Wyrm”
    Nidhogg: Treasure dropped by Fafnir
    Behemoth: Treasure from “Horns of War”
    King Behemoth: Treasure dropped by Behemoth
    Adamantoise: Treasure from “The Hills are Alive”
    Aspidochelone: Treasure dropped by Adamantoise

* At least one of these items will be dropped in every battle.

o The treasures dropped by the following notorious monsters will be adjusted as follows:

Fafnir : Wyrm Beard removed
    Nidhogg : Drop rate of Wyrm Beard decreased
    Behemoth : Behemoth Tongue removed
    King Behemoth : Drop rate of Behemoth Tongue decreased
    Adamantoise : Adamantoise Egg removed
    Aspidochelone : Drop rate of Adamantoise Egg decreased

-----

I think this is a much needed update..

whether or not hnm's use to be challenging or fun is a moot point now..

they are super weak and its annoying having to camp NM's at all hours of the day for black belt items...

The decreased drop rate is also a good thing to keep the black belt semi rare...

Who knows maybe D-rings will become more common now too..

I just wish i hadn't blown all my kindred seals already trying to get black belt items.. would have been nice to try for a d-ring ^^

Hopefully they add an alternate way to spawn these NM's after a time when people have calmed down with spamming them...

Maybe let you get a free behemoth / adamantoise / fafnir trigger once a week/month like on an enm timer

Overall I very much look forward to this update ^^
    (7)

Inb4 people complain how they can't kill KS99 turtle for a shot at the egg for BB lol
    (2)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Honestly, I was all for forced pop, but the way this is setup seems terrible.
    (11)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I for one think this is the worst thing they could possibly do.
    The HNMs need to be less annoying to camp, not more annoying to pop.

Making them pop spawns and all is fine, however now you're REQUIRED to do the KS99, which is harder than the NQ spawns, to get a drop that may not be 100%, to pop the NQ version and get another drop, that may also not be 100%, to pop the HQ and hope for the BB item, which is assured to not be 100%.
    Worst update that they've hit us with in a while.
    (19)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

I think this is perfect. It's basically everything the Anti-Abyssea-Exp crowd has been asking for since these forums started. Want a reason for people to actually EXP outside Abyssea from 40-75? Make 3 Kings require Kindred Seals, which only drop off of Mobs from level 50-80.

Now no one can ever say that the Devs don't listen. They heard everyone's complaints loud and clear, and gave the players exactly what they asked for. Reap what you sow, etc~
    (14)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Maginmartin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    SE, have a rethink of this update, perhaps make HNMs more like ENMs? Time restrict the pop items per person to say once a week/2 weeks etc. Yes, then drop drop rates for the BB items, as LSs can fight the mobs that many more times.

But don't give us a pain in the arse method of obtaining a pop item.
    (3)

Player
    I'm not too concerned with overcrowding myself..

The drops aren't that spectacular from ground kings anymore.. with the exception of D-ring >_>

They all die super fast also.. give it a month or two and people will burn up all their excess kindred seals.. then it wont be so bad...

It would be nice if there was an alternate means to get the black belt items besides the kindred seals ...

maybe an ENM or let you get a trigger for the NQ hnm's on an enm like timer.
    (0)

I for one think this is the worst thing they could possibly do.
    The HNMs need to be less annoying to camp, not more annoying to pop.
    You still camp them?

Looks good to me, the items they drop are still good and BB is still the best item for that slot. For how rare/good the items are anything else linked with a force pop system would of been stupid. Good addition imo, far more faf/nidd will still be killed than previously.

Everyone complained about easy mode, so you get what you asked for. Decent amount of effort and work for top tier items.

It would be nice if there was an alternate means to get the black belt items besides the kindred seals ...
    Every player does not and has never had the right to obtain every item, Abyssea gave people the wrong idea here. If you can't do this open to all system why should they give a baby method, if anyone think this gear good enough to try to get them it's top tier and should be treated as such.
    (2)
    Last edited by Runespider; 04-20-2011 at 04:46 PM.

KS99s were a joke of a fight at 75, they are stupidly easy now at lv 90. More like people don't want to farm mobs for KS cause they already used theirs seals.
    (3)

Character
    Kunihiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    99 Kindred's Seals is a little extreme, especially since most of the gear dropped by these mobs are obsolete. For people who don't have thousand's of seals at their disposal, this method is popping is much slower than where it stands now.
    (4)

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast