Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

[dev1009] Seriously.... how could you make the HNM system worse...

This is probably the worst way to go about it. I get wanting to limit the amount of spamming of these HNMs but seriously you are making doing these HNMs exponentially difficult to do partially because of the fact that most high level players are no longer obtaining Kindred Seals.

Also are the trophy items being removed from the KS99 BCs? Do the NQ Kings drop HQ King pop items all the time (ie 100%)? All of this on top of making black belt harder to get by taking away the 100% from the HQs.This system is so convoluted now - pop-HNM are worse. Is there any upside? Will Ridill and Defending ring and Abj. be 100% now?

Am I the only one who find this unacceptable?

Edit: On the note of seals and farmablity;
    a) You can only have 1 KS in the pool per party in an alliance (Approx 1 every 5 mins)
    b) This pool is shared with High KS and Kindred Crests
    c) Assuming one gains all the possible KSs and it drops every time, it takes 8hrs 15mins to gain 99 KSs...

Edit #2:
    Another problem is going to be just getting people to do the KSNMs... nothing about this changes offers anything - we need to pray for altruistic friends. If I really wanted an egg I could have solo'd Adam - with this change I'd have to pray and beg people for help and to achieve anything. Forgoing all the gd running around we'd need to do...
    (20)
    Last edited by KigenAngelios; 04-20-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: So much to say....

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Did you actually read the post? They giving us the ability to fight these way more often. You can farm KSs really really easily. Whether any people with fight anything other than King Behemoth will remain to be seen.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    Did you actually read the post? They giving us the ability to fight these way more often. You can farm KSs really really easily. Whether any people with fight anything other than King Behemoth will remain to be seen.
    That doesn't mean shit... Who has the time to sit and farm KS's off retarded mobs to get people to drag them out to a KS99 to kill for a pop to pop a NQ to pop an HQ to do that all over... At least the time was spanned over HQ/NQ days. People cried about 3hours... congrats spending even more time trying to get a pop for a effing HNM that's going to be 10x more pain in the ass to get an item off of.
    (13)
    Last edited by Snaplin; 04-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Character
    Chaani
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Good game SE, this ranks right up there with relieving Abyssea congestion by adding seals to the visions zones.
    (0)

Character
    Gadanae
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaani View Post
    Good game SE, this ranks right up there with relieving Abyssea congestion by adding seals to the visions zones.
    Umm.... not trying to be a jerk here but how does it cause MORE congestion in Abyssea zones when MORE mobs are being added that drop the items?? What we have is congestion now..... I personally hate having to basically fight for mobs for seals. Sorry, but what you are saying here is preposterous in my opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Chaani
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadanae View Post
    Umm.... not trying to be a jerk here but how does it cause MORE congestion in Abyssea zones when MORE mobs are being added that drop the items?? What we have is congestion now..... I personally hate having to basically fight for mobs for seals. Sorry, but what you are saying here is preposterous in my opinion.
    Because said congestion is for contested mobs involving empyrean weapons turning Gukumatz's spawn area into Dragon's Aery circa 2007. But sure I guess you're right, maybe now I'll have one or two less full pink dancers camping Gukumatz.
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaplin View Post
    That doesn't mean shit... Who has the time to sit and farm KS's off retarded mobs to get people to drag them out to a KS99 to kill for a pop to pop a NQ to pop an HQ to do that all over... At least the time was spanned over HQ/NQ days. People cried about 3hours... congrats spending even more time trying to get a pop for a effing HNM that's going to be 10x more pain in the ass to get an item off of.
    If you have 6 people spend randomly 2 hrs farming KSs you'd have a pop approx every 2 hours 45 minutes (this being double the base time because I'd assume you'd get Bst seals too.) Being that's a 100% pop for NQ and HQ I'd say that's not bad at all. Seriously if you have problem with that then you're probably in one of 2 camps. You want everything handed to you on a silver platter or you're a lazy ass botter who enjoyed spending NM windows watching cartoons while waiting for your bot or your LS mates' bot to claim.
    (3)

Player
    If you have 6 people spend randomly 2 hrs farming KSs you'd have a pop approx every 2 hours 45 minutes (this being double the base time because I'd assume you'd get Bst seals too.) Being that's a 100% pop for NQ and HQ I'd say that's not bad at all. Seriously if you have problem with that then you're probably in one of 2 camps. You want everything handed to you on a silver platter or you're a lazy ass botter who enjoyed spending NM windows watching cartoons while waiting for your bot or your LS mates' bot to claim.
    Cool so I can spend 2 hours farming, gather for the NMs kill the KS 99, to pop the NQ to pop the HQ at a "chance" of some lower drop rate shit? On top of LS events and my already mile high "To-do-list" Instead of planning my time around an HNM and get stuff before,after and in between windows. Forgot Since I don't like this spawn BS i'm a botter or just want stuff easy right? Try harder everything is already "easy" all they did was make it more of a pain and time consuming.
    (3)
    Last edited by Snaplin; 04-20-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaplin View Post
    Cool so I can spend 2 hours farming, gather for the NMs kill the KS 99, to pop the NQ to pop the HQ at a "chance" of some lower drop rate shit? On top of LS events and my already mile high "To-do-list" Instead of planning my time around an HNM and get stuff before,after and in between windows. Try harder.
    I see you're in the second camp. Cry harder now that you can't just sit on your ass waiting for you to luck out on getting gear. Also read the post only BB items drop rate is being reduced.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]

The NMs are not seriously camped (well, KB is a different story) right now. It is much easier to get the ToD by searching the zone from time to time or afking there while you are at work than sit there in some brand new time sink. I have helped a few friends camp the NMs for the BB. There is generally one or two people there, and it is a simple process that is not as bothersome as farming KS.

The NMs are camped for D. ring, BB items, and maybe the occassional THF wants some N. Abj. gear. The rest of is is worthless crap. Stuff like Zenith feet were next to worthless at 75 too. Given SE's track record with the lame augments too I can not imagine them being anything special. Even if they were it be a lot of work for some sidegrade piece of equipment.

(4)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 04-20-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast