Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Capgames
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    I think you'll find, Arcon, the new system is a lot worse. Not only do you have to farm seals for 8-10 hours, but in addition to this you have to find the motivation to do it. That's going to be the hard part.
    if you cant motivate yourself to do it then imo you dont deserve the final item. granted you can pay the gil to get it, being the easy way out, but as i said if you cant be assed to motivate yourself you dont deserve it
    (1)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    fail fail fail.... if u dont have 99 K seals and a regular trustworthy group to do them with your screwed....
    i prefer to play with a nice small group of 3-4 friends and most of these NM's are able to be camped with this nice small group.... why not just reduce the spawn times
    not like hnm's even bother with these camps anymore anyways why mess up something the normal person / group can finally farm ... at 90 who wants to sit around for 9 hours farming seals when can be camping nm's doing magian trials etc....
    (1)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Wow. Just wow. Really, the fact that now you don't have to compete with HNMLSs anymore has everyone complaining now? I'm glad they did it like this. Is it worse then before? In a sense, yes and no. Yes in the sense that its harder to get because you need to get 99 KS > NQ > HQ for a chance at BB item (since it seems that is all everyone cares about). No in that you can slowly work up to it instead of being forced to wake up in the middle of the night for window, or missing out on the item cause you cant make it during its day time pop. No more competing with HNMLSs. And to the people who complain about the reduced drop rate of BB items, you do realize the item in question is undisputedly the best belt in the game? The items SHOULD be hard to get. So really, just suck it up, and farm the KSs (which as some people have said, is not that hard) and eventually you will get it.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    with a 90 you could go to Monastic caverns and pick up enough in about an hour.
    Try it and you'll quickly see why this doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    if you cant motivate yourself to do it then imo you dont deserve the final item. granted you can pay the gil to get it, being the easy way out, but as i said if you cant be assed to motivate yourself you dont deserve it
    That's your opinion. My opinion is you don't deserve it if you can't beat a challenge. Mindlessly collecting 99 items that drop every 5min at best is not my idea of a challenge, it's just tedious, as is every single trial out there. It's a system that was designed to stretch out FFXI's lifetime by endless monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    if u dont have 99 K seals and a regular trustworthy group to do them with your screwed....
    i prefer to play with a nice small group of 3-4 friends
    While, in general, I agree with your sentiment, I'm guessing you can also do KS99s with a group of 3~4 people by now. I didn't try since level 80, but even then it was a lot easier.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Capgames
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Done turtle KS99 at lvl85 and destroyed it on ~4-6 mins its not all that hard now, that was with 10 mages and 2 DD
    (0)

Character
    Donwu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    This isn't a bad idea. Everyone complains and cries about the amount of people who have aby-burned all their jobs to 90. aby-burn to 90 = no KS. The number of people who are getting BB items and are skilling H2H in the dunes is ridiculous. I was actually asked by a 90 THF the other day how to get to the boyahda tree. I remember trying to compete against some botting jerkoff for KB on Remora just to make an ATTEMPT at getting black belt items. It's a countermeasure put in place to force you to interact with the game outside of abyssea. How is that a bad thing? I for one don't want to have to play WoW in a ffxi format. Putting some time and effort into something isn't that big of a deal. If you have the time to camp the HNM, then you have time to get 99 KS, which btw you can get in terrigan without getting any kindred crests. Not too hard. Just makes the NM's obtainable by people who don't work a job irl then get fired to draw unemployment and camp.
    (0)
    99 SAM, DRK, THF, SMN, RDM, MNK, RNG, WAR, BLM, NIN, COR
    90 Caladbolg 90 Armageddon

TeamShortBus on Leviathan - Good helpful fun no matter what level you are! Helping take peeps from gimp to pimp! YES! All 7 players on Leviathan!

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    why not make it so it pops sooner? really waste ur time farming 99 k seals to camp a NM that used to spawn for free...
    there been times recently where behemoth and KB have just been sitting there and people havent killed it for a while on my server this only fixes the QQ of the monks

too us old timers who have done all our jobs to 75+ before abbyssea and love the fun of the camp which was the initial ideas of ffxi just now contours to the WOW QQ babies

why not just have it so u trade 99 kseals to npc get pop item and go do ur thing double fight with bunch people u don't know or like ain't too fun for me
    (0)
    Last edited by ShadowHeart; 04-21-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Character
    Chaani
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadanae View Post
    Umm.... not trying to be a jerk here but how does it cause MORE congestion in Abyssea zones when MORE mobs are being added that drop the items?? What we have is congestion now..... I personally hate having to basically fight for mobs for seals. Sorry, but what you are saying here is preposterous in my opinion.
    Because said congestion is for contested mobs involving empyrean weapons turning Gukumatz's spawn area into Dragon's Aery circa 2007. But sure I guess you're right, maybe now I'll have one or two less full pink dancers camping Gukumatz.
    (0)

Character
    Badtaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Donwu View Post
    This isn't a bad idea. Everyone complains and cries about the amount of people who have aby-burned all their jobs to 90. aby-burn to 90 = no KS. The number of people who are getting BB items and are skilling H2H in the dunes is ridiculous. I was actually asked by a 90 THF the other day how to get to the boyahda tree. I remember trying to compete against some botting jerkoff for KB on Remora just to make an ATTEMPT at getting black belt items. It's a countermeasure put in place to force you to interact with the game outside of abyssea. How is that a bad thing? I for one don't want to have to play WoW in a ffxi format. Putting some time and effort into something isn't that big of a deal. If you have the time to camp the HNM, then you have time to get 99 KS, which btw you can get in terrigan without getting any kindred crests. Not too hard. Just makes the NM's obtainable by people who don't work a job irl then get fired to draw unemployment and camp.
    I have leveled all my jobs before abyssea but I also used up most of my KS before in various KS99s and since abyssea (the only content that matters right now) I have gotten no KS. Abyssea already being a huge time sink with farming seals, +2 items, and emp weapon items there just isn't time to work on farming other mobs too for KS.

Camping an HNM is a lot less time investment than farming KS. Once you have the tod for an hnm you only have to pay attention for ~1 min every 30 mins for at most 7 windows. In between (as I am sure most people do) you can do other things be it crafting or doing something else more productive outside of the game. Forcing people to have to spend hours to farm one KS99 pop, then time to gather a group to kill the KS99 is a much greater time sink than just camping for a few hours a day. While it may make it more convenient for some people, it is a real pain to others that are just trying to obtain the item they want in a reasonable timespan.

I think the general idea for this is a decent idea (possibly make it easy to buy BB items) but the use of KS make it poorly implemented. Maybe if you could get pop items from KC bcnms as well as KS99s it would be more worthwhile especially if they want to use synergy to make this old gear worth getting again.
    (1)

As I used to say. SE are finally getting down to those suggestions sent in 2004. I'm sure poppable Fafnirs were plentiful then.

Personally I think it sounds like another SEA. A system you'll notice is just not worth doing until they update it.
    (0)

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast