Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalrune View Post
    Pretty sure that implies that the kings will pop unclaimed. Boy what a fun voke fest that will become. Why bother camping or seal farming when you can just steal someone else's pop?
    Really? You really just posted that? Troll.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    First, I'll start with the point that S/E has mentioned it is looking at adding an item that is something akin to the BB. So, this may change the desire by Monks to fight these mobs in the first place. I would add though, that just like the other previously hard to get gear, the current BB should get the same treatment as things like Byako's Haidate where you can upgrade it to a degree.

Secondly, the drop rate for the BB items has been lowered on the King version. Since the old rate was 100%, I'm going to assume that it would not be an abysmal drop rate. Since, you could achieve the same thing by doing the BCNM in the first place. If the BCNM still drops the items also, then it means you fight 3 mobs for 2 chances at the item.

Finally, it does seem like kind of a weird path to pop these nm's. First, to a BCNM. Then, travel to a zone.

Also, I'm guessing when you pop it, the nm pops claimed. It wouldn't make sense to have it pop any other way.

People were asking for a system that allowed them to get a chance at the Kings. Now you have it. And, you can have a chance to purchase the items like the old days. Watch for shouts in Jueno for the BB items on sale. Undoubtedly, groups of people will do these to sell the items for gil, just like the old days when the HNM shells had to make the claim then shout for buyers who bothered to show for the windows. On top of that, the bonus to the shells is that they don't have to watch stuff drop to the ground because no buyer was in the zone. Now, the shells can gather up their buyers and head to the zones.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Do the sensible thing, make the pop items drop off of darters/valley manticores/elementals for Faf, Adaman, Behemoth respectively. Low drop rate similar to that of Ullikumi pop item in Sky.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Farming for a solid 8 hours (and this assumes optimal drop rate on Kindred Seals - as we all know, nothing is optimal in this game) for a chance at a D. Ring, given it's known drop rate - not bloody likely.
    Waiting for 24 hours for it to pop seems unlikely too, but people did so.
    (0)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think the biggest issue with tis is the work of camping the monster in a 3hr window for the item is relatively little. the work to kill a KS99, Kill an NQ and then kill the HQ is a little much for the chance at a belt item or a dring. I could see a justification in doing this if they increased the drop rate on items like riddle and dring and spiar. or if they added better items to the KS99s the NQs and like I said upped drop rates on the HQs. This does seem like an excuse to make people spend more of their time farming kindred seals that drop with a shared value and a unique value in the treasure pool with four other items, which are just as useless, after this update they'll be more useless. I wouldn't complain if I could take say 50 crests or 10 H crests and get a 99 orb, that'd be equa effort as camping in my opinion. keep in mind this is coming from someone who's camped KB for 8 months straight without seeing a D ring drop, no job no school, 24/7 LS.

I'd rather camp the NQs with the mnk, solo them on my mnk (less fafnir, solo that on pld) then take a whm or something else along for the HQ window or ask them to show up.

final note I HOPE THEY GIVE US BETTER ITEMS OR BETTER DROP RATES ON THE NONE BLACK BELT ITEMS WITH THIS OR IT WOULD SEEM MORE OF A HASSLE THAN ITS WORTH TO DO IT MULTIPLE TIMES FOR ONE MONK.

also, the dan go black belt, will require a black belt, enjoy~

they could include a 100% drop to this for the voidwalkers or w/e, at the moment it still doesn't seem worth it

they should also give us like a 5% drop rate like that ACP item off normal mobs and give us a 25% drop rate off the monsters in zone (TH not affecting)
    (1)
    Last edited by Juilan; 04-20-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Do the sensible thing, make the pop items drop off of darters/valley manticores/elementals for Faf, Adaman, Behemoth respectively. Low drop rate similar to that of Ullikumi pop item in Sky.
    Now this is what I was hoping they would do!
    (1)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    this change is really lame.. espeically the fact that se is removing the bb items from the baby versions AND decreasing it on kings... wtf se? should have just left it alone at that point..
    (2)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Its good to see that other people realize that the Effort =/= the Reward on this system
    (0)
    Last edited by KigenAngelios; 04-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Farming for a solid 8 hours (and this assumes optimal drop rate on Kindred Seals - as we all know, nothing is optimal in this game) for a chance at a D. Ring, given it's known drop rate - not bloody likely.
    As it is right now, I have no chance at a Defending Ring (except for Bonanza maybe). And this new system doesn't sound like a small chance, it sounds like an incredible chance, or at least an incredible improvement in overall drop rate. Right now there's what, 1 Defending Ring a year? What are the chances of you obtaining it? This may require 8 hours of effort, may even require 100 hours of effort, it would still greatly improve your chances. 100 hours to get a 5% chance for the drop, compare that with right now, ~100 hour average spawn (optimistically speaking), 50% claim chance (as if), 5% drop rate, 20% lot chance (vs. 4 people.. as if). That means you'll get a Defending Ring after roughly 20,000 hours. Assuming this new system takes a 100 hours effort (farming + KS99 fight + several NQ fights, which is still a pessimistic estimate), 5% drop rate, that's a Defending Ring after 2,000 hours. Even with these ridiculous estimates, the new system is 10 times better than the old. And you don't have to lot against others, because everyone can bring their own trig. No outlotting, no claimwars, that will increase your chances drastically.

The only thing I dislike is farming stuff for countless hours, personally I prefer lazy camping, even if there's less chance of obtaining an item. I'm a bit disappointed that the countless of anti-grinding threads, especially promoted by Abyssea, seem to have fallen on deaf ears at the development team. I can even see BB items increasing in drop rate, unless the new drop rate is incredibly low (like 10% for or something).

I would prefer that also, but if you think about i, people would be claimbotting those 24/7. Would be worse than ground kings pre-Abyssea.

In any case, unless the new trigger/item droprates are really low, it should increase the drop rate overall. It may be more annoying to obtain, but it's faster and easier, and not as many frustrations for getting outclaimed after camping for three hours straight for three days.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What I see in every one of these threads is 3 types of people:

1) People who look at each change and decide whether the change is good, bad, or not really either.

2) People who aren't satisfied unless the game reverts to the way it was pre-Abyssea, complete with all the ridiculous roadblocks

3) People who want to log in and be given level 99 on all jobs, plus all their equipment, and all quests, missions, and mobs must be solo-able (a slight exaggeration)

It pretty much means that not matter what the change, there will be mass whining from at least one group. Because, the extreme ends of the spectrum will not take the time to look at each change for both the positive and negative aspects.

At this point, I'm all for any change that makes the two extremes cry out in pain at the same time.
    (1)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast