Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Susake View Post
    This is stupid. I can almost guarantee that 2 months from now Fafnir and the other kings will only be popping once a week because no one will have KS anymore.
    It won't be from lack of KS. It would be from lack of interest. I remember many Desert Storm runs because people cared enough to go out and farm seals. Two groups of people will be popping the Kings: Groups of people who want the drops and Groups of people who have buyers and want to sell the drops.

If people are smart and belong to one of the above groups, they will start farming seals now.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

This is stupid. I can almost guarantee that 2 months from now Fafnir and the other kings will only be popping once a week because no one will have KS anymore.
    Its just as likely they won't be popped due to people already having the items they need/Lost Interest, as it is they won't pop for not having any Kindred Seals.
    (0)

If their loot pools aren't updated then chances are nobody will care once they get their defending rings or whatever it is they think they need. If they are updated people will be grinding seals like mad and by the 2 month mark we should be seeing update previews again. On a side note kings and other NMs already wander around for hours sometimes days before people take them out.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Player
    While a... glance? in the right direction, I really can't find myself agreeing with this new solution. While its true that people who felt had a 0% chance at getting DRing or BB before now at least have something they can do to obtain said item, I still think the bigger issue is Time/Effort =/= Possible Reward.

More importantly, and this is what I noticed most people have overlooked. It was mentioned a while ago, but no one seemed to either care, or take note:

How to obtain the trigger items:

Fafnir: Treasure from “Early Bird Catches the Wyrm”
    Behemoth: Treasure from “Horns of War”
    Adamantoise: Treasure from “The Hills are Alive”
    * At least one of these items will be dropped in every battle.

Nidhogg: Treasure dropped by Fafnir
    King Behemoth: Treasure dropped by Behemoth
    Aspidochelone: Treasure dropped by Adamantoise
    The pop item for the HQ versions are not 100%. This is currently, the biggest flaw, and my biggest gripe. If SE wants us to spend 8~10hrs solo grinding KS, just to watch NQ King quite possibly NOT drop his HQ pop item, then they have another thing coming. Considering they've removed the rewards from the KSNM, and lowered the drop chance on the HQ version, then seriously, what the friggin' hell?

I completely understand the need for "grinding" things out. Afterall, this game is an MMO, and being a rather old game, not to mention an Eastern game, its littered with time-sinks and grind-fests. But seriously, that last bit is just a slap in the face. If I'm about to invest 8~10hrs to farming 99KS, and hopefully not bashing my face against my desk before that, then I think its only fair that I'm rewarded with the knowledge that I'm at least going to see KB, or Aspid, or Nidhogg, even with the reduced drop rate. But according to what I'm reading, that isn't the case.

I really hope I'm wrong. But until then, there's just no way that the amount of time and energy it even takes to possibly get a King to pop, is worth it. While it may have lacked the... dedication, or challenge (to some folks), keeping track of ToD and when a King popped last was MUCH easier than the amount of work we'll have to put in now. Not to mention that the old system gave you a lot more time to do other things outside of its ToD, to further progress your character in a variety of different ways.

I'm not a total advocate for the old way, although it does bring back some bittersweet memories of my old HNM LS days, I actually do think having a pop system can work. I just think the balance between this new way, and the old way, is completely off. It's not even close.
    (2)
    Last edited by PoaSign; 04-21-2011 at 07:39 PM.

They didn't even bother confirming whether or not BB items will still drop from the KS99's, which I can only assume that they no longer will in this new, HNM-LS only solution. Thanks again SE for chasing more players away from the game, it's no wonder you have to keep resorting to server merges with these dumb ideas you come up with that you never ask your players if it's something they want.
    (2)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\
    Make a wish, I promise nothing bad will happen.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by darkShirou View Post
    They didn't even bother confirming whether or not BB items will still drop from the KS99's, which I can only assume that they no longer will in this new, HNM-LS only solution.
    You can assume the opposite as well, which you should. They only mention adjustments, if it's not mentioned it probably won't be adjusted. Also, nothing about this is HNMLS only. KS99 can be done (and have always be done) by normal LS, even shout parties, with success.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    maybe they are changing the drops in the ksnm 99 and the nihdogg drop items cause its too hard to make new NM's and no place to put them ... re-skin cheat lol
    it was only broke for the monks who wanted their BB NOW for abyssea!!! lol
    if they just left it alone until new areas outside abyssea came out monk would become negligent again ... i remember countless people not leveling monk because no one wanted them until they were 60+ but we know how trend jobs go ask all the sams out there or back in the day when drg was insane...
    (0)

Character
    Foxywolf
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought was a really bad idea. To make us farm KS which have a crappy drop rate to do a KSNM which you need to gather people which is not a easy task to to get a pop for a mob you can solo is just plan wrong its like a taking 30 steps backwards I don't know what they were thinking with this update. if anything they should have made the NQs pop more often and gave them a low drop rate on pop for the HQ HNM and kept item drop rate the same as it is now. or just leave it as it is just don't make it 3 times the effort for no reward.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by PoaSign View Post
    While a... glance? in the right direction, I really can't find myself agreeing with this new solution. While its true that people who felt had a 0% chance at getting DRing or BB before now at least have something they can do to obtain said item, I still think the bigger issue is Time/Effort =/= Possible Reward.

More importantly, and this is what I noticed most people have overlooked. It was mentioned a while ago, but no one seemed to either care, or take note:

The pop item for the HQ versions are not 100%.
    That may or may not be a problem if the drop rate is something reasonable like 50%. Plus you forgot to comment on that red text, it reads "at least one of these items will be dropped in every battle.". If I understand this correctly we might see 2 or more triggers drop from fights.

I still don't see why anybody is up in arms about this announcement. Are there really that many people out there that are pining for really old gear? Does anybody realize the current respawn rate on these monsters is an entire day and that Kings are a rare spawn from that? Furthermore does anybody understand that with current gear,jobs,merits that these monsters are a minor inconvenience compared to when they were first introduced?
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think making this NM pop with an items is not as bad as it may looks, the problem i see is that many are complaining on the seals used, why not ask SE to change the KSNM99 to a new one method, I'm sure many if not all players are storing lots and lots of Kindred Crest an H.Kindred Crest, using this to teh BCNM to get the pop item would be better and this way we solve the problem on seals, I know many players still goes for beastmen and kindred seals farm but if the problem is that this drops are shared with other two that drops more often why not give it a use?
    (0)

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast