Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    For all people could know that drop rate might be like 50% off the HQ. That and they aren't removing the BB items from the KS99s unless they aren't mentioning that.
    SE has been known to skip minor details, usually on accident.
    It's possible that they're removing it from the KS99 too, but it's also possible they'll remain.
    Even assuming so, my group just did 5 or 6 turtle KSNMs the other day and didn't get the BB item. Plus, we also kinda wasted seals now that this system will be in place and we'll no longer be able to camp the real turtle.

Another thing to note is that we aren't sure what the drop rate of the pop items are. For all we know we could blow 99 KSs and not get one. Or we could blow them, get one pop, kill the NQ, not get an HQ pop. Same route, and HQ doesn't drop the BB item.
    Overall they tried to fix a problem and caused another one. They should have left it alone.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    How to obtain the trigger items:Fafnir: Treasure from “Early Bird Catches the Wyrm”
    Nidhogg: Treasure dropped by Fafnir
    Behemoth: Treasure from “Horns of War”
    King Behemoth: Treasure dropped by Behemoth
    Adamantoise: Treasure from “The Hills are Alive”
    Aspidochelone: Treasure dropped by Adamantoise

* At least one of these items will be dropped in every battle.
    Read the post >.<

At least one every fight. Hell that could mean you might even have potential for multiple pops dropping from 1 KS99. People need to stop crying over something that might not even be as bad as you think. No matter what way you look at it you will get pops faster than the old system. The time spent to get a BB will probably be about the same amount or less time to get unless your server has no competition to get HQ Kings.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orson; 04-20-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you have 6 people spend randomly 2 hrs farming KSs you'd have a pop approx every 2 hours 45 minutes (this being double the base time because I'd assume you'd get Bst seals too.) Being that's a 100% pop for NQ and HQ I'd say that's not bad at all. Seriously if you have problem with that then you're probably in one of 2 camps. You want everything handed to you on a silver platter or you're a lazy ass botter who enjoyed spending NM windows watching cartoons while waiting for your bot or your LS mates' bot to claim.
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]

The NMs are not seriously camped (well, KB is a different story) right now. It is much easier to get the ToD by searching the zone from time to time or afking there while you are at work than sit there in some brand new time sink. I have helped a few friends camp the NMs for the BB. There is generally one or two people there, and it is a simple process that is not as bothersome as farming KS.

The NMs are camped for D. ring, BB items, and maybe the occassional THF wants some N. Abj. gear. The rest of is is worthless crap. Stuff like Zenith feet were next to worthless at 75 too. Given SE's track record with the lame augments too I can not imagine them being anything special. Even if they were it be a lot of work for some sidegrade piece of equipment.

(4)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 04-20-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I see you're in the second camp. Cry harder now that you can't just sit on your ass waiting for you to luck out on getting gear. Also read the post only BB items drop rate is being reduced.
    The point some of us are trying that some us are trying to make is that they are making these HNMs a near finite resource. Based on the math it takes 8hrs 15mins to gain 99 KS assuming you get every KS every time you could (KSs have a chance to drop only once ever 5mins and share a possible pool with KC, H.Q. KC, and BS) There is no level that you can only get a Kindred Seal (i.e. there will always be a shared pool). Coupled with the fact that Abyssea (i.e. high level mobs) make getting a Kindred Seal very rare also hurt us. Yes you can farm 8hr15mins+ solo on optimal KS farming mobs... but this is no where near equivalent to waiting 3hrs or so for a mob to spawn. Not even having a guaranteed drop means that the path to these items (incuding bb items, ridill-esque items, and abjs) means the effort heavily outweighs the reward which is bad game design at its best/worst.
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Read the post >.<
    I missed that, thank you.
    We still have no idea how severe the drop rate decrease on the HQ's BB item is. If it's similar or less than the old NQ BB drop, ugh.

[EDITED] Made a mistake in reading again.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

I agree, this adjustment to these HNMs is much worse than anything they could have done.

I was excited when I heard there would be adjustments... I assumed lower respawn timers, maybe 9-12 hours. Instead, we get this shit.

Now, if this trigger system was added to supplement the current world spawn system, it'd be epic. Keep the camps for people willing to camp, and triggers for people willing to farm. Instead, it sounds like it will replace the current world spawn, which is just awful.

I am disappointed... this is easily the worst news we've had in a LONG time.
    (6)
    Sovereign of Diabolos
    http://www.etherealls.com

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Hey, I remember you from years ago. You were/maybe still are on that joke of a site calling Killing Ifrit. If you are going to sit there and say people want things handed to them or that they are botters try not being more retarded than Terri Schiavo.

Anyway, thank you for proving once again how I hope the dev team does not read these forums and take people here seriously.

If you think six people want to actually spend 3 hours camping Kindred Seals then you are simply a moron. The NMs are not seriously camped (well, KB is a different story) right now. It is much easier to get the ToD by searching the zone from time to time or afking there while you are at work than sit there in some brand new time sink. I have helped a few friends camp the NMs for the BB. There is generally one or two people there, and it is a simple process that is not as bothersome as farming KS.

No one wants to sit there killing lesser colibri like a mindless idiot.

Just a news flash to people too the Ridill and things are worthless. The NMs are camped for D. ring, BB items, and maybe the occassional THF wants some N. Abj. gear. The rest of is is worthless crap. Stuff like Zenith feet were next to worthless at 75 too. Given SE's track record with the lame augments too I can not imagine them being anything special. Even if they were it be a lot of work for some sidegrade piece of equipment.

That being said, I love this game, but I think there are some weirdos on the dev team and a bunch of morons in the community.
    This^^

Quote Originally Posted by KigenAngelios View Post
    The point some of us are trying that some us are trying to make is that they are making these HNMs a near finite resource. Based on the math it takes 8hrs 15mins to gain 99 KS assuming you get every KS every time you could (KSs have a chance to drop only once ever 5mins and share a possible pool with KC, H.Q. KC, and BS) There is no level that you can only get a Kindred Seal (i.e. there will always be a shared pool). Coupled with the fact that Abyssea (i.e. high level mobs) make getting a Kindred Seal very rare also hurt us. Yes you can farm 8hr15mins+ solo on optimal KS farming mobs... but this is no where near equivalent to waiting 3hrs or so for a mob to spawn. Not even having a guaranteed drop means that the path to these items (incuding bb items, ridill-esque items, and abjs) means the effort heavily outweighs the reward which is bad game design at its best/worst.
    I completely agree but "Oh you must be a botter who want's stuff on easy mode" according to his post.
    (1)

Really, This forum has made me kinda happy.

According to half the poster it feels like i'll be doing the KSNM99's and Fafnirs completely uncontested as none of you appear to own a Single Kindred seal >.>!

W00000 Free Blackbelts.

Now Mercin' KSNM99's

2mil a pop

PST!
    (1)

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Just a news flash to people too the Ridill and things are worthless. The NMs are camped for D. ring, BB items, and maybe the occassional THF wants some N. Abj. gear. The rest of is is worthless crap. Stuff like Zenith feet were next to worthless at 75 too. Given SE's track record with the lame augments too I can not imagine them being anything special. Even if they were it be a lot of work for some sidegrade piece of equipment.

That being said, I love this game, but I think there are some weirdos on the dev team and a bunch of morons in the community.
    On this note I understand that many people find X items from the old days not worth it but there are some of us who want the item that they've always wanted their whole FFXI career, mine is Dalmatica. Lets not forget that SE has already mentioned and shown (in screenshots) the upcoming augment system that make items these items comparable to +2 emp armor. Some of the reasons SE is even bothering to revamp old content is to alleviate congestion (mainly away from abyssea) and making content more accessible - which is miles above what many of us that they would ever do (no one had any hope anything would ever change). Someone times its not about having the best of X its about getting what you want however small or big it is.
    (0)
    Last edited by KigenAngelios; 04-20-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I agree, this adjustment to these HNMs is much worse than anything they could have done.

I was excited when I heard there would be adjustments... I assumed lower respawn timers, maybe 9-12 hours. Instead, we get this shit.

Now, if this trigger system was added to supplement the current world spawn system, it'd be epic. Keep the camps for people willing to camp, and triggers for people willing to farm. Instead, it sounds like it will replace the current world spawn, which is just awful.

I am disappointed... this is easily the worst news we've had in a LONG time.
    Yup.

I really want some of what they are smoking.

It is not hard to think about how to adjust these things. Really it is not hard at all.

Now creating new content, revitalizing older areas, and so on is hard, but adjusting some pops is not.

It is not just these old mostly useless HNMs that should have simply had their respawn time cut. It is sky too. multiple pop items are not the answer to things taking 3 hours to repop. People pretty much only want the W.legs out of there. People going around soloing/duoing the NMs or hogging them to make others buy the pop items they let floor is dumb. Having to wait 3-6 hours on top of that for something like Mother Globe to come back is crap.

It is clear they want us to waste time so we keep playing, and I rather keep playing for the same reasons I have been. Which does not include being annoyed by the dev team.
    (2)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast